BajaNomad

Asuncion Bayside house

redmesa - 8-5-2016 at 11:30 AM

Since my husband died I am finding the travel to Bahia Asuncion to be getting longer and longer so reluctantly I am selling my place there. It is one of the few houses on the bay, a block from Shari's Beach House and campground, and a house with a totally walled in 2 lots. I will be there this fall so if you are interested come by and visit me and we can talk. I am only addressing this to those seriously interested in a place in Bahia Asuncion and will not be posting pictures or giving out anymore info to the casual audience. U2U if you will be in Bahia Asuncion this fall and want to check it out.

woody with a view - 8-5-2016 at 12:28 PM

I can vouch for it-legit nice place!

shari - 8-5-2016 at 12:38 PM

Well....I sure hope someone who likes parties buys it...oh the wonderful gatherings we have had on that patio!!!! It is one of the few double lots around and with a neighbour like Boe4fun...who could go wrong!

redmesa - 8-5-2016 at 04:07 PM

I still have my upper lot so I do not have to totally rip my heart out. I think we can call it downsizing.

SFandH - 8-5-2016 at 04:42 PM

"will not be posting pictures or giving out anymore info to the casual audience"

please don't take offense but that is an unusual approach to selling a house

especially considering you announced the sale on a public message board.

condolences

shari - 8-5-2016 at 04:58 PM

well SF&H...redmesa is an unusual woman and she will have no trouble selling her place as there just arent any like it in the whole village...heck she may have already sold it! condolences to those who missed out.

redmesa - 8-5-2016 at 05:08 PM

SFandH , no offense taken because you do not understand . It is what it is. I love my casa and my pueblo deeply. How do you sell you heart?.

SFandH - 8-5-2016 at 05:22 PM

ok, glad no offense taken. :D

Bajaboy - 8-5-2016 at 06:32 PM

Good luck! See you on one of our upcoming visits.

redmesa - 8-5-2016 at 09:27 PM

Of course zach, John felt connected to you. It could have been the beer.

Bajaboy - 8-5-2016 at 09:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by redmesa  
Of course zach, John felt connected to you. It could have been the beer.

:light: John was a good man and is missed!

Drone photo

redmesa - 8-11-2016 at 08:40 AM

To good to not share. This was taken of my house by a friend with a drone.

[Edited on 8-11-2016 by redmesa]

redmesa - 8-11-2016 at 10:00 AM

Oh no, I have posting fever. My upstairs view with a room.

[file]34126[/file]

shari - 8-11-2016 at 10:14 AM

too bad that awesome fire pit doest really show....that's where the action is! Great photo Rossman!

BajaBlanca - 8-11-2016 at 01:38 PM

Les and I have enjoyed a beer in your front yard! It really is a great location. Best of luck with the sale.

DianaT - 8-11-2016 at 02:39 PM

[Edited on 8-11-2016 by redmesa]

Great photo! It made me smile to remember when you were not there and asked us to check on your , can't remember if it was squash or melon plants , but they had grown to monstrous sizes. The back yard was almost totally covered! They looked like something from a 1950s nuclear monster movie. :biggrin: --- a testament to the gardening possibilities.

Best of luck and hopes that your plans work very positively for you.

[Edited on 8-11-2016 by DianaT]

redmesa - 8-11-2016 at 02:44 PM

I remember the nuclear squash ( I think Roberto and his family scoredthe produce) and the beer with Les and Blanca with joy. Memories bring such happiness. Thanks gang.

redmesa - 8-26-2016 at 02:02 PM

My last posting for awhile about my casa. I have some interest and am meeting up with people in November. U2U me if you want to meet and greet this fall with offers over 75,000 USD. That price just about covers the walls, the rock work, and the 2 large lots. The house is a bonus. I will be in Bahia Asuncion November and December. [

dited on 8-11-2016 by redmesa]

redmesa - 8-26-2016 at 02:15 PM

Bayside House

Property from the heights

redmesa - 8-29-2016 at 08:55 AM

I couldn't resist this photo from Google. It shows my location to the seashore

woody with a view - 8-29-2016 at 08:57 AM

Love those white seashells on the shore. b-tchen material for paths around the yard.

rts551 - 8-29-2016 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Love those white seashells on the shore. b-tchen material for paths around the yard.

Until the weeds start to come up through them....at least in our area.

David K - 8-29-2016 at 09:20 AM

redmesa - 8-29-2016 at 10:18 AM

Not much of a problem with weeds in Bahia Asuncion, it is more a case of the sand covering up the shells. I wash them off now and then and rake them over.

redmesa - 8-29-2016 at 10:21 AM

That is Shari's Beach House in the lower center of the photo.

redmesa - 8-29-2016 at 05:36 PM

Greeting my good friends in Bahia Asuncion. A very happy moment for me.

dtbushpilot - 8-29-2016 at 05:55 PM

I buried my FJ to the frame driving through or should I say half way through those shells. It's like driving through a sea of ball bearings...

shari - 8-30-2016 at 09:46 AM

best storm watching place in town! We sit up on Suzanne's balcony and watch the storm swells approach the horse stall in front of her place.

We had the shells for a couple years and I didnt care for them as they got dirty after a few months, sunk into the sand or dirt and were a perfect home for all kinds of critters...love the laja stone we now have.

dtbushpilot - 8-30-2016 at 12:26 PM

I really appreciated you and Juan pulling me out of that shell bed Shari. I felt pretty silly with my badass 4X4 buried and Juan drove up beside me barely making tire tracks in the sand. That was the key, I was on shells, he was on sand. Nothing like a bit of local knowledge.

redmesa - 10-2-2016 at 12:57 PM

Bumping this up to help the people who have been inquiring to find it more readily.

Udo - 10-3-2016 at 08:56 PM

I had a somewhat similar problem with my 2012 FJ.

I dropped the air to about 15 PSI (the sidewall wrinkle doesn't work too well on decomposed sea shells), and we drove on the beach just past San Hipólito headed for the light house. So we drove down the beach a ways after we dropped down from a 10' ledge. But there was no other tire-tracked road on the way down the beach. To get back out of the beach, we had to drive back to the same tracked pathway we came down on (I am not the type to make my own tracks).

But on the way, we ran into that beach with the decomposed shells and buried the FJ in high 4X4 first gear.

The tide was now rapidly coming in and was only about three feet from the rear tire. I thought about calling Juan, but he was 40 minutes from us. The tide was going to swallow the FJ!

So my one and only emergency plan was to drop the air to about 5 PSI. Then put the FJ into 4X4 low with the 4 wheels locked.

So I slowly rocked the FJ up and back from the bury spot, and the FJ did what it was supposed to do...got itself out. It was just a matter of knowing when the tires were far enough up on the edge of the buried spot to be able to hit the gas and come out of the 4 holes.

Yes, we did have a winch...but no dead-man, and no trees to tie off to.

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
I buried my FJ to the frame driving through or should I say half way through those shells. It's like driving through a sea of ball bearings...

woody with a view - 10-4-2016 at 10:33 AM

4lo is your friend.

Udo - 10-4-2016 at 10:58 AM

:bounce:
In an FJ, the 4X4 crawl operation comes into effect at lower speeds (like under 10 MPH), but I don't know if that correlates to a specific RPM...there is no RPM definition in the owner's manual.

4lo is your friend.

woody with a view - 10-4-2016 at 12:09 PM

Right, it only works for low speeds. Rpm doesnt matter its lower the gearing that puts the power to the wheels.

[Edited on 10-4-2016 by woody with a view]

norte - 10-4-2016 at 12:11 PM

You guys need to start another one of David K's tire threads instead of hi-jacking this one.

David K - 10-4-2016 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
In an FJ, the 4X4 crawl operation comes into effect at lower speeds (like under 10 MPH), but I don't know if that correlates to a specific RPM...there is no RPM definition in the owner's manual.

4lo is your friend.

Just make sure the A-TRAC button is depressed. L4 without A-TRAC turned on is just two tires spinning... A-TRAC and just light-pedal it... The new Toyotas have CRAWL and MTS... like A-TRAC on cruise control.

redmesa - 10-4-2016 at 04:20 PM

What this has to do with my casa, eludes me but if it bumps me up that fine and dandy. Last call for interested people to chat with me in Nov., Dec, and Jan. I am heading down soon to sweep out the sand and take down the boards.

pauldavidmena - 11-14-2016 at 07:40 PM

As a working stiff NOB, I won't be able to come down to see your home this fall, but it seems absolutely lovely. I'm wishing upon a Supermoon tonight.

shari - 11-14-2016 at 08:29 PM

We had the Supermoon Party at this wonderful place where the moon rises right in front of it...over the ocean!!! The lovely fire pit and benches around it got a good work out...a good Nomad turn out too!

Anyone who buys this amazing property must keep inviting us all over for fiestas by the way!

redmesa - 11-15-2016 at 07:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
As a working stiff NOB, I won't be able to come down to see your home this fall, but it seems absolutely lovely. I'm wishing upon a Supermoon tonight.
Too bad, it is the best deal in Baja.

shari - 11-16-2016 at 11:49 AM

And a great party place specially with a Nomad campfire

Here are some pics of the gathering at the house..Motoged & timo1 solving the worlds problems..

the sunset waiting for the moon to rise ...our Beach House is that 2 story in the right corner

Lots of room for friends to come and camp on half the lot too...you can see the Beach House and spy on the campers at Campo Sirena from up here too....snicker snicker

the view from the 2nd floor bedroom is epic

I call this the cuckoo's nest bedroom....hahaha..love the French doors and that portal!

It isnt a super fancy gringo house but a nice canuck style casa with mature trees, a big man room shop out back, garden beds and great bones!

Leaving town

redmesa - 12-29-2016 at 08:25 AM

I will be leaving Baja in a few weeks so it will be more difficult to view my place and discuss options with me. I can fly down if someone makes a serious offer or i will see everyone next winter. Happy New Times to all.

DENNIS - 12-29-2016 at 08:33 AM

Looks like Baja Party Central is taking shape down there. The beginning of new Baja legends.
SALUD

DENNIS - 12-29-2016 at 08:35 AM

Trumpville south. Nice wall.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/LaBufadoraInn1/FAMILY%...

redmesa - 11-1-2017 at 12:12 PM

I will be back in Bahia Asuncion in January for a couple of months. If anyone is interested in my place, let me know or drop by. I am considering offers because I just do not know how many more years of travel far south I have in me. Cheers!

Interested

rimrock - 11-2-2017 at 07:08 AM

Interested in your lovely home. We are heading down this week to boondock for the winter by Cabo Pulmo. Have been to Asuncion a couple of times. Could you get me some contact info please as we would like to get more details on your place and possibly stop and look on our way down. Thanks
Kevin/hoffy30@hotmail.com

redmesa - 11-6-2017 at 06:47 AM

Check U2U.

pauldavidmena - 1-14-2018 at 08:22 AM

Is this home still for sale? Asking for a friend. ;D

redmesa - 3-11-2018 at 04:59 PM

My house and land have been sold.

pauldavidmena - 3-11-2018 at 06:53 PM

Thank you for the reply! I'm trusting that this is good news for you.