BajaNomad

Nicaragua Surf Trip

bryanmichaelmeyer - 7-18-2016 at 01:50 PM

I'm a newbie to the site for posting but have been following the advice and rants of everyone for about 5 years now since I started venturing from Half Moon Bay to Baja. Thanks for it all!

Wanted to share an amazing surf trip my lady and I went on 2 weeks ago. I've been to Baja about 12ish times and as a surfer being skunked is not fun, especially in remote parts of Baja where beer is not easily accessible. With work schedules not allowing much spur of the moment swell chasing we wanted to go somewhere a little more consistent. So we decided to take a trip to Nicaragua, specifically a remote "hostel" at the Playgrounds surf break. With the swell being the least active 2 weeks ago in a long time I was told by many friends not to worry because Nica ALWAYS has waves. Well despite the waves being 2-3ft it was such a blast and we caught sooooo many waves of varying sizes. It was perfect for my lady who is still getting comfortable in the water. Playgrounds is family run and they have it all figured out. Fly into Managua and they take over: airport transport, amazing food, panga rides, photos, beer and booze, limit of 8 campers , and other panga's being at least a 30 minute ride make this place a dream.

Check it out!

Doubles.JPG - 204kB

StuckSucks - 7-18-2016 at 01:52 PM

"rants of everyone" - true.

Sounds like a spectacular trip - got any more photos to share?

bryanmichaelmeyer - 7-18-2016 at 02:09 PM

nomad2.JPG - 244kB

Nomad1.JPG - 233kB

Nomad4.JPG - 203kB

[Edited on 7-18-2016 by bryanmichaelmeyer]

Lee - 7-18-2016 at 08:54 PM

Nice photos. Keep surfing.

El Jefe - 7-19-2016 at 07:33 AM

Only problem seems to be that those waves are backwards. Hmm. I suppose I could adapt.

Well done. Sure is nice to expand one's horizons.

Garcam - 1-1-2017 at 03:12 PM

All Lefts?

fishbuck - 1-1-2017 at 03:39 PM

Nice!

MMc - 1-1-2017 at 06:13 PM

Nice, those waves are going in a goofy direction. It helps when you're goofy.
If you want to score Baja go the week before me or the week after. I always am driving into or away from a swell.;););)