BajaNomad

I Should be in Baja: ZAPPED BY MR. FREEZE

RandyMacSC/SO - 2-2-2005 at 04:45 AM

Hello to all Nomads from RandyMac. I am so envious of you all for being in the Baja while I made the choice to be in the cold north.

Arrived back in Switzerland a short time ago after a trip to New York. Beautiful place, lots of things to do and very beautiful scenery of the special kind. Nice pubs and restaurants. But somehow it's not Baja. There are times I wish I had just jumped in and headed to the Baja, but I'll do that latert this year.

Well, it's not so easy to just get up from the table after a great Swiss meal, some chocolate, and head out the door to leave a cafe to jump into your rental car and drive away this past few weeks. You might have seen this on CNN. Those ice picks do heavy damage to some very fancy expensive cars.

Not so pretty after 100 holes are poked into the cars shell. Whatever happened to common sense? As I like to say, COMMON SENSE IS NO LONGER COMMON. Why not let the ice covered car sit until it thaws out. Ice Picks used on cars. Go figure. Like there isn't going to be any damage? Must be that Alp mountain climbing USE THE PICK FOR EVERYTHING gene coming out in some of the Swiss population.

This is just one of the many cars that got zapped by Mr. Freeze Frame last Friday.

My rig got zapped, but not as bad as this one show here. Solution to problem. Don't park near Lake Geneva when it's below freezing. And if it does freeze, either move your car immediately, and if it stuck and covered in ice go to the pub and wait until it thaws out. :lol:

RandyMac

[Edited on 2-2-2005 by RandyMac]

[Edited on 2-2-2005 by RandyMac]

Mexitron - 2-2-2005 at 10:00 PM

Well, just imagine that all those icicles are actually the spanish moss hanging from the boojum trees in Baja.......hope you have a good trip there Randy.

David K - 2-2-2005 at 10:36 PM

You mean like this, Mexitron?:lol::light::yes:

It was pretty wild to see all those cars...

RandyMacSC/SO - 2-3-2005 at 02:24 AM

covered in ice. In fact it became a real tourist attraction for the region around Lake Geneva and the shop and restaraunt owners were pleased that sales picked up after the first few days of nasty cold weather.

My preference would be to ponder this ice phenomenum while watching bojjum trees in the Baja. It's always best to get a different perspective.

Very very busy, but not to busy to make a daily effort to check in on my favourite group of people with whom I enjoy to communicate with.

All the best,

RandyMac

[Edited on 2-3-2005 by RandyMac]