BajaNomad

Sep trip Denver....California.....La Paz

Katedenver - 7-28-2016 at 05:51 PM

I plan to drive from Denver to La Paz mid Sep. I would love to find someone to drive/caravan with me at least part of the way.

AKgringo - 7-28-2016 at 07:26 PM

First of all, welcome to the forum! Have you had a chance to view some of the trip reports, reviews and road condition reports?

It would be helpful to know how flexible your travel plans are, and what you are driving (RV, camper, sedan, bike?)

Do you plan on pushing through, or exploring the route as you go?

Are you new to Baja, or do you have a pretty good idea of what to expect?

mtnpop - 7-29-2016 at 07:15 AM

In case you don't get to leave in Sep. we will be heading down about the second week in Oct... from the Canon City area..
We cut across 4 corners and cross at Algodones or Rio Colorado outside of Yuma... going to Mulege.. LaPaz is about 6 hours further down...
Either way, have a safe trip...

Katedenver - 7-29-2016 at 10:22 AM

Thank you for the advise. First time on this web site. I plan to drive. I have a SUV. I have been to the Baja several times. I have driven across the US many times.....but have never driven in Mexico. This is the main reason I would like to have company. I would like to be in La Paz the first of Oct.....and can leave Denver on Sep 5th or later. I am in no particular hurry and would love to learn more of the Baja as I go. I am house sitting in La Paz for someone....and they hope I am there by Oct 1.

acheateaux - 8-8-2016 at 12:15 PM

We are hammering down to Mulege Oct 3. Headed out to SoCal from Evergreen Oct 1, hang with my brother for a few days and jump the border early Mon morning. 1 long day of driving south then slow down for the way south for 3 weeks. 2wd high clearance camper van with a 4 year old.

BajaBlanca - 8-9-2016 at 05:51 PM

two newcomers! welcome to bajanomad!