BajaNomad

Update on bridge construction Rosarito

gsbotanico - 6-7-2016 at 02:32 PM

The new bridge is open over the toll road where the old highway intersects in Rosarito. However, construction is still going on, and there is still no new on ramp to go south. The place to make the U-turn is displaced. There is only one lane to make the U-turn. Most cars will have to bump off the pavement to complete the turn. Larger vehicles might be better off going further ahead to the traffic light.

I haven't figured out where the new ramp goes. The old bridge will probably be knocked down, so construction will be ongoing for many months more.

Udo - 6-7-2016 at 08:16 PM

:bounce:

mtgoat666 - 6-7-2016 at 09:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gsbotanico  
The new bridge is open over the toll road where the old highway intersects in Rosarito. However, construction is still going on, and there is still no new on ramp to go south. The place to make the U-turn is displaced. There is only one lane to make the U-turn. Most cars will have to bump off the pavement to complete the turn. Larger vehicles might be better off going further ahead to the traffic light.

I haven't figured out where the new ramp goes. The old bridge will probably be knocked down, so construction will be ongoing for many months more.

As long as I can still take the toll road through Rosarito without stopping, then all is good!

[Edited on 6-8-2016 by mtgoat666]

StuckSucks - 6-8-2016 at 11:12 AM

The dirt transition road to the SB toll road:

willardguy - 6-8-2016 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
The dirt transition road to the SB toll road:

when was that taken? coming down the free road day before yesterday that dirt transition is no longer there, you're back to making the U-turn like you used to....

StuckSucks - 6-8-2016 at 11:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

when was that taken?

June 2

chuckie - 6-8-2016 at 11:38 AM

Different Mexico?

willardguy - 6-8-2016 at 11:53 AM

like the OP said, the new bridge has just opened.

gsbotanico - 6-8-2016 at 04:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
like the OP said, the new bridge has just opened.

I crossed over the new bridge on Monday morning (June 6) around 6 am. At this time of the year the sun is already up. Good visibility. In the dark it would have been more difficult because the barriers don't make it really clear which way to go. I followed another car, made the very tight U-turn, and was heading south on the toll road in a very short distance.