BajaNomad

Trump to Mexico!!

Pages:  1    3

Floatflyer - 8-30-2016 at 07:52 PM

Just saw that Trump is going to meet with President Enrique Pena Nieto tomorrow! WTF!!!

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by Floatflyer]

David K - 8-30-2016 at 07:58 PM

The future president should, and that way Mexico can get the new policy without CNN's spin added.

elgatoloco - 8-30-2016 at 08:02 PM

:lol::lol:

BigBearRider - 8-30-2016 at 09:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The future president should, and that way Mexico can get the new policy without CNN's spin added.

Are you saying Hillary should meet with Pena Nieto?

MMc - 8-30-2016 at 09:22 PM

:lol::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

imlost - 8-30-2016 at 09:52 PM

I hope Pena Nieto stands his ground about his position on the wall, as he did in this interview with CNN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMhjKfZ57U&feature=yout... No spin here - His words.

And I hope he gives Trump the same opinion of the wall as did Vincente Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4OwJOVi0ec
If you haven't seen this video, it's worth a watch. :yes:

David K - 8-30-2016 at 10:08 PM

So, are you demanding Mexico take down its 'wall' and allow Guatemalans unrestricted crossing into Mexico?

What's wrong with using border crossings and respecting a nation's laws. You get FMMs, right?

imlost - 8-30-2016 at 10:56 PM

So, are you demanding Mexico take down its 'wall' and allow Guatemalans unrestricted crossing into Mexico?

What's wrong with using border crossings and respecting a nation's laws. You get FMMs, right?

If your questions are directed at me then my rhetorical answer to your first question is, "Umm... what does this have to do with this thread?". Seriously, I think the idea of building a huge, impossibly expensive wall is a ridiculous idea, especially when Trump is insisting that another country pay for it. It's Trump's baby - Why the hell should Mexico pay for it? Oh, and one other thing: Doesn't it seem a whole lot more logical to put emphasis on reforming the way that the majority of illegal immigrants (more than 40%) come in to the country - by overstaying their visas? "Build a wall" sounds so simplistic, and to people who don't know better, it may sound great. I'm on the obverse - I have a strong feeling it's just another fantasy idea with no actual realistic basis. The emphasis should be put on bolstering policy, not bolstering a physical barrier.

Try this idea on for size: Help Mexico improve their economy, and it's likely to positively effect the amount of illegal Mexican immigration. If things are good in Mexico, why go to the US? This being said, there needs to be more regulation of illegal immigration that originates outside of Mexico. For example: Indians who enter the US via Mexico.

To answer your second question: There's nothing wrong with using border crossings to help control illegal immigration. But an FFM type form doesn't really do a lot to prevent illegal immigration.

bajabuddha - 8-31-2016 at 03:23 AM

"Michele Bachmann: God picked Trump to be the GOP nominee.

Former Minnesota Rep. and Donald Trump's evangelical adviser Michele Bachmann said that Donald Trump was "raised up" by God to win in the general election."

I don't care who y'are, that's funny rat thar. My sides are hurting. That's better than a Palin-ism. For a good belly laugh:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michele-bachmann-god-...

DENNIS - 8-31-2016 at 07:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

She should crawl around under his desk in Monica's knee pads.

mtgoat666 - 8-31-2016 at 07:12 AM

The king of hate is taking his hateful show to Mexico today. Should be entertaining fodder for the news. I hope Mexicans give him the unwelcome he deserves.

DENNIS - 8-31-2016 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  

Seriously, I think the idea of building a huge, impossibly expensive wall is a ridiculous idea, especially when Trump is insisting that another country pay for it. It's Trump's baby - Why the hell should Mexico pay for it?

What's ridiculous is that some still take this literally. a 2000 mile brick wall? The Chinese didn't even come close to that.
There may be a wall, and if so, I would see it as a reaction to the disrespect shown the US, as well as a sign of the changing times, but that wall, if it materializes, will be wearing boots.

SFandH - 8-31-2016 at 07:41 AM

I hope this blows over as a non-event. I can't see anything good coming out of it. If Nieto tries to increase his lousy ratings using the meeting he'll need to be very hostile towards Trump to appease the disgust felt for Trump by Mexicans.

I also hope Nieto introduces Trump to habanero based appetizers at the start of the meeting. :D

norte - 8-31-2016 at 07:58 AM

The Great Wall of Rump. We have a wall. Maybe this is the jobs program the David is waiting for.

It will be a beautiful wall!

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by norte]

gsbotanico - 8-31-2016 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I, personally, can't wait to see what occurs... this is too funny.
I have yet to meet a Mexican who doesn't think that Trump is a bigoted payaso to the nth degree.

Of course, their feelings towards Piña Nieto are not so loving, either.

I hope Piña Nieto was a slip. I am reminded of the ex-president of Panama, Manuel Noriega, who was callled La Piña because of his facial acne scaring. He was involved in drug smuggling and spent time in US jails. The correct name for everyone is Peña Nieto.

David K - 8-31-2016 at 08:16 AM

"The David"... I don't care who you are, that's funny!

We already have a wall, it just isn't completed... Have any of you been to Tijuana and not seen the border wall?

The current fence obviously doesn't work at making people use the legal border crossing...

I took these photos while waiting in line at Mexicali last year:

Any questions?

SFandH - 8-31-2016 at 09:00 AM

Thanks for proving walls don't work.

norte - 8-31-2016 at 09:04 AM

The David needs to send his wall concerns to the Rump.

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 09:19 AM

Electricity and Razor wire would make the current wall/fence much more effective, and wouldn't cost very much..DK? would you show us a picture of Mexico's wall between them and Guatemala? Or is that just more of your BS?

Sandlefoot - 8-31-2016 at 09:38 AM

At least this way, when Trump meets world leaders, in this case Mexico's, the spin that the media has been putting on Trump (by both sides) will not be an issue. Most men, when giving the option of communicating, can come to a conclusion. Even if they disagree with each other, they at least know where the other stands, without the media spin. We, the people, are usually following and repeating the media spin that fits our political position. When talking "face to face", there is no spin!!!!

Happy Trails

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 10:04 AM

Right on!

Lee - 8-31-2016 at 10:28 AM

DENNIS - 8-31-2016 at 10:50 AM

OK....no wall. Hows about a moat, for irrigation purposes of course, with gators and piranha swimming around the mines.

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 11:26 AM

Dennis, maybe you and I should try to get the food truck concession from Pena' for the Mexican side? Then we could sub it out to Drump, and drink Pacifico and make money? Makes about as much sense as most of the other chit posted here....Or in the US election campaign...

SFandH - 8-31-2016 at 01:38 PM

Just listened to his speech in Mexico. He read it very slowly and without emotion. Short "bulleted" (1,2,3,4) type speech. Wonder who wrote it.

The US and Mex are now best buds and we're going to work together to Make the Hemisphere Great Again.

It will be interesting to hear what the far right-wingers have to say. But, he knows they ain't going anywhere, he's got those folks locked up.

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 01:50 PM

Calderon did not have kind wordds for him afterwards.

Barry A. - 8-31-2016 at 02:07 PM

Personally, I am not too concerned about what people that have failed to solve many problems in the past have to say about Donald Trump.

I thought it was a good meeting, and good comments after, especially by Trump.

SFandH - 8-31-2016 at 02:12 PM

Which comment did you like the best?

Barry A. - 8-31-2016 at 02:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Well, more his demeanor than the actual "comments". He IS becoming more of a politician/Statesman (sadly) since practically EVERYBODY has jumped all over him for his off-the-cuff statements, and the incredible miss-interpretation of his actual meanings despite what he actually says. That's probably due to Kelly Ann joining the 'trump-train', and she is a pro.

In a nutshell, I liked what I heard, considering the circumstances. The thing that I like the best about Trump is that he takes a pragmatic approach to problems, and history tells us that he will get things done and solve problems which is more than most politicians accomplish.

woody with a view - 8-31-2016 at 02:56 PM

Just listened to his speech in Mexico. He read it very slowly and without emotion. Short "bulleted" (1,2,3,4) type speech. Wonder who wrote it?

You must think Obama writes his own speeches, right?

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by woody with a view]

JC43 - 8-31-2016 at 02:58 PM

What is the choice? Trump or Clinton - what is worse?
I see it this way: If an Orangutan could manage to have fund raisers ........ the next president would be an Orangutan ...... it can`t get no worse :lol:

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 03:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Well, more his demeanor than the actual "comments". He IS becoming more of a politician/Statesman (sadly) since practically EVERYBODY has jumped all over him for his off-the-cuff statements, and the incredible miss-interpretation of his actual meanings despite what he actually says. That's probably due to Kelly Ann joining the 'trump-train', and she is a pro.

In a nutshell, I liked what I heard, considering the circumstances. The thing that I like the best about Trump is that he takes a pragmatic approach to problems, and history tells us that he will get things done and solve problems which is more than most politicians accomplish.

How many times had he had bankrupt projects? History tells us he could ruin the country.

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 03:07 PM

JC43? Are you a registered US Voter? If not STFU...

Barry A. - 8-31-2016 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

How many times had he had bankrupt projects? History tells us he could ruin the country.

Trump has had lots of projects over the years (that's how one gets rich)-------not all have been successful, most have---------the way I understand it he has not had any "personal" bankruptcies. Generally, one has to take risks in order to accomplish big things--------Go Trump!! I do NOT like the 'status quo'!!!

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 03:21 PM

HEY! If you only did the "safe" stuff, you might as well work at Walmart..

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 03:28 PM

Trump has had lots of projects over the years (that's how one gets rich)-------not all have been successful, most have---------the way I understand it he has not had any "personal" bankruptcies. Generally, one has to take risks in order to accomplish big things--------Go Trump!! I do NOT like the 'status quo'!!!

You can not afford to bankrupt (or fail) a country....even once.. I don't think he understands that.... http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/...

Risking a country is different than risking a personal business.

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 03:50 PM

That's very profound...Look at our deficit and then say that..

Bob53 - 8-31-2016 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
What's ridiculous is that some still take this literally. a 2000 mile brick wall? The Chinese didn't even come close to that.

Oh really? Total miles of the Great wall of China = 13170 miles.

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
That's very profound...Look at our deficit and then say that..

Chuckie....we have not filed bankruptcy yet. In fact the government credit rating was downgraded from outstanding to Excellent in 2011. Still considered not a problem. Now if we spend Billions more we do not have on more wars we do not need...that could change.

motoged - 8-31-2016 at 04:31 PM

Chuckie,
Thanks for the warning to not comment on your political chit heap....a tough temptation to resist....

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 04:49 PM

Ches! It chure is...I am off to Canada in a few days,, promise to keep my mouth shut...except when the single malt comes out...(oot)

motoged - 8-31-2016 at 05:01 PM

Chuckie,
Enough of that "oot and aboot" language myth ....

And don't judge a country by its poutine....as long as you folks eat Hush Puppies

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 05:12 PM

Its not a myth, eh? My cuzzin (Two PHD's) told me to practice my Canadian before I come up...I shot one a them poutines once...Couldn't figger oot how to clean it..:D

JC43 - 8-31-2016 at 05:29 PM

Oh my little chuckie, did you finish elementary?
What your cousins are (that`s how to spell it!) does not benefit you. And if only Single Malt fits into your throat....... No wonder that the part above your eyes is so muddy!:fire:

DianaT - 8-31-2016 at 05:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Chuckie,
Enough of that "oot and aboot" language myth ....

And don't judge a country by its poutine....as long as you folks eat Hush Puppies

Oh, that poutine---did try it once and that was enough and besides, I couldn't get ice tea without sugar! Now, about those hush puppies--- what is is about grease you don't like? :D

Trump had a difficult time reading the big words ---- Now, the real question is, who is not being truthful? Did the subject of the wall come up or not?

DENNIS - 8-31-2016 at 06:41 PM

Huge slam for Trump on the podium with Peña Nieto. Only one national flag, Mexico, standing behind Peña. Nothing behind his guest twenty feet away.
That was an unconscionable insult.

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 06:45 PM

I noticed that as well..

chuckie - 8-31-2016 at 06:51 PM

Cuzzin is the way we spelled it at Hahvud!

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 07:17 PM

Huge slam for Trump on the podium with Peña Nieto. Only one national flag, Mexico, standing behind Peña. Nothing behind his guest twenty feet away.

Trump does not represent the USA government. Not there on official business. DO you get a flag when you go into Sharkies?

DENNIS - 8-31-2016 at 07:36 PM

I bring my own flag.
Anyway...he was a guest. The absence of the flag was a statement.
I hope those responsible are listening to his Arizona speech right now.

mtgoat666 - 8-31-2016 at 07:38 PM

Trump doesn't represent the USA. Never will. Glad the Mexicans picked up on that.

Trumps trip to Mexico was a silly event, just an advertising stunt to get eyeballs on his speech later that night. The clown knows how to advertise.

Hate and fear sell. Always easy to rile up a crowd by blaming foreigners for your own problems.

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 07:46 PM

I bring my own flag.
Anyway...he was a guest. The absence of the flag was a statement.
I hope those responsible are listening to his Arizona speech right now.

Thje flag is reserved for official dignitaries on government business. Not every "guest" gets a flag.

Anyway....Those responsible for what?

The President does not do what Trump is promising...Congress passes laws and allocates money. This is just a rile em up speech...get the emotion going.

Sweetwater - 8-31-2016 at 07:49 PM

How long did it take for Nieto to call Trump a liar?
Future POTUS my a$$.

rts551 - 8-31-2016 at 07:52 PM

Corey Lewendowski, you remember him, just stated that the speech was geared towards white males, the core of support for Trump. If he wants to win, he needs to expand beyond that.
Anyway...That wan Lewendowski's take on it.

Sweetwater - 8-31-2016 at 09:08 PM

The wall, who let the Trump out.

The Power of Trump

MrBillM - 8-31-2016 at 10:29 PM

He's worked a (near ?) Miracle for me personally.

For the FIRST time in 50 years, I'm contributing to, and voting for, a Democrat.

Whom I Dislike and Disagree with on most policy issues.

"SHE is the BETTER Choice than HE"

"Hillary is the antidote for the D.T.'s"

"Vote for the CROOKED and NOT the CRAZED"

bajagrouper - 9-1-2016 at 01:38 AM

How can donald build a wall when he could not build trump towers Baja?

motoged - 9-1-2016 at 03:47 AM

My gawd....truly a miracle....:light:

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
He's worked a (near ?) Miracle for me personally.

For the FIRST time in 50 years, I'm contributing to, and voting for, a Democrat.

Whom I Dislike and Disagree with on most policy issues.

"SHE is the BETTER Choice than HE"

"Hillary is the antidote for the D.T.'s"

"Vote for the CROOKED and NOT the CRAZED"

JC43 - 9-1-2016 at 08:53 AM

What is the difference being the President of the United States between Clinton / Trump / or an Orangutan???
----------------------------------------------------------------
Solution see next issue !:?::?::?:

bajabuddha - 9-1-2016 at 09:25 AM

Not to Herr Drumph. Any advertising is good advertising, especially when it's FREE. You see his shining orange face 4 to 1 on every publication syndicate due to his "what's he gonna say next?" agenda, and that is almost as golden as his spray-on tan. He could care less about the flag; it's just a prop to him.

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 09:25 AM

Try spell check, dummy...

DENNIS - 9-1-2016 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
What is the difference being the President of the United States between Clinton / Trump / or an Orangutan???
----------------------------------------------------------------
Solution see next issue !:?::?::?:

Ohhh boy......a bit of racism with my black coffee. :lol:

Barry A. - 9-1-2016 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

---- Now, the real question is, who is not being truthful? Did the subject of the wall come up or not?

Here we go again! Trump said there was no "discussion" of the wall, not that it did not come up. The Mexican President made a statement-------that is not discussion. Trump did not respond to that 'statement'. No discussion!! That's the "truth", and there is NO "question". The Media and the Left in general are being deceitful on this.

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 10:29 AM

"I did not have sixx with that woman"

mtgoat666 - 9-1-2016 at 12:54 PM

---- Now, the real question is, who is not being truthful? Did the subject of the wall come up or not?

Here we go again! Trump said there was no "discussion" of the wall, not that it did not come up. The Mexican President made a statement-------that is not discussion. Trump did not respond to that 'statement'. No discussion!! That's the "truth", and there is NO "question". The Media and the Left in general are being deceitful on this.

Trump lies so much and so often that it doesnt matter to his supporters. His supporters just explain it as the art of negotiation. For example, He would be a master at lieing about WMDs to justify invading Iraq, he would simply say "its the art of the deal" as he happily and boastfully sends our youth overseas to die.

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 01:25 PM

Here we go again. Trump said? He says a lot of thing that have not been true. Mexico is going to pay for the wall.! Is that true? Just because someone says something does not make it true... Maybe you should just say you believe him...whether it is true or not.

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 01:27 PM

If you think Trump is lying, what do you call it when Hillary speaks? The FBI even proved she lied about tampering with national security matters.

I thought we were talking about Rump. and yes I think Trump will say what he thinks the crowd to hear. He played the crowd in Airzonie rather well. Now back to who is going to pay for that beautiful wall.

DianaT - 9-1-2016 at 01:33 PM

You are splitting hairs, but it doesn't matter because Trump will never be President. Watching him in Mexico was rather amusing as he stumbled over be able to read his note cards --- the big words were too much for him.

And his speech in Arizona cost him dearly.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-1472752828-htmlstory.html

And with that, I leave this thread.

DENNIS - 9-1-2016 at 01:48 PM

If a president of the US wants Mexico to pay for something, anything, the payment will come from remittances in the form of a tax.
How absurd to think this man, as much as he terrifies me, would bang his shoe on the lectern if he didn't have this strategy in mind.

bajabuddha - 9-1-2016 at 02:15 PM

If you think Trump is lying, what do you call it when Hillary speaks? The FBI even proved she lied about tampering with national security matters.

...and the parrot speaks :
"AWK !! I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I ? AWWRRK!"

SFandH - 9-1-2016 at 02:15 PM

If a president of the US wants Mexico to pay for something, anything, the payment will come from remittances in the form of a tax.

The president doesn't have the power to levy taxes, fees, etc. That's all in the legislative branch.

del mar - 9-1-2016 at 02:31 PM

:lol: its like a nomad early christmas!

bajabuddha - 9-1-2016 at 02:34 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/half-of-trumps-hispan...

This is how well his AZ speech went over with his 'token Messicans'....

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 02:38 PM

The president doesn't have the power to levy taxes, fees, etc. That's all in the legislative branch.

There are some on this forum that do not understand that money comes from appropriation/authorizations (Congress). Not the President. That is why I smile when the president gets blamed for deficit spending.

Back to the Future ?

MrBillM - 9-1-2016 at 02:41 PM

Deja Vu 1932.

SFandH - 9-1-2016 at 02:45 PM

Is there any way that money could be raised for the wall without Congress agreeing to it? Americans won't agree to pay for it.

"More than six in 10 — 61 percent — of the thousands of adults surveyed, said they oppose the construction of a wall along the entire border with Mexico, as Trump has proposed throughout his campaign."

I wonder what the number would be if Americans had to pay for it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-2...

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 02:48 PM

RTs, I have noticed that many nomads flunked Civics 1...Everything is the Presidents fault...He is A Democrat, the House and Senate are controlled by Republicans...Wassup with that?

SFandH - 9-1-2016 at 02:56 PM

Deja Vu 1932.

Possibly

bajabuddha - 9-1-2016 at 03:00 PM

Deja Vu 1932.

Possibly

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pledges-to-prom...

Chust like ze Hitler Youth, Ja? We recited THE PLEDGE (by rote) in the McCarthy era. My neighbor built a concrete bomb shelter in his back yard........ in Salt Lake City.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by bajabuddha]

JoeJustJoe - 9-1-2016 at 03:10 PM

You show funny logic Barry.

The way I understand it, and as it's been reported in the papers is Trump said,' We did discuss the wall, didn't discuss payment."

But Mexican President Peña Nieto," later claimed the two had discussed the wall and who would pay for it -- and he had "made it clear" to Trump it wouldn't be Mexico."

So obviously one of them is lying.

Based on Trump's past lies, I think he is the one lying, and I believe Trump wimped out, because when Trump later gave his speech in Arizona, he was bragging about the wall and how Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

What I wonder is why Trump didn't put up one of his fat fingers on one of his small hands in The Mexican President's face, and tell him directly that Mexico is going to pay for the wall? What Trump did wasn't very brave at all.

The same on the Mexican President's side, We know Nieto has to be diplomatic in that kind of setting, but still considering Trump's in your face style, the Mexican President, could have mentioned to the reporters after the mano a mano meeting when both spoke to the press. Instead Nieto called BS on Trump on social media later in the day.

Barry, it's nice to hear a conservative actually show support for Donald Trump, because from the right, you see a lot of Hillary Clinton bashing, but you see almost no support for Trump, yet Trump is only about 5 to 7 points behind Hillary. I guess Trump support comes from the closets.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by JoeJustJoe]

SFandH - 9-1-2016 at 03:24 PM

Supporting Trump on a message board centered upon traveling and living in Mexico is a weird thing to do. Hence the closeted supporters.

His insults have destroyed much goodwill between the two countries. I bet many Mexicans are very disappointed by the amount of support he's getting.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by SFandH]

Barry A. - 9-1-2016 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

You show funny logic Barry.

The way I understand it, and as it's been reported in the papers is Trump said,' We did discuss the wall, didn't discuss payment."

But Mexican President Peña Nieto," later claimed the two had discussed the wall and who would pay for it -- and he had "made it clear" to Trump it wouldn't be Mexico."

So obviously one of them is lying.

Based on Trump's past lies, I think he is the one lying, and I believe Trump wimped out, because when Trump later gave his speech in Arizona, he was bragging about the wall and how Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

What I wonder is why Trump didn't put up one of his fat fingers on one of his small hands in The Mexican President's face, and tell him directly that Mexico is going to pay for the wall? What Trump did wasn't very brave at all.

The same on the Mexican President's side, We know Nieto has to be diplomatic in that kind of setting, but still considering Trump's in your face style, the Mexican President, could have mentioned to the reporters after the mano a mano meeting when both spoke to the press. Instead Nieto called BS on Trump on social media later in the day.

Barry, it's nice to hear a conservative actually show support for Donald Trump, because from the right, you see a lot of Hillary Clinton bashing, but you see almost no support for Trump, yet Trump is only about 5 to 7 points behind Hillary. I guess Trump support comes from the closets.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by JoeJustJoe]

Semantics, JoJo, just semantics!! LOL It's all in the interpretation. The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages. THAT is so refreshing, to me.

DENNIS - 9-1-2016 at 03:31 PM

Supporting Trump on a message board centered upon traveling and living in Mexico is a weird thing to do. Hence the closeted supporters.

His insults have destroyed much goodwill between the two countries. I bet many Mexicans are very disappointed by the amount of support he's getting.

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 03:45 PM

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?

I agree, when is Mexico going to send all the undocumented Gringos home?

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 03:47 PM

Is there any way that money could be raised for the wall without Congress agreeing to it? Americans won't agree to pay for it.

"More than six in 10 — 61 percent — of the thousands of adults surveyed, said they oppose the construction of a wall along the entire border with Mexico, as Trump has proposed throughout his campaign."

I wonder what the number would be if Americans had to pay for it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-2...

The government or its representative can not enter into a contract without adequate money or authority. It is against the law.

DianaT - 9-1-2016 at 03:51 PM

Well, while wanting to travel and enjoy Baja, there are many around here who obviously do not care much for Mexicans. And they definitely are not concerned with what is best for the local populations, unless it is what they think is best for Baja. One poster actually said that once he stopped to help a Mexican. Imagine that.

And there are ones who live and have businesses in Baja who really don't like the Mexicans unless they are cleaning their houses or waiting on them. Some are well known by the local community as people who really don't like Mexicans.

Lots of good people around here who are not like that, but ...............

What I don't understand is with his low ratings, why President Peña Nieto would invite Trump to visit. Unless he lives in a bubble, he has to know how much Trump is hated in Mexico and for good reason.

wessongroup - 9-1-2016 at 03:54 PM

Legal Immigration vs Illegal Immigration ... something other Nations are dealing with too

Not to sure how Mexico would view 50 million + American's or from what ever Nation, coming to live in Mexico ... Illegally

Strange the "term" racist wasn't associated with any reports on this visit, I've seen ... nor from the President of Mexico ..

Gee what a shocker :biggrin::biggrin:

JC43 - 9-1-2016 at 05:30 PM

Not only in Mexico! All over Europe, most nations are not willing to invite him. The cooperation between Europe and the US - if Blondie will be elected - is declining for sure. Japans half official voices saying the same. So who is cooperating with the US with a President Trump???
Oh yes, I forgot: Trump wants a better cooperation with Russia.
That makes sense: The two big nations in a mingle. And to complete the triumvirate: Venezuela!
But China then is an obstacle.

rts551 - 9-1-2016 at 05:38 PM

Trump ripping off the vary same people some on this forum say Trump is supporting. Watch out for who you hook your wagon to.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/27/breaking-trump-loses-...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/0...

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by rts551]

TMW - 9-1-2016 at 05:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

Not only in Mexico! All over Europe, most nations are not willing to invite him. The cooperation between Europe and the US - if Blondie will be elected - is declining for sure. Japans half official voices saying the same. So who is cooperating with the US with a President Trump???
Oh yes, I forgot: Trump wants a better cooperation with Russia.
That makes sense: The two big nations in a mingle. And to complete the triumvirate: Venezuela!
But China then is an obstacle.

You can't be serious. Do you really think the rest of the world will not deal with Trump as President of the United States? Do you really think countries where we have military bases want them closed? Do you really think the rest of the world is willing to shut down trade with us. What about the countries we give aid to. Where would countries turn to when a disaster hits and the U.S. did not come to their aid by orders of Trump.

They may not like dealing with Trump but they will.

freediverbrian - 9-1-2016 at 05:47 PM

A billon dollar wall? Everyone on this board knows the infrastructure problems of Baja. Little Heath care , poor roads, education , water, power,. Mexico can not and will not pay for a wall that will not work.

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 05:55 PM

I sure as hell don't want to pay for it, or have my kids pay for it..

Lee - 9-1-2016 at 06:04 PM

Wonder if there will be a backlash from MX if trump is elected?

woody with a view - 9-1-2016 at 06:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
A billon dollar wall? Everyone on this board knows the infrastructure problems of Baja. Little Heath care , poor roads, education , water, power,. Mexico can not and will not pay for a wall that will not work.

If it won't work, why would anyone pay for it? Remittances, $50 billion yearly trade imbalance? Seems like 20 billion pesos would be a drop in the bucket.

edit: ?

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by woody with a view]

DENNIS - 9-1-2016 at 06:46 PM

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?[/rquote]

I agree, when is Mexico going to send all the undocumented Gringos home?

Don't ever come near my foxhole, Ralph.

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 06:48 PM

Lee, I was thinking the same thing..I bet there will be some blowback..

DENNIS - 9-1-2016 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Wonder if there will be a backlash from MX if trump is elected?

I would imagine Inmigracion could become more active, and simple minded knee-jerk racists would see it as a green light to lash out, but anti-US sentiment is already well in place....always has been. Only the self-righteous blind would be unaware of it.

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by DENNIS]

mtgoat666 - 9-1-2016 at 07:15 PM

Trump is a buffoon. I laugh every day when I see that ridiculous hair and hear the ridiculous things he says.
But I feel great sadness for the GOP falling for him, and it has made me realize that at the the majority of GOP voters truly are idiots or bigots.

Ateo - 9-1-2016 at 07:20 PM

TRUMP WON'T WIN.

Changing demographics and statistics basically prove this, as long as Hillary doesn't melt down.

If anyone wants to put a wager of $100 that I'm wrong, I will gladly take that wager.

First 2 who accept my wager get my internet hand shake.

chuckie - 9-1-2016 at 07:21 PM

Cant we be both? Seems a bit narrow minded to limit our sins..
 Pages:  1    3