BajaNomad

X Ray at Otay?

woody with a view - 5-23-2016 at 05:32 AM

Last time SB thru Otay was in August and there was a lot of construction. Did they install an X Ray machine or was it just to make the entrance better? I have a thing about excess radiation.

mtgoat666 - 5-23-2016 at 06:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Last time SB thru Otay was in August and there was a lot of construction. Did they install an X Ray machine or was it just to make the entrance better? I have a thing about excess radiation.

If we provide you advice on where to smuggle, that's conspiracy to smuggle; no thanks!

woody with a view - 5-23-2016 at 06:15 AM

I'll wear my tinfoil hat if I have to!

gnukid - 5-23-2016 at 06:17 AM

You can ask them to drive the car through the xray and explain you want to avoid the risk to your health, I do. It takes a while longer but it will help you avoid the heavy xray.

mtgoat666 - 5-23-2016 at 06:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
You can ask them to drive the car through the xray and explain you want to avoid the risk to your health, I do. It takes a while longer but it will help you avoid the heavy xray.

They don't allow peeps to stay in car during X-ray.

SFandH - 5-23-2016 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Then what is that big machine I had to drive through at San Ysidro secondary inspection on the US side when going north?

[Edited on 5-23-2016 by SFandH]

woody with a view - 5-23-2016 at 09:04 AM

I'm asking about southbound into Mex.

mtgoat666 - 5-23-2016 at 10:04 AM

On the mexico side they have asked us to exit the car during xray.
The usa side does xray you while you are in car. The usa avoided getting fda approval of machines by saying they are used for non-medical purposes, the machines may or may not hurt you,... I bet you the emplyees operating the machine stand behind shields, so shouldnt you??? Usa is exempt from lawsuits if border crossers get cancer from xrays, so the man has little reason to consider safety.

In the words of lawrence olivier, "is it safe?" (Isnt he a tj dentist?)

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Then what is that big machine I had to drive through at San Ysidro secondary inspection on the US side when going north?

[Edited on 5-23-2016 by SFandH]

David K - 5-23-2016 at 10:13 AM

The one time that my truck [and several others at the same time] was x-rayed (by the U.S., going north) EVERYONE was ordered out of the vehicles as the x-ray machine was driven over the cars.

Bajaboy - 5-23-2016 at 10:57 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
I'm asking about southbound into Mex.

Prolly lost in translations:lol: