BajaNomad

Fidiecomiso help near Mulege

healthdetective - 7-12-2016 at 09:54 AM

Hello all,
Can anyone recommend someone to help me navigate a fidecomiso on a simple property I intend to purchase in the Mulege area in the coming very near future. Bi-lingual person would be awesome but open to all possibilities.
Thank you.

JC43 - 7-12-2016 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
Hello all,
Can anyone recommend someone to help me navigate a fidecomiso on a simple property I intend to purchase in the Mulege area in the coming very near future. Bi-lingual person would be awesome but open to all possibilities.
Thank you.

It very much depends on where exactly the property is located. In and around Mulege many properties are Ejido Land. Which is not a problem if you buy from the Ejido Community. Don`t even think about buying from an Ejido family - privately.
Most of the land southbound the carreterra was disputed in court for some 20 years or so. Between Don Johnson and the Ejido Community. Johnson lost! He could not show any evidence that he ever paid for the land. > that's what I know.
So, before anybody can help you with your question, you gotto come up with the location you are reflecting on.

healthdetective - 7-12-2016 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for your input. The property is in Punta Chivato.

BajaBlanca - 7-12-2016 at 12:57 PM

you should ask your neighbors. They, for the most part, have been there a very long time.

Beautiful area you chose BTW!

bajaumpaw - 7-12-2016 at 01:18 PM

NADIA MIRANDA LIZARDI SHE IS A LAWYER AND LIVES IN MULEGE SPEAKS GOOD ENGLISH 615-104-3222 nadiamlmulege@hotmail.com Tell her Texas Jerry recommend her.

Pescador - 7-12-2016 at 02:01 PM

The person that everyone trusts at Punta Chivato is Julieta Medina. Her phone is 615-104-6266. She is bilingual and very aware of everything at Punta Chivato.

healthdetective - 7-12-2016 at 02:05 PM

You guys are the best. Thank you!

Bajahowodd - 7-12-2016 at 05:21 PM

Maybe its just me, but I have never thought about Punto Chivato and Mulege in the same breath. Perhaps Nomad Russ can share here, but I always thought that folks in Punto Chivato looked towards Santa Rosalia as their place for shopping, Etc.

BigBearRider - 7-12-2016 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Maybe its just me, but I have never thought about Punto Chivato and Mulege in the same breath. Perhaps Nomad Russ can share here, but I always thought that folks in Punto Chivato looked towards Santa Rosalia as their place for shopping, Etc.

I am a newcomer to Punta Chivato, but I shop in Palo Verde, Mulege and Santa Rosalia. Obviously, Palo Verde is the closest. Mulege next, and Santa Rosalia after that. The little store in Palo Verde has most of the stuff I may need. Mulege has almost everything imaginable. And Santa Rosalia's Ley and Coppel have all of the above, and then a lot more.

BajaBlanca - 7-12-2016 at 07:25 PM

I heard that Julieta is now in La Paz? So,I am thinking that Mulege Jerry's recommendation might be better.

Good luck with whomever you choose.

shari - 7-12-2016 at 07:42 PM

Most folks here in Asuncion have used Alonso Lopez who speaks English and is an agent who handles these kinds of tramites. His email is alonsobaja@gmail.com

Pescador - 7-12-2016 at 07:53 PM

Julieta is in La Paz but still handles a lot of things that go on at Chivato.

JC43 - 7-12-2016 at 10:33 PM

Punta Chivato is certainly a nice spot. No doubt. But there is a But you should think about before buying. No water no power.
Water is carried in by truck. Power = solar = hassle with batteries and such. If you like the Mulege area, why not thinking about Mulege itself.
Power and water as much as you can pay for. Just an idea.
Good Luck anyway.

BigBearRider - 7-12-2016 at 10:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Punta Chivato is certainly a nice spot. No doubt. But there is a But you should think about before buying. No water no power.
Water is carried in by truck. Power = solar = hassle with batteries and such. If you like the Mulege area, why not thinking about Mulege itself.
Good Luck anyway.

While you can certainly carry water in by truck, Punta Chivato has a water system piping water directly to your house.

You get your power through solar, batteries and/or generators.

Mulege has an advantage when it comes to internet access though. In Punta Chivato, you have to get it through satellite.

BigBearRider - 7-12-2016 at 11:02 PM

[Edit removing JC43 quote to try to fix formatting issue in this thread.]

Most of Baja was Ejido land at some point. it is my understanding that buying directly from the "Ejido Community" does not ensure there are no problems. (I think this is what happened in Punta Banda, anyone?)

Instead, you have to make sure that the Ejido has properly converted the land to private property to allow for sale. See link:

http://www.mexicolaw.com.mx/articles/can-i-buy-ejido-land

"Ejido land is not private property and cannot be bought and sold as if it were. However, since the constitutional reforms of 1992 ejido land now can be converted into private property and sold to third parties, including foreigners."

[Edited on 7-13-2016 by BigBearRider]

mtnpop - 7-13-2016 at 09:06 AM

Are you back in Salida??
would be glad to get with you for lunch sometime, maybe we can help answer some questions... We have property in Mulege and Chivato...
It is always somewhat of a challenge but an be done w/o too much stress..
We are on the other side of the Hayden fire from you.. looks like they are letting it burn over 12K acres now and zero containment... it is about 12 or so miles straight west of us...
Take care and will try to talk with you soon..

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
You guys are the best. Thank you!

healthdetective - 7-13-2016 at 10:10 AM

mtnpop

Yes I am back in Salida and would be happy to break bread with you after the smoke clears (pardon the pun)

u2u me if you want my number

or email healthdetective9@hotmail.com

JC43 - 7-13-2016 at 10:44 AM

@ B B Rider.
That is exactly what I was trying to say. But thanks for more info. The Ejido Community in Mulege has converted the land for private sale. So there is no problem at all.
But again. Do not buy from private Ejido Families. There comes the problem for sure. Buying from the Ejido Community is safe. You are getting a contract which is bullet proof.

alacran - 7-13-2016 at 11:00 AM

Mulege and Chivato are 2 separate ejidos

BigBearRider - 7-13-2016 at 11:02 AM

Good point. Punta Chivato is the San Bruno Ejido, if I recall correctly.

It is not necessarily safe to by straight from an Ejido. They must have converted the land for sale first.

Pescador - 7-13-2016 at 09:23 PM

Almost all of the land at Chivato has been privatized. If there was a fideo on the property before you will just transfer to a new owner. Yes, Chivato was owned by the ejido of San Bruno and was split into parcels. Each Ejido member got a parcel and they did a major privatization when they got away from leasing lots and started selling them. If you are looking at a property that has not been privatized, then do not look any further, because it is almost impossible to get it privatized, which happens through the Agrarian Court.

Russ - 7-14-2016 at 06:51 AM

I haven't heard of Julieta doing Fido's recently. Jose at the Realestate
Place across from the water shop has been doing a really good job. He has really good contacts to facilitate the process. Speaks English too. I'm NOB so don't have his info handy, sorry.

healthdetective - 7-14-2016 at 11:25 AM

Thanks Russ. WIll try and track him down

Russ - 7-15-2016 at 06:51 AM

Another thing you may want to look into is weather or not there has been an environmental study done. I added 25 meters to my lot and before I did th improvements I checked and they want $12,000usd for the study and permit to do any improvements. When I return i'm going
to ask Jose if he can get it done for less. This should have been done before the ejido members started selling lots on Shell Beach. Now PROFEPA is going after the lot owners. This is a pretty big deal because if PROFEPA decides you are their next target the fines, study and lawyer can be a huge cost

Pescador - 7-15-2016 at 08:14 AM

Russ is right, Robin's office is right across from the downtown water store. Jose is up to speed on doing the fideo's and should be able to tell you that any house or lot that you are looking at is up to snuff. The two people that Julieta helped out were done only because of friend connections and she does not plan to come up to do any more.

Here is the info on Robin who posts here as ROBINhood.
http://www.mulege-properties.com/
1 619 502 9290 (USA)
+52-1-615-153-1035 (From the USA) Office.
+52-1-615-153-1123 (From the USA Home
615-153-1035/615-153-1123 from Mexico
If you happen to get a Spanish speaker on either line please don't get frustrated - just email me and I will call you back at your convenience.
*Stop for a cappuccino, sweet roll, or an organic lasagna at MAGO's Bakery all winter long.*

JC43 - 7-15-2016 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Good Luck anyway.

While you can certainly carry water in by truck, Punta Chivato has a water system piping water directly to your house.

You get your power through solar, batteries and/or generators.

Mulege has an advantage when it comes to internet access though. In Punta Chivato, you have to get it through satellite.

I know that practice from Cabo San Lucas > private water supply. Those private water associations (or call them water companies) can charge you whatever they want. Here in CSL we have more than one private water companies for different subdivisions pulling the homeowners over the table. And you can`t do nothing about it. Can you move your house to a better area? Nope!
Considering buying or building in Mulege, you have the advantage to deal with SAPA, the official Mexican water company for the area. And SAPA is not pulling you over the table as everybody - Us folks and Mexicans - are paying the same amount. Sapa charges 115 Mexican Pesos a month if you have a waterline supplying your house. If you get your water from the well at Icehouse road yourself, it is for free. Many folks do that and it is easy and fun.
Other advantage which speaks for Mulege. Internet! (very important) Power! The power bill in Mulege is about 350 MX Pesos for a two month period w/o A/C.
No hassle with solar and batteries and all the unhealthy fumes.
No extra room for that stuff. No panels on the roof. Solar is a costly hassle!

healthdetective - 7-15-2016 at 10:17 PM

Pescador
I spoke to Julieta today and she is looking into things for me. Thanks for the recommendation.

Russ
There is a small house on the small property. While I will want to improve it's condition do you think the government regulations you spoke of would apply in this instance?

Russ - 7-16-2016 at 07:52 AM

healthdetective, check your U2U

BajaMama - 7-18-2016 at 08:41 AM

The property with the small wall around it next to "fish camp"?

healthdetective - 7-18-2016 at 07:42 PM

BajaMama,

No, that isn't it. Once papers are signed I will happily disclose. Sorry, it's a weird superstition with me.

Bob and Susan - 7-19-2016 at 06:26 PM

....If you get your water from the well at Icehouse road yourself, it is for free. Many folks do that and it is easy and fun.

well...that's NOT true...water at the well is paid for by the people that fill there...you need an account with SAPA

currently there is a guard and a chain when its closed...the valve is closed at night...

JC43 - 7-21-2016 at 05:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
....If you get your water from the well at Icehouse road yourself, it is for free. Many folks do that and it is easy and fun.

well...that's NOT true...water at the well is paid for by the people that fill there...you need an account with SAPA

currently there is a guard and a chain when its closed...the valve is closed at night...

Again:::: Not true Sr Bob&Susan. As far as I know you are getting the water as a commercial entity. Yes, you have to pay for the water !
I was talking getting the water as a private guy. And there you get it for free. I do have plenty of friends not having a water line to their house. And they are getting the water at the well for free. Period.

Bob and Susan - 7-21-2016 at 07:26 PM

Again:::: Not true Sr Bob&Susan. As far as I know you are getting the water as a commercial entity. Yes, you have to pay for the water !
I was talking getting the water as a private guy. And there you get it for free. I do have plenty of friends not having a water line to their house. And they are getting the water at the well for free. Period.

i'm sure they accommodate hardship cases...

the water is NOT free...everyone is supposed to pay

your understanding of the water situation is incorrect...maybe you should visit the sapa office and talk to the director...i'm sure she will set you straight

JC43 - 7-21-2016 at 08:33 PM

i'm sure they accommodate hardship cases...

the water is NOT free...everyone is supposed to pay

your understanding of the water situation is incorrect...maybe you should visit the sapa office and talk to the director...i'm sure she will set you straight

Why are you so stubborn denying facts. The fact that the water is free for those who have to get it from the well has nothing to do with hardship cases or such. That is big BS.
YOUR understanding of what`s going on at the well is incorrect. Many of our friends who have to go to the well and getting the water there do not have to pay anything.
Granted by the former director.
And the one before the former director.
And the current one, which is a woman.
All of our friends have a sticker at the water truck or trailer issued by the former or currant director telling the guy at the well that they can pick up the water for free.
If you like it or not THAT IS A FACT.
That you have to pay for getting water for a commercial business is a different story.

So, start learning and do not post BS here.:fire:

chuckie - 7-22-2016 at 02:55 PM

JC43, you have posted more BS and lies about Mulege and its people than all else on this forum combined. Anything you write is suspect and likely written with some con in mind...BEWARE of this guy folks....BEWARE

JC43 - 7-22-2016 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
JC43, you have posted more BS and lies about Mulege and its people than all else on this forum combined. Anything you write is suspect and likely written with some con in mind...BEWARE of this guy folks....BEWARE

Under normal circumstances a post from "chuckie" is not worth to respond to. He is just too old to catch the point in many posts here. Different this time, as it must be made clear who is the big liar here.
I have supplied evidence in another thread that "chuckie" is a backstabber. Constantly attacking other users with personal attacks.

Now, Mister "chuckie" I am asking you to come up with one single evidence about a lie I posted here. A lie about Mulege or its people. As you said.
JUST ONE!

If you can`t do that I am officially calling you a liar!

chuckie - 7-22-2016 at 03:48 PM

Nah, I am not doing your homework for you...I am NOT a "Backstabber" My opinions of you are expressed right up front As to your opinions on my age, your prejudice is just one more indicator of your mentality.....I don't care what you call me....You have NO credibility.....

JC43 - 7-22-2016 at 04:24 PM

Nah, I am not doing your homework for you...I am NOT a "Backstabber" My opinions of you are expressed right up front As to your opinions on my age, your prejudice is just one more indicator of your mentality.....I don't care what you call me....You have NO credibility.....

YEP, I guessed,,,,,, no, I knew it,,,,, that you can`t come up with only one single lie I posted here about Mulege or its people.
Because I never did!
Even more, it is not my homework! I was asking you to come up with one single evidence. So, the ball is on you! But you are using a poor excuse because you can`t come up with nothing.
A backstabber and liar you are.
It is YOUR credibility which is going down the drain!!!
Oh, I have to reverse that. In general a liar like you has no credibility at all. :fire::fire::fire:

chuckie - 7-22-2016 at 06:24 PM

Thank you for your input, JC43....

JC43 - 7-22-2016 at 07:31 PM

Thank you for your input, JC43....

What about your input, Mister? Do you have anything to contribute to the headline --- instead of personal attacks?
I tried my best by pointing out about the positives and negatives of living in a community like Punta Chivato - compaired to i.e. Mulege. That`s what the headline was somehow about. Well, a little bit aside, I have to admit. But anyway, I contributed at least something to this thread. You did nothing else but posting personal attacks --- or call it: Kansas Prairie Dog chit.
I feel sorry for you that you are such a stubborn old guy.

chuckie - 7-22-2016 at 07:43 PM

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Pescador - 7-23-2016 at 08:21 AM

Opinions are like a..........., most have one.:rolleyes:

chuckie - 7-23-2016 at 09:10 AM

:(:(:(:?::(:(
Grumpy old fart....

JC43 - 7-23-2016 at 09:26 AM

completely understood: That`s the way you collected 3900 plus posts and because of that being an Elite Nomad. But not contributing a damn word to the headline. Only posting BS, personal attacks and smilies. The understanding of a Kansas Prairie Dog.

chuckie - 7-23-2016 at 09:39 AM

I think Kansas prairie dogs are smarter, actually..They aren't wasting their time on you....Maybe I should increase my medication?

JC43 - 7-23-2016 at 10:37 AM

I think Kansas prairie dogs are smarter, actually..They aren't wasting their time on you....Maybe I should increase my medication?

Oh, YES , damn right! Kansas Prairie Dogs are smarter than you > you are wasting not only my time by constantly attacking with personal attacks, you are wasting everybody's time here with posting only BS. No contribution to the headline yet.
And YES again > increase your medication or change the pot you are smoking to a higher doses!

chuckie - 7-23-2016 at 11:56 AM

Thank you for your input JC43!:biggrin:

Pescador - 7-23-2016 at 12:26 PM

Well, when you get widely differing opinions ( and JC43 was expressing only an opinion about the water) I talked to the Director of SAPA whose office is in Santa Rosalia and she indicated that yes, Bob is right, people are supposed to pay, but several whined and cried about it so she figured it would be easier to slowly change everything. She used a gesture which is usually only known to the Mexicans which was to touch your elbow and something about "codo". Which basically means someone is so tight that if they have dollars in their hand and you hit them on the elbow with a rock, they will still not let go.

Fernweh - 7-23-2016 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
Well, when you get widely differing opinions ( and JC43 was expressing only an opinion about the water) I talked to the Director of SAPA whose office is in Santa Rosalia and she indicated that yes, Bob is right, people are supposed to pay, but several whined and cried about it so she figured it would be easier to slowly change everything. She used a gesture which is usually only known to the Mexicans which was to touch your elbow and something about "codo". Which basically means someone is so tight that if they have dollars in their hand and you hit them on the elbow with a rock, they will still not let go.

Please what is the phrase in Espanol?

Pescador - 7-23-2016 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  

Please what is the phrase in Espanol?

The phrase in Espanol is "Codo" When someone is tight the Mexicans will touch their elbow, or actually say "codo" and both mean the same thing.

chuckie - 7-23-2016 at 01:05 PM

Kinda like when you bought my smoker?

JC43 - 7-23-2016 at 01:23 PM

Sorry Pescador, you are the next one talking BS.
1. it is not my opinion ,,, it is a fact, that those residents having no water line to their house are getting the water for free > if they pick it up by themselves. I never said anything different. But B&S and you and others are not catching the point.
2. You guys are mixing up private water use and >>>commercial water use - which you have to pay for.
§. There are too many private households in or around Mulege
with no waterline. So what do you think Sapa can charge them for not delivering water to their house???? See and that`s the BS you are talking like others who have just an idea of things but having no basic knowledge. If you guys in Punta Chivato have an own water system, you got to pay for as then it is commercial water.
Period

chuckie - 7-23-2016 at 02:18 PM

Pescador made the team!

JC43 - 7-23-2016 at 09:18 PM

Pescador made the team!

Not quite true, chuckie. You are the leader of the pack because you are the most stupid one. Never contributing anything to the thread other than personal attacks!
Reminds me of Donald! :lol::lol::lol:

Pescador - 7-24-2016 at 11:37 AM

Golly Jee, JC 43, did you have a disturbed childhood or did you come by your snarly, nasty, and aggressive behavior naturally?

JC43 - 7-24-2016 at 02:55 PM

Golly Jee, JC 43, did you have a disturbed childhood or did you come by your snarly, nasty, and aggressive behavior naturally?

Neither one of it, Pescador. I have a friendly nature. i.e. I like music. I like to smile a lot. I am luckily married. So my life is 100% o.k.! Just if I am talking to people with no knowledge about the issue we are talking about, then I am fighting for the truth against those stupid ones.
Take Bob and Susan (B&S) as an example. Bob is getting the water as a commercial user. You are the same, you are getting the water from your water distribution guy. (is that correct?) So your water is commercial water.
There are hundreds of folks in Mulege with no water line to their house. And that was the point of the issue. Those folks are getting the water - when they pick it up themselves - for free.
Here in this forum are some users not having the brain to get the point.
I called two of our friends on Friday asking when they drove to the well and getting water. The one was there on Tuesday getting the water for free. The other one just an hour before I called him. Water for free.
So what is the discussion all about???
It is because some of YOU do not have the brain to get it or are nasty by nature and opposing everything which is not according to their opinion. And then, like you, posting what you posted above. 100% nonsense as you have no knowledge of the facts.
I am talking facts though!

chuckie - 7-24-2016 at 03:28 PM

I think, way down deep, he likes you, Pescador....

JC43 - 7-24-2016 at 06:23 PM

I think, way down deep, he likes you, Pescador....

on the contrary to you :lol:

and I am making a wild guess: Pescador said he talked to the director of SAPA (that is the water distributing company in the Mulege area, for those who don`t know) in Santa Rosalia.
My guess, Pescador DID NOT ASK if or not residents with NO water line to their house can get the water for free > if they pick it up at the well themselves.
Now. Pescador, be honest and answer this.

chuckie - 7-24-2016 at 06:31 PM

Ve know you have relatives in ze old country, Pescador...Anzer my qvestions or your grandmother vill have a visit...