BajaNomad

Need rental at Gonzaga Bay

Lorenzo - 5-16-2016 at 05:19 PM

Would be interested in renting a house at Gonzaga Bay June 8th through June 13th, 2016. We (2 persons) are planning on fishing the Governor's Trophy fishing tournament on June 11th, but cannot find any available lodging. Thanks. Lorenzo - campolorenzo@hotmail.com (616) 101-3020

David K - 5-16-2016 at 06:47 PM

If the Alfonsina's 'Hotel' or El Sacrificio cabins are full, then you may need to plan on camping at Rancho Grande, Campo Beluga or Papa Fernandez'.

All the homes at Gonzaga Bay are pretty much-valued projects of their owners, they are off grid, and I have never heard of any off-grid rental houses there... Just too risky that the guest won't set all the solar switches back to the correct position, turn off the pila line, etc.

willardguy - 5-16-2016 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
If the Alfonsina's 'Hotel' or El Sacrificio cabins are full, then you may need to plan on camping at Rancho Grande, Campo Beluga or Papa Fernandez'.

All the homes at Gonzaga Bay are pretty much-valued projects of their owners, they are off grid, and I have never heard of any off-grid rental houses there... Just too risky that the guest won't set all the solar switches back to the correct position, turn off the pila line, etc.

davids right! it would be anarchy, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, guests indiscriminately flipping switches, toilets exploding!
god help us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woody with a view - 5-16-2016 at 07:17 PM

c'mon Willard offer up your front porch. just think, pee stains on the wall, land mines buried in the sand and toilet paper streamers all waiting for your return.

Lorenzo - 5-17-2016 at 07:50 AM

Thanks for the info. All accommodations in the entire area are booked, including the trailers out on the main road. I totally understand why homeowners do not rent their places, actually at our Campo Lorenzo renting/sub-leasing is not permitted at all. Unfortunately, there will be a lot less participants in this tournament because of lodging. I think there were close to 100 contestants, plus government staff, at the San Felipe tournament last Saturday. Oh well, may need to rent an "air conditioned" motorhome!(if I hit the lotto) :light:

Rancho Grande

John M - 5-17-2016 at 07:58 AM

There have been a few travel trailers brought in directly across the highway from the store at Rancho Grande. We were at Gonzaga on a busy weekend where all the paplapas were taken except one. We thought about asking if the travel trailers were for rent but took the remaining palapa instead....the trailers look pretty well maintained and would seem to cared for by the store - I'd guess there are half-dozen of them.

John M