BajaNomad

Four passenger motorcycle.

Cisco - 4-24-2016 at 03:22 PM

http://thebikeshed.cc/2016/04/01/kevils-ural-750-combo-the-t...

KurtG - 4-24-2016 at 05:22 PM

Yesterday was the annual motorcycle side car gathering in Paso Robles, Ca. Several Ural rigs but none as cool as this. Ural offers their sidecar with a driven sidecar wheel, slow but rugged.

Gulliver - 4-24-2016 at 09:34 PM

And it will take all four people to get it out of the ditch!

weebray - 4-25-2016 at 06:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
Yesterday was the annual motorcycle side car gathering in Paso Robles, Ca. Several Ural rigs but none as cool as this. Ural offers their sidecar with a driven sidecar wheel, slow but rugged.

"Rugged" does not really describe these dinosaurs. The technology here could be best described as dawn of man. They used 1/4" X 2" steel straps to reinforce the cabin. Now what you would call practical but heads will turn.

Pacifico - 4-25-2016 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  

http://thebikeshed.cc/2016/04/01/kevils-ural-750-combo-the-t...

Love it! What a beautiful ride...

chuckie - 4-25-2016 at 08:20 AM

Urals are Kool..I have owned two...Like the Greeves, they appear to have been chopped out of old railroad rails with a Dull axe...BUT you cant break em...

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Urals are Kool..I have owned two...Like the Greeves, they appear to have been chopped out of old railroad rails with a Dull axe...BUT you cant break em...

Chuckie and Kurt,
Well, that bike is so cool because it's a Beemer....Urals are what they are....relics even when new....trendy slumming downgrade bikes.

I have a friend in Seattle who has a number of sidecars ....some uber-expensive custom BMW ones and a few Urals....he uses the Urals more for the rough stuff....probably because he enjoys getting underneath it in the mud to fix something every 1/2 hour....

chuckie - 4-25-2016 at 12:27 PM

They are definitely NOT Beemers...I was a BMW dealer when I owned the Urals...That's like saying Jennifer Lopez and Hillary Clinton are twin sisters...Sorry Ed, Ya got that wrong...First time EVER for you, tho...gotta say that

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 12:39 PM

They are definitely NOT Beemers...I was a BMW dealer when I owned the Urals...That's like saying Jennifer Lopez and Hillary Clinton are twin sisters...Sorry Ed, Ya got that wrong...First time EVER for you, tho...gotta say that

Chuck,
I stand corrected (just skimmed the article notes and saw "BMW", but that was in reference to who built the rig....my apolo-geeze...).

...that link show some beauty beemers, though.

I have owned a 1973 R75/5 (silver)... sold
1981 R80G/S...black ... sold
1984 R100RS dark grey/smoke trim...sold
1996 R1100 GSA black....still riding it

The Russians took a run at copying the BMW....fun project bike....like owning a British sports car....

Cisco - 4-25-2016 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Chuck,
I stand corrected (just skimmed the article notes and saw "BMW", but that was in reference to who built the rig....my apolo-geeze...).

...that link show some beauty beemers, though.

I have owned a 1973 R75/5 (silver)... sold
1981 R80G/S...black ... sold
1984 R100RS dark grey/smoke trim...sold
1996 R1100 GSA black....still riding it

The Russians took a run at copying the BMW....fun project bike....like owning a British sports car....

Ged did you click the link in the article for:

http://thebikeshed.cc/2015/12/24/kevils-moto-3/

More to your sport liking.

on edit: For the Beemer folks, the "Hangover" bike.

http://thebikeshed.cc/2015/06/01/kevils-bomber/

[Edited on 4-25-2016 by Cisco]

chuckie - 4-25-2016 at 01:20 PM

My Daughter pointed out that I actually owned THREE Urals..Two came as part of a trial dealer startup package, and one I bought years later at an RMTA event...We fitted a sidehack to one of the new ones, hack was made by JAWA with a converta kit to URAL...If memory serves, the retail price on the Urals was under 1200.00....Had to deep discount em to get rid of them...But other than Ugly, never had a comeback complaint...They were neat...Cisco..thanks for the trip down memory lane...

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 01:27 PM

Cisco,
I got on to his site from pour original Ural link....nice bikes, for sure.

I like a simple dirt-beast beemer/cafe racer stripped beemer when it comes to modified bikes.....

Sold this backroad beast:

... for an upgrade:

Standard Ural procedure .... "I dunno...maybe it's leaking from there..."