BajaNomad

Baja Beat at Serenidad Pig Roast Saturday

Pescador - 4-13-2016 at 08:14 AM

The Baja Beat will be playing at Mulege at the Serinidad Hotel this Saturday evening starting at 6. This is a really fun way to spend a Sat. night. Don Johnson was still walking around and greeting everyone last time we were there and we expect a great turnout.

durrelllrobert - 4-13-2016 at 10:09 AM

Appropriate musical accompaniment to the squeaking of the pig roast spit.

bajaguy - 4-13-2016 at 10:21 AM

I think not

I have heard them play, have you??

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Udo - 4-13-2016 at 10:34 AM

I love the banner...is it a plastic sign, a blanket or?

Pescador - 4-13-2016 at 10:36 AM

Bob Durrell, that would be our Pig Calling Contest not to be confused with our caterwauling.

durrelllrobert - 4-13-2016 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
I think not

I have heard them play, have you??

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Did I say something wrong? What i wrote was meant as a compliment.

Pescador - 4-13-2016 at 01:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I love the banner...is it a plastic sign, a blanket or?

No, it is a hand sewn sign done by a friend of mine who lives in San Bruno. She also did a bang up job on the tip jar for Pepe.

Pescador - 4-17-2016 at 12:07 PM

Well, things are slowing down at the usual places where we play but when we arrived to set up at Serenidad, we found out that the Doctors Without Borders and the Flying Samaritans were in town for a clinic. What an honor to play for the people who are such an inspiration and help to the people in Baja. They had worked hard all day with clinics that were overrun with people coming in for help and they were ready to have a couple of margaritas and listen to the music. One of the pilots had a birthday and they did not tell him beforehand that he was getting a great Mexican Tres Leches Cake and his own private band to play "Las Mananitas. Another pilot just turned 83 but part of what keeps him young is flying his airplane all over the place and hauling medical professionals to the various clinics. What a fantastic evening.