Pocho tourist graffiti.

BigBearRider - 9-1-2016 at 07:26 PM

That's very funny!

BigBearRider - 9-1-2016 at 07:28 PM

That's very funny!

Ateo - 9-1-2016 at 07:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Pooch tourist graffiti.

Posible. Or maybe a "true" Mexican. Or maybe gringo surfers. Or maybe Vicente Fox takes to spray painting in his free time.

mtgoat666 - 9-1-2016 at 07:38 PM

Happy for the love between cujo and barby

Love trumps hate

willardguy - 9-1-2016 at 08:03 PM

I think the red swan in the cowboy hat is pretty good!:coolup:

motoged - 9-1-2016 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Looks like a flamingo to me...

Love the slogan :biggrin:

willardguy - 9-1-2016 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Looks like a flamingo to me...

Love the slogan :biggrin:

what did you think I said, red swan? :lol:

El Jefe - 9-2-2016 at 09:01 AM

I'd wear the hat.

fishbuck - 9-2-2016 at 01:25 PM

"Hey this is america, speak spanish!"

bajabuddha - 9-2-2016 at 01:46 PM

"A Taco Stand On Every Corner"......... just needs a roof and a few Tecate tables.

Bajahowodd - 9-2-2016 at 03:59 PM

Trump is a bonifide psychopath.

stiladam - 9-2-2016 at 04:03 PM

Hawesome :D

motoged - 9-2-2016 at 05:01 PM

David,
Do you really respect Trump's business practices and ethics?

Ateo - 9-2-2016 at 05:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Trump is a bonfire psychopath.

And a narcissist?

motoged - 9-2-2016 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
David,

Do you respect Clinton's lies and any people who counter her end up dead?

David,
I respect her service track record....I don't know what lies you are specifically referring to...or are you just regurgitating your hero's accusations?

As for your comment about "any people who counter her end up dead"....what evidence do you have backing up that allegation?

Take a few minutes to hear a successful businessman who has successfully employed far more than Trump and who knows Trump rather well.....and he is not a Dem hack....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DOYVEkQjA

mtgoat666 - 9-2-2016 at 05:43 PM

David,

Whacko conspiracy theories live on only when gullible idiots like you believe them.

alacran - 9-2-2016 at 06:50 PM

After hearing for long, long time hildabeast lies, I can not *yes* believe that the gringos are that stupid.

Bajahowodd - 9-3-2016 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
David,

Whacko conspiracy theories live on only when gullible idiots like you believe them.

I am saddened that right wing media has managed to create such a divide in the US. They are almost 100%BS, but people like the scumbag Roger Ailes managed to make huge amounts of money creating havoc in our society.

chuckie - 9-3-2016 at 05:34 PM

I thought this thread was about signs...And dumchit DK turns it into politics as usual..What a jerk...

alacran - 9-3-2016 at 06:25 PM

Some idiots still do not know the right from the left.

shari - 9-3-2016 at 06:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  

that right there is the funniest comment yet! Shows a true understanding of Mexican culture and language...jejejeje

rts551 - 9-3-2016 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  

that right there is the funniest comment yet! Shows a true understanding of Mexican culture and language...jejejeje

Or Awasumee.

KaceyJ - 9-3-2016 at 07:55 PM

I'm starting to think there are more posters on the dole here , or related to some that are working it, and would never admit to it

:cool:

It will eventually go broke or collapse and then you'll have your Dtroit and Smalllia everywhere

And WTF are canadians doing commenting on our politics ?

GFY's

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by KaceyJ]

DENNIS - 9-3-2016 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I thought this thread was about signs...And dumchit DK turns it into politics as usual..What a jerk...

Now Now...... politics is/are in the air these daze.

LancairDriver - 9-3-2016 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
I'm starting to think there are are more posters on the dole here , or related to some that are working it, and would never admit to it

:cool:

It will eventually go broke or collapse and then you'll have your Dtroit and Smalllia everywhere

GFY's

They are called "Taxdollar Parasites". They live off the dwindling supply of wealth producers, soon to be extinct. :lol:

Barry A. - 9-3-2016 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
David,

I am saddened that right wing media has managed to create such a divide in the US. They are almost 100%BS, but people like the scumbag Roger Ailes managed to make huge amounts of money creating havoc in our society.

News Flash---------Millions of Conservatives have felt this way for decades. Finally, there is a major News Network that is giving honest voice to these beliefs and convictions, and it's called Fox News and Fox Business!! and has more viewers than any other Cable News program, I understand.

Lee - 9-4-2016 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

News Flash---------Millions of Conservatives have felt this way for decades. Finally, there is a major News Network that is giving honest voice to these beliefs and convictions, and it's called Fox News and Fox Business!! and has more viewers than any other Cable News program, I understand.

That's about it for you isn't it Barry? Fox News is your source of information?

Problem is you come across, like David, believing most of what you read -- and see on television. Here's a novel idea: try to read between the lines?

You two are truly the chicken coopers on this forum. Better run, the sky is about to fall on you.

David K - 9-4-2016 at 10:29 AM

America was ATTACKED just months after Bush took office (remember that?).

motoged - 9-4-2016 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  

GFY's

[Edited on 9-4-2016 by KaceyJ]

Oh, just paying attention to what our neighbours are thinking/doing...because, as you likely know, when your neighbour is burning garbage, the smell drifts around the neighbourhood.

And thanks for the encouragement for doing something that requires some flexibility :biggrin:

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 10:56 AM

Rather rude chap, eh? Regular Yoga sessions will help with his suggestion..:o

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Problem is you come across, like David, believing most of what you read -- and see on television. Here's a novel idea: try to read between the lines?

You two are truly the chicken coopers on this forum. Better run, the sky is about to fall on you.

Lee---------You are ignoring what I wrote and substituting what you THINK I meant. FoxNews is giving voice to what I have believed for many years, and I watch all the Cable News shows for current info---CNN, FNC, FNB, MSNBC, CNBC. I read the Wall St. Journal and have a subscription to it. I do not think the "sky is falling" and have never said I did. I DO think we are heading in the wrong direction in this Country and it IS alarming to me.

All this bickering around the edges of the real issues is getting us nowhere. The truth is that I believe in all the issues that Trump is talking about, and think that to date he is really the only one that is really addressing them in a meaningful way, and is willing to take them on and try to solve them. On the other hand, I think that Hillary is just more of the same as Pres. Obama, and I don't agree with much (any?) of what that agenda is. I don't see that I have any choice since there are now only 2 viable candidates-------it's a no-brainer for me. I further firmly believe that the "rule of law" and the Constitution is sacred, and the glue that holds this Nation together. The National Debt. has increased dramatically under Administrations of both parties, the difference being that GWB and Roosevelt/Truman ran it up believing that they were defending this Nation, and Pres. Obama has run it up by giving away tons of money which corrupts individuals and Corporations and enables them to just get by, repeat their mistakes, and depend on the Government (taxpayers) to bail them out if it goes wrong, and doing more harm than good because of it.

THAT's what all this political chatter is really all about---------different priorities and values. The rest are just smoke-screens to confuse & detract from the main issues (values and priorities), I believe.

SFandH - 9-4-2016 at 11:07 AM

The truth is that I believe in all the issues that Trump is talking about....

You want the wall built with Mexican financing and 11 million people deported?

motoged - 9-4-2016 at 11:20 AM

Rather rude chap, eh? Regular Yoga sessions will help with his suggestion..:o

Chuckie,
I am starting to work on the "Get my cabeza out of my burro" asana....but it's tough going.....eh!

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I "want the wall built" and i don't care WHO pays for it-----------The border can't remain the way it is now as it is a disaster IMO!!

As Trump has REPEATEDLY said, the 11 million(?) illegals who's only crime is being here illegally is another matter, but SOMETHING has to be done about them----THEIR HERE ILLEGALLY and cheating those that came legally!!!! Just what that is will hopefully be decided AFTER the porous border is corrected as best able (a wall)------and I don't pretend to have the answer to that, but no US citizenship for them---that's a job for out elected reps to solve, and NOW----that's why we send them to Congress, to solve problems!!! But building the wall will surely help THAT part of the continuing problem, and bring it to a trickle. Walls work in Israel!!

Lee - 9-4-2016 at 01:08 PM

Lee---------You are ignoring what I wrote and substituting what you THINK I meant. FoxNews is giving voice to what I have believed for many years, and I watch all the Cable News shows for current info---CNN, FNC, FNB, MSNBC, CNBC. I read the Wall St. Journal and have a subscription to it. I do not think the "sky is falling" and have never said I did. I DO think we are heading in the wrong direction in this Country and it IS alarming to me.

All this bickering around the edges of the real issues is getting us nowhere. The truth is that I believe in all the issues that Trump is talking about, and think that to date he is really the only one that is really addressing them in a meaningful way, and is willing to take them on and try to solve them. On the other hand, I think that Hillary is just more of the same as Pres. Obama, and I don't agree with much (any?) of what that agenda is. I don't see that I have any choice since there are now only 2 viable candidates-------it's a no-brainer for me. I further firmly believe that the "rule of law" and the Constitution is sacred, and the glue that holds this Nation together. The National Debt. has increased dramatically under Administrations of both parties, the difference being that GWB and Roosevelt/Truman ran it up believing that they were defending this Nation, and Pres. Obama has run it up by giving away tons of money which corrupts individuals and Corporations and enables them to just get by, repeat their mistakes, and depend on the Government (taxpayers) to bail them out if it goes wrong, and doing more harm than good because of it.

THAT's what all this political chatter is really all about---------different priorities and values. The rest are just smoke-screens to confuse & detract from the main issues (values and priorities), I believe.

You are, if nothing else, eloquent, Barry. And informed.

I don't disagree with anything you've written. We're on the same page except for how to implement changes.

I'm not voting for either party. You have a choice as well.

rts551 - 9-4-2016 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I "want the wall built" and i don't care WHO pays for it-----------The border can't remain the way it is now as it is a disaster IMO!!

As Trump has REPEATEDLY said, the 11 million(?) illegals who's only crime is being here illegally is another matter, but SOMETHING has to be done about them----THEIR HERE ILLEGALLY and cheating those that came legally!!!! Just what that is will hopefully be decided AFTER the porous border is corrected as best able (a wall)------and I don't pretend to have the answer to that, but no US citizenship for them---that's a job for out elected reps to solve, and NOW----that's why we send them to Congress, to solve problems!!! But building the wall will surely help THAT part of the continuing problem, and bring it to a trickle. Walls work in Israel!!

Barry, help me out here. What is such a beautiful Trump wall going to do that our current wall isn't doing?

chuckie - 9-4-2016 at 01:41 PM

Nothing and it will never be built.....

JoeJustJoe - 9-4-2016 at 01:53 PM

Barry you do know that most Mexican undocumented immigrants don't sneak past the border because a wall is lacking? Most enter the US legally and over stay their visa.

Trump, is not going to deport 11 million undocumented immigrants, and he is only playing to part of base which include, white nationalists, nativists, tea-party members who wear funny hats, and uneducated white males, who actually believe the con-artist Trump.

You could always offer many of the 11 million undocumented immigrants, a pathway to citizenship like Ronald Reagan, did in the 80's, starting with the children with polices like the "dream act."

If Trump isn't more careful with his divisive, offensive and bigoted rhetoric, he is going to turn the USA into another blue state like California, because of Peter Wilson, and his push for Proposition 187, which tried to deny undocumented immigrants basic social services, which later was found to be unconstitutional by the courts.

Pushing prop 187 at first helped Pete Wilson, but he ended up damaging the GOP brand/party, and since then California has become a blue state that usually controls the Governors office, and both houses, except for the time when the moderate Schwarzenegger was in office.

It's political suicide to insult the fastest growing minority group, and I'm talking about the Latinos, especially the ones with Mexican roots.

How about that Trump support among African-Americans where I see it's about 1% to 2%.

norte - 9-4-2016 at 01:58 PM

You gatta remember There are a lot of folks who just plain don't like Mexicans and want ot see them all sent south. They feel like the hispanics are taking over.

Bajahowodd - 9-4-2016 at 03:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
You gatta remember There are a lot of folks who just plain don't like Mexicans and want ot see them all sent south. They feel like the hispanics are taking over.

In reality, I have NEVER met a Mexican I did not like.

Barry A. - 9-4-2016 at 03:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

In reality, I have NEVER met a Mexican I did not like.

"Feeling like the Mexican's will take over" is very different than "not liking Mexican's". I like Mexican's, but I don't like them protesting in the streets of the USA displaying Mexico flags, deriding the USA, and coming into the Country illegally and abusing our laws thus cheating all those that are attempting to come here legally, now and before. It is really tough for me to like gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, proven crooks, etc. regardless of where they come from, or what they look like. In that sense I am a "bigot" by definition, and that does not bother me one iota!!!

DENNIS - 9-4-2016 at 07:36 PM

Doesn't make you a "bigot" by any real definition, Barry. Keep up the good fight.

DENNIS - 9-4-2016 at 07:44 PM

What and how is it, that those who claim to despise Fox News, claiming to never watch it for it's poisonous content, continue to refer to the source as a font of knowledge for those with whom they disagree? How would they know?

rts551 - 9-5-2016 at 06:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Never done this before...religion yes, politics no, maybe, ok here goes.
I look at the huge sums of money invested in Mexico by our nation in the (disguise, interest?) attempt to control drugs, immigration, economy, etc. and note that little difference has been the sum gain...corruption, graft, disgusting abuse seems to have raised the privileged and done little for a beautiful country to our south.

The 'wall' that exists physically now, seems to be a small percentage of the overall monies sent south over a very long time. Could it be that a certain percentage of the monies still being sent south by our nation be diverted to 'put in concrete' perhaps one of the only solutions our nation has control over?

Yes it may not be the best solution, it may not be palatable with our open arms policy we think we have, but nothing except lining the pockets of the elite in Mexico seems to have made a difference yet. And when look to the preformed, one cast footing and slab tilted up in ditches along the Palestinian frontier with Israel...It sure seems to have slowed the carnage perpetrated from a threat on one nations populace. Yes just slowed it.

But I think the idea is Mexico 'pays for' the 'wall' by having the wasted billions that they would get from the US diverted to a commitment for something this nation would control. At least then it would line the pockets of the elite on this side of the border and finance the creation of more strip malls to serve those in the remote stretches who guard our 'wall'.

In this way Mexico "pays for the wall"

Fire away.

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by paranewbi]

Why would you steal hard working peoples money (remittances) to pay for the wall? This would include I assume any expats sending money to their bank accounts in Mexico.

bezzell - 9-5-2016 at 08:14 AM

What and how is it, that those who claim to despise Fox News, claiming to never watch it for it's poisonous content, continue to refer to the source as a font of knowledge for those with whom they disagree? How would they know?

'cause nobody can resist watching a good trainwreck!

vote Trump!! ya get two for the price of one ... Dr Jekyl AND Mr Hyde!

(baja related? .... that pufferfish-faced dude is one unhealthy lookin' specimen. Obviously consuming WAY too much salt)

elgatoloco - 9-5-2016 at 01:58 PM

David,

:o:o:o

SOS

chuckie - 9-5-2016 at 02:35 PM

DD

Lee - 9-5-2016 at 02:47 PM

"Feeling like the Mexican's will take over" is very different than "not liking Mexican's". I like Mexican's, but I don't like them protesting in the streets of the USA displaying Mexico flags, deriding the USA, and coming into the Country illegally and abusing our laws thus cheating all those that are attempting to come here legally, now and before. It is really tough for me to like gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, proven crooks, etc. regardless of where they come from, or what they look like. In that sense I am a "bigot" by definition, and that does not bother me one iota!!!

Not sure what MX's you're referring to. Is that Mexicans who are US citizens? These citizens have the right to display any kind of flag from any country, don't they?

Kinda like Colin has the right to sit out the national anthem if he wants.

You must be referring to undocumented and illegal Mexicans.

I think lots of white folks dislike Mexicans because they have darker skin -- kinda like obama does -- and that means they're inferior.

Bajahowodd - 9-5-2016 at 03:03 PM

Doesn't make you a "bigot" by any real definition, Barry. Keep up the good fight.

What good fight???:?:

Bajahowodd - 9-5-2016 at 03:08 PM

I marched in Selma thing. I was in No Carolina at the Greensboro Woolworth's. For the friggin' life of me I don't understand anyone talking about Mexicans taking over.:fire:

DENNIS - 9-5-2016 at 03:38 PM

What good fight???:?:

The American Way. Ever heard of it?
If you don't understand, don't respond.

DENNIS - 9-5-2016 at 03:42 PM

I marched in Selma thing. I was in No Carolina at the Greensboro Woolworth's. For the friggin' life of me I don't understand anyone talking about Mexicans taking over.:fire:

You're babbling. Take a nap.

chuckie - 9-5-2016 at 03:46 PM

I sure understand it. Fought for it, bled for it. I dont understand all these Bastards that DONT get it....

DENNIS - 9-5-2016 at 03:48 PM

I sure understand it. Fought for it, bled for it. I dont understand all these Bastards that DONT get it....

You're babbling too. Get what?

SFandH - 9-5-2016 at 04:02 PM

You're babbling too. Get what?

It!!!!

It's on sale at OXXO right now.

Barry A. - 9-5-2016 at 04:05 PM

Not sure what MX's you're referring to. Is that Mexicans who are US citizens? These citizens have the right to display any kind of flag from any country, don't they?

Kinda like Colin has the right to sit out the national anthem if he wants.

You must be referring to undocumented and illegal Mexicans.

I think lots of white folks dislike Mexicans because they have darker skin -- kinda like obama does -- and that means they're inferior.

Of course they "have the right", but it is not very smart, IMO. I was referring to all that have immigrated here with the idea of being citizens and staying. I "have the right" to display ISIS flags in the corners of my front yard, but I don't think that would be very wise, and it certainly would not endear me to my neighbors.

As for "Mexican's taking over" that somebody referred to----that's an opinion, or a perception, and there is no accounting for one's opinion, no matter if you don't understand it. It could, or could not, have anything to do what people actually feel about Mexican's, or the fact that some Mex. immigrants are shouting in the streets that they are "taking back what was taken from them". Now THAT's a provocative statement or display if I ever heard one, and might make some uneasy. LOL But perhaps some don't understand that, either.

DENNIS - 9-5-2016 at 04:14 PM

Bought a six of Lagunita at OXXO last week...imported from Marin County. Yummy stuff at 34 Ps per bottle.
Next door to the store is an asparagus field with jornaleros bent at the waist for ten hours a day planting, for enough to buy two bottles of these wonderful cold brews.

https://lagunitas.com/beers/little-sumpin-sumpin

chuckie - 9-5-2016 at 04:39 PM

Babble Babble....Guess I'll go pick some asparagus....Babble babble

bajabuddha - 9-5-2016 at 04:42 PM

Babble Babble....Guess I'll go pick some asparagus....Babble babble

Don't hurt yourself; it's farther away than it used to be....... :bounce:

....or you can play ''Squat-Tag" in the patch.......

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by bajabuddha]

chuckie - 9-5-2016 at 04:49 PM

Peas pay better, I'm gonna do peas...babble babble..leave the asparagus to Dennis...babble babble

SFandH - 9-6-2016 at 06:38 AM

his plan to pay for the wall:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

[Edited on 9-6-2016 by SFandH]

JoeJustJoe - 9-6-2016 at 09:50 AM

It is really tough for me to like gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, proven crooks, etc. regardless of where they come from, or what they look like. In that sense I am a "bigot" by definition, and that does not bother me one iota!!!

As for "Mexican's taking over" that somebody referred to----that's an opinion, or a perception, and there is no accounting for one's opinion, no matter if you don't understand it. It could, or could not, have anything to do what people actually feel about Mexican's, or the fact that some Mex. immigrants are shouting in the streets that they are "taking back what was taken from them". Now THAT's a provocative statement or display if I ever heard one, and might make some uneasy. LOL But perhaps some don't understand that, either.

Barry your posts have went from being funny the way you take Trump at his word when he keeps flip flopping back and forth on the mass deportation issue that most people know he couldn't actually get done because of many reasons starting with logistical issues, due process issues, and it would cost too much money.

But the other things you say are down right racist the way you negatively stereotype Mexicans as gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, and proven crooks!

Barry you sound exactly like Trump, and Barry when was the last time you heard Mexicans on the streets shout, " we're taking back what was taken from them!"

I personally don't like it that White Nationalist groups mainly in the USA are growing faster than ISIS, but you don't hear me stereotyping all white Americans as racist Aryan white supremacists.

White nationalist groups ‘growing faster than ISIS’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1721709/white-nationalist-grou...

Barry A. - 9-6-2016 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

It is really tough for me to like gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, proven crooks, etc. regardless of where they come from, or what they look like. In that sense I am a "bigot" by definition, and that does not bother me one iota!!!

Barry your posts have went from being funny the way you take Trump at his word when he keeps flip flopping back and forth on the mass deportation issue that most people know he couldn't actually get done because of many reasons starting with logistical issues, due process issues, and it would cost too much money.

But the other things you say are down right racist the way you negatively stereotype Mexicans as gang-bangers, gang members, druggies, and proven crooks!

Barry you sound exactly like Trump, and Barry when was the last time you heard Mexicans on the streets shout, " we're taking back what was taken from them!"

I personally don't like it that White Nationalist groups mainly in the USA are growing faster than ISIS, but you don't hear me stereotyping all white Americans as racist Aryan white supremacists.

White nationalist groups ‘growing faster than ISIS’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1721709/white-nationalist-grou...

The only "stereotypeing" going on is in your mind, JoJo. I was very specific in who I don't like, and Mexican's were not mentioned other than the flag-wavers of Mexican flags in the USA and the associated anti-American rants. It appears it is YOU that is making the "Mexican" connection, for reasons that only YOU know for sure.

DENNIS - 9-6-2016 at 11:07 AM

Don't confuse Joe with reality.

Bajahowodd - 9-6-2016 at 05:10 PM

Don't confuse DENNIS with being sane anymore.

Barry A. - 9-6-2016 at 05:15 PM

Dennis---------perhaps the sanest person on the NOMADS board!!! (even tho he takes me to task ever so often) (-:

Lee - 9-7-2016 at 09:36 AM

Dennis---------perhaps the sanest person on the NOMADS board!!! (even tho he takes me to task ever so often) (-:

Yup the ''drunken masturbation forum'' comment ranks with the sane nomads here. Sanity redefined, that is.

JoeJustJoe - 9-7-2016 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Never done this before...religion yes, politics no, maybe, ok here goes.
I look at the huge sums of money invested in Mexico by our nation in the (disguise, interest?) attempt to control drugs, immigration, economy, etc. and note that little difference has been the sum gain...corruption, graft, disgusting abuse seems to have raised the privileged and done little for a beautiful country to our south.

The 'wall' that exists physically now, seems to be a small percentage of the overall monies sent south over a very long time. Could it be that a certain percentage of the monies still being sent south by our nation be diverted to 'put in concrete' perhaps one of the only solutions our nation has control over?

Yes it may not be the best solution, it may not be palatable with our open arms policy we think we have, but nothing except lining the pockets of the elite in Mexico seems to have made a difference yet. And when look to the preformed, one cast footing and slab tilted up in ditches along the Palestinian frontier with Israel...It sure seems to have slowed the carnage perpetrated from a threat on one nations populace. Yes just slowed it.

But I think the idea is Mexico 'pays for' the 'wall' by having the wasted billions that they would get from the US diverted to a commitment for something this nation would control. At least then it would line the pockets of the elite on this side of the border and finance the creation of more strip malls to serve those in the remote stretches who guard our 'wall'.

In this way Mexico "pays for the wall"

Fire away.

[Edited on 9-5-2016 by paranewbi]

I don't believe you're looking at the big picture here. You seem to see the US as this great altruistic country that provides millions of dollars in foreign aid to Mexico, to help fight the "war on drugs" and help the economy and the Mexican people. And you see Mexico, as an ungrateful corrupt country that squanders millions of dollars in foreign aids that ends up lining the pockets of elite Mexicans.

So your solution seems to be to build the "wall" and build that build with some of the monies that goes to Mexico in foreign aid.

Paranewbi, if I'm understanding you correctly, I would say your plan sounds very naive.

The US like everybody else, doesn't do anything unless it's for their self-interest. Foreign aid, usually comes with strings attached.

Yes, the US government gives Mexico millions in tax dollars and foreign aid, but the catch is that Mexico has to turn around and use those millions to buy military equipment from US defense corporations, and Mexico isn't spending a few pesos, but instead they are buying black hawk helicopters, aircraft surveillance equipment, radios, night-vision goggles, and millions of dollars in other equipment.

Paranewbi, do you really think US corporations that own the pockets of US politicians are going to let Trump divert foreign aid to Mexico, to build a stupid wall, and make Mexico pay for the wall that way?

If you ever watch the news ever so often US politicians will get up on their high horse, and demand Mexico do something about their human rights record, or they threaten to withhold foreign aid.

The Mexican officials just shake their heads and laugh at the US politicians knowing full well, they are just giving lip service, and would never actually cut off the gravy train that goes back to the deep pockets of US corporations.

In the meantime both Mexico and the USA are losing the war on drugs, but at the same time, many people are getting rich of that drug war, and it's not just the Mexican cartel members.

Mexico prepping to buy more Black Hawks: settling in for a lengthy fight in drug war?

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/Latin-America-Monito...

DENNIS - 9-7-2016 at 01:09 PM

[rquote]=1047630&tid=83915&author=JoeJustJoe
Mexico-prepping-to-buy-more-Black-Hawks-settling-in-for-a-lengthy-fight-in-drug-war
[/rquote]
======================

More a lengthy war on government control of their country. It's the "Choppers against revolution strategy."

[Edited on 9-7-2016 by DENNIS]

DENNIS - 9-7-2016 at 01:18 PM

Why, thank you, Barry. Always a pleasure. My foxhole is your foxhole, and don't be discouraged by the confusion shown by our common sense challenged Nomad brothers and sisters. They are sheep in need of a shepherd....or a meat case. :saint: