BajaNomad

Otay sentri passenger drop off

del mar - 8-23-2016 at 11:04 AM

so when my daughter crossed yesterday I had her try to see where a passenger could be dropped off and picked up....she said after crossing you're immediately on the freeway, how does this work at Otay?

soylent_green - 8-23-2016 at 11:45 AM

dropped off heading north (Mexican side): the walking lane is parallel to the Sentri vehicle lane.

picking up walking passengers on the US side: walk up to Roll Road once you crossed ( a couple hundred yards). On the west side of the street there is a little area you can pick up, but the cops dont like people stopping there. The shopping plaza on that side of the street cracks down on cars picking people up.

- It is best if they head north a little - first shopping plaza on the east side of street (7/11, Eriks deli) is ok but a little tight. Best on the east side of the parking lot by Eriks to wait and pick up.
- even better, have passenger walk north to the next shopping plaza where the Little Ceasars Pizza is because parking is real easy there.

Note: all shopping plazas in Otay discourage the waiting for passengers. Buy a pizza or a big gulp and all is good.

[Edited on 8-23-2016 by soylent_green]

del mar - 8-23-2016 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soylent_green  
dropped off heading north (Mexican side): the walking lane is parallel to the Sentri vehicle lane.

picking up walking passengers on the US side: walk up to Roll Road once you crossed ( a couple hundred yards). On the west side of the street there is a little area you can pick up, but the cops dont like people stopping there. The shopping plaza on that side of the street cracks down on cars picking people up.

- It is best if they head north a little - first shopping plaza on the east side of street (7/11, Eriks deli) is ok but a little tight. Best on the east side of the parking lot by Eriks to wait and pick up.
- even better, have passenger walk north to the next shopping plaza where the Little Ceasars Pizza is because parking is real easy there.

Note: all shopping plazas in Otay discourage the waiting for passengers. Buy a pizza or a big gulp and all is good.

[Edited on 8-23-2016 by soylent_green]

gracias! what about the driver, is it the 1st freeway offramp?

soylent_green - 8-23-2016 at 12:24 PM

For the driver
- once they arrive in US heading north- go through Customs twisty obstacle course, the 905 begins. Move immediately to the far right and take the first US exit: Siempre Viva Road
- Turn right (east) on Siempre Viva Road.
- a few hundred yards, the firs street to turn on is Roll Road. Turn right (south). Landmark is the McDonalds on that intersection.
-

bajaguy - 8-23-2016 at 12:58 PM

Meet at Erik's Deli. Park and go in. Good food, cold drinks and clean bathrooms.....also free wi-fi.

BigBearRider - 8-23-2016 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Meet at Erik's Deli. Park and go in. Good food, cold drinks and clean bathrooms.....also free wi-fi.

Erik's got great food. I usually have two lamb gyros, because I am a glutton for mutton.

del mar - 8-23-2016 at 02:46 PM

XLNT! one more.....where in the sentri lane is there a place to pull over to drop a passenger off to join the pedestrians?

bajaguy - 8-23-2016 at 02:50 PM

You can drop them off as soon as the covered pedestrian walkway starts.

del mar - 8-23-2016 at 03:05 PM

okay I lied, one more.....and is it true the dropped off person should or has to tote their own luggage across?

bajaguy - 8-23-2016 at 03:50 PM

Yup - A great way to lose SENTRI is to be carrying someone else's stuff across the border. Have them get a roller bag to haul. My response to the "where are you going" question when we drop off pedestrians is "to the airport"

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

okay I lied, one more.....and is it true the dropped off person should or has to tote their own luggage across?