BajaNomad

Thousands protest in TJ against gay marriage

Pages:  1  

WhackAMolE - 9-11-2016 at 12:17 AM

Peña Nieto has proposed legalizing gay marriage. Some Catholics are unhappy. Protests in TJ and throughout Mexico.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/sep/10/tijuana...

Ateo - 9-11-2016 at 10:05 AM

“Marriage is between a man and woman for the purpose of procreation,” said Ariadna León, 39, a Catholic and mother of two from Ampliacion Guaycura in eastern Tijuana. “We are asking for the respect of the nucleus of society, which is the family.”

Such a sad and ignorant statement.

They are leaving out our gay and lesbian family members in that statement as well as disregarding basic understanding of human sexuality.

Fortunately this kind of thinking is on the decline.

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Such a sad and ignorant statement.

So what IS the purpose of marriage? I'm speaking of the formalized institution, which seems to be what all the fuss is about. As opposed to two people just choosing to spend their lives together?

-------that, and/or a simple CONTRACT to cover the legal issues that might arise. All the "marriage" hoop-la in the Gay community appears to be emotional, to me, and beyond my understanding. Many I know, including me, lived for years with a partner before we/they actually got married-------we never felt discriminated against because of it--------it in no way effected our lives. We actually got married because of the legal reasons, as well as making older member's of our Family, and our 4 grown step-kids, more comfortable. (tho nobody ever brought it up that I can remember)

TMW - 9-11-2016 at 11:13 AM

A legal contract that formed a union between gays in CA had problems when it came to medical issues and who had a say so in certain matters. That is why I changed my thinking on the issue. I say let them marry. Let them have children and raise a family.

bajaguy - 9-11-2016 at 11:15 AM

So what if they protest????.....

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
A legal contract that formed a union between gays in CA had problems when it came to medical issues and who had a say so in certain matters. That is why I changed my thinking on the issue. I say let them marry. Let them have children and raise a family.

Then it was a poorly written Contract, I am guessing. In truth 'I' personally don't have serious problems with gay's wanting to be legally "married", but many many do, mostly for religious reasons I suppose, so why challenge them and make so many people so mad when it really does not matter? Like so many things, jamming things down peoples throats often is not the answer to better relations.

Ateo - 9-11-2016 at 01:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
So what if they protest????.....

Yep. They have that right.

DENNIS - 9-11-2016 at 01:19 PM

Why don't they just call their union something other than marriage? Then everybody would have the identity they clamor for?

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2016 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Then it was a poorly written Contract, I am guessing. In truth 'I' personally don't have serious problems with gay's wanting to be legally "married", but many many do, mostly for religious reasons I suppose, so why challenge them and make so many people so mad when it really does not matter? Like so many things, jamming things down peoples throats often is not the answer to better relations.

Barry, Govt marriage license has nothing to do with your backwards church rules. You and your church can keep a closed mind, without caring what govt does for marriage licenses, eh?
Civil rights should not be restricted because a couple of you fringe fundamentalist Christians get your panties in a bunch. Barry, go back to your cave, and keep your religion out of our sight. Why you trying to jam your backwards religious restrictions down our throat?

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2016 at 02:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Why don't they just call their union something other than marriage? Then everybody would have the identity they clamor for?

Why don't you religious nuts call your religious union something else, and then you can be unconcerned by civil rights granted and protected by govt, civil rights for all, not just you fundamentalists heteros.
Eh?

DENNIS - 9-11-2016 at 02:24 PM

Just making a suggestion Goat***. Lemme make the first try at a term for your legal coupling. How about "Plug-In."
Hows it sound to you? "Hi. Mom. Meet Lester. We just got plugged in. Ohh, I know....we've been plugged in for years, but not legally. Now we have the backing of the Supreme Court...well, not literally Mom. That's me and Lesters place in the new and improved scheme of things."

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Barry, Govt marriage license has nothing to do with your backwards church rules. You and your church can keep a closed mind, without caring what govt does for marriage licenses, eh?
Civil rights should not be restricted because a couple of you fringe fundamentalist Christians get your panties in a bunch. Barry, go back to your cave, and keep your religion out of our sight. Why you trying to jam your backwards religious restrictions down our throat?

What are you talking about, Goat??? I am not a religious person at all. Go back and read my comments-----I thought they were pretty clear, but perhaps not??? Where did "marriage license" come into the thread? "Marriage License/Contract" are both legal and appropriate, why does it matter which?. You and the Gay's appear more interested in rubbing salt in peoples eyes than solving problems and getting along with others?!?!?!?!

DENNIS - 9-11-2016 at 03:17 PM

It's just more of the liberal credo...if it's yours, I'm entitled to it and I want it.

KaceyJ - 9-11-2016 at 03:38 PM

I guess they never heard of a medical power of attorney

And then there are wills and trusts to cover the rest

Funny how with certain groups there is always more drama

DENNIS - 9-11-2016 at 03:47 PM

It's always the same crap:.....What we are matters....what you are doesn't....so, we're going to take it. It's a smarmy, damp war strategy that runs the world.

Terry28 - 9-11-2016 at 03:59 PM

Real simple people...If you don't like gay marriage don't marry a gay person...problem solved.......

JC43 - 9-11-2016 at 04:04 PM

Fact: Being gay or lesbian is being sick. Period. Evidence: If everybody in this world would be gay or lesbian--- mankind would disappear within less than hundred years. Being sick is not the regular human nature! But if mankind disappears, maybe it would be from benefit to this world. Remember: Nature does not need people - but people need nature!

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 05:00 PM

Now keep in mind, folks, we are just "having a conversation" now. That is what the Left say they want---------a "conversation". :rolleyes:

motoged - 9-11-2016 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Fact: Being gay or lesbian is being sick. Period.

Proving beyond doubt what kind of person you are.....:barf:

JC43 - 9-11-2016 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

What has being sick or being ill like gays or lesbians are, to do with my person??? I am not gay! So I am healthy. Being gay is against nature. Even YOU can not change that. No matter what kind of BS you are posting here. One can accept gays and lesbians as humans. But only as humans with a mental illness. One can accept that gays and lesbians where in this world forever. But again: If everybody in this world would be gay, mankind would be disappeared within less than 100 years.
And if your mother was a lesbian - you could not post BS here.:fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 9-12-2016 by JC43]

Frigatebird - 9-11-2016 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
...Being gay is against nature. Even YOU can not change that. No matter what kind of BS you are posting here. One can accept gays and lesbians as humans. But only as humans with a mental illness. One can accept that gays and lesbians where in this world forever. But again: If everybody in this world would be gay, mankind would be disappeared within less than 100 years.
And if your mother was a lesbian - you could not post BS here.:fire::fire::fire

So what about the use of current reproductive technology by anyone? Does this make fertility clinicians neurologists/psychiatrists etc?

You don't need a partner today to reproduce, just cash.

But please, go on about your understanding of "nature".

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2016 at 05:55 PM

You homophobic hate is disgusting.

What has being sick or being ill like gays or lesbians are, to do with my person??? I am not gay! So I am healthy. Being gay is against nature. Even YOU can not change that. No matter what kind of BS you are posting here. One can accept gays and lesbians as humans. But only as humans with a mental illness. One can accept that gays and lesbians where in this world forever. But again: If everybody in this world would be gay, mankind would be disappeared within less than 100 years.
And if your mother was a lesbian - you could not post BS here.:fire::fire::fire:

JC43 - 9-11-2016 at 05:58 PM

And your stupidity is what ??? R U gay?

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 06:18 PM

Your attitude to me, Goat, is often "disgusting" in the way you treat other people. What is WRONG with you??? and why do you do this??? Do you see anything productive or redeeming in your comments???

mtgoat666 - 9-11-2016 at 06:31 PM

I have zero tolerance for bigots.

And your stupidity is what ??? R U gay?

JC43 - 9-11-2016 at 07:13 PM

First to frigatebird. So that`s the way it works with the Americans today: There is a young couple getting married. Settling financially. And if it comes to family planning and she is saying "Darling, I would like to get pregnant and being a mother". Then he is saying: "No problem with me! Here is some cash. Let the doctor do the job!". :bounce:
Personal question: Are you sure your father is your father???:fire::fire:

Second to goat. Zero tolerance is the most stupid thing in the world. I do have tolerance towards gay and lesbians as human beings. I do tolerate even you - well, just as a non-tolerate human! I just do not accept gays and lesbians as completely healthy. Let me keep it this way: They have two legs. Two arms. A body and a head. Just the part above their eyes is not correctly developed. There is a certain bend in the brain which took the wrong curve, so to speak.

Barry A. - 9-11-2016 at 07:28 PM

-----which makes you "a bigot", Goat. Welcome to the club!!!

From Wiki: The English noun bigot is a term of abuse aimed at a prejudiced or closed-minded person, especially one who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups (especially, and originally, other religious groups), and especially one whose own beliefs are perceived as unreasonable or excessively narrow-minded, superstitious, or hypocritical.[1] The abstract noun is bigotry.

I have zero tolerance for bigots.

[Edited on 9-12-2016 by Barry A.]

woody with a view - 9-13-2016 at 06:06 PM

don't all you social genius' think that the world would be a much better place if people were left to themselves? you know, don't judge someone who may be different than you because you are probably MUCH different than me and i don't give two sh!ts about you anyway. it's very liberating! think of all of the death and suffering from one religious zealot hammering his neighbors head over something as STUPID as a myth called dog spelt backward, and then multiply by 5000 years.

none of your beliefs are any better or worse than the next knucklehead, unless you are some sort of predator or other form of degenerate POS. in which case i seem to have misplaced my hammer.....

[Edited on 9-14-2016 by woody with a view]

motoged - 9-13-2016 at 06:36 PM

This thread should be flushed....

Barry A. - 9-13-2016 at 10:07 PM

Agree, but it IS revealing.

mtgoat666 - 9-14-2016 at 06:09 AM

Yes, the homophobes have been flagged.

And i learned that some think my ability to spot and call out a bigot is itself bigotry.

Barry A. - 9-14-2016 at 09:44 AM

Yes, the homophobes have been flagged.

And i learned that some think my ability to spot and call out a bigot is itself bigotry.

Well, Goat, we all have our vulnerabilities, eh? ;D

redhilltown - 9-24-2016 at 11:31 PM

Hmmmmm...I can think of one famous woman who never had sex with a man and yet bore a child...lesbian? You tell me.

JC43 - 9-25-2016 at 10:25 AM

O.K., let me try to explain this issue again for those with only little understanding what nature should mean to humans.
First and foremost (I said it before) Nature does not need people. But people need nature. That`s the reason why nature stays above everything else in this world.
Second: Everything in this world - every brush, tree, cactus, animal from the smallest protozoa to the biggest wale, and humans(!) has the capability to reproduce.
So ??? What about gays to reproduce themselves? :?: (Nature is smart and has put a stop to this possibility) What about lesbians to reproduce without artificial help > the material from a Man!! Not knowing what they get! Nature has put a stop to that possibility, right?. For a good reason! Or say it this way: Gays and lesbians are sick, having an illness in their brain which took the wrong curve when it came to develop that certain curve towards the other gender.
O.K., that nobody can show up again an saying I am a bigot: I do tolerate gays and lesbians. They are in this world forever. (and among the monks and in the Vatican the most) So I do tolerate them in their existence - but do not accept them as healthy humans.
They are still some kind of humans! But they are missing the fun part in life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC43 - 9-25-2016 at 10:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  

Hmmmmm...I can think of one famous woman who never had sex with a man and yet bore a child...lesbian? You tell me.

Yes, I tell you: BS or artificial! Or if your story is about 2016 years old: Fairy-tale.

23S52N - 9-25-2016 at 10:34 AM

At the risk of throwing more fuel on the fire, perhaps I can add my perspective as a gay man and hopefully clear up some misconceptions and fears that exist amongst so many folks. When I came out at the grand old age of 59, I promised myself I would do my best, if the opportunity arose, to give a rational and hopefully educational outlook to the LGBTQ view. Keep in mind, that we are humans first, LGTBQ, second and like everyone, our opinions and outlooks are as varied and numerous as Carter's and their pills.

On the question of marriage, like straight society, not everyone who is gay is in a rush to tie the matrimonial knot. Many are quite happy living in common law relationships and will do so for the remainder of their lives. Marriage is a choice in both worlds, for whatever reason. Personally, I look at marriage as the ultimate commitment to my partner, void of any religious connotations. It is the sanctity of the act that is important to me and my partner, but it is personal, a choice, and not for everyone.

Whether certain benefits are added by the state to those who are recognized as legally married, i won't go into. Each area and jurisdiction in North America, and indeed the world, is different. Ask yourself why folks in straight society want to get married and you have your answer as to why gay folks do. It is human emotion and nature expressing itself and sexuality does not enter into it. I am always mystified why folks think they have a patent on marriage and are so fiercely protective of it. Gay folks want to marry gay folks, there is no threat to straight folks.

If society starts allowing and applying laws to affect only one segment of the population, then you have an absence of equality, and that is what this argument really is about. Equal rights for all, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation. Applying laws to only specified people takes us back to who can drink at what fountain, eat at what restaurant or where you ride on a public bus. It boils down to basic and equal human rights for all regardless of whether you are gay or straight, black, white or green, male or female......the list goes on.

When we start to get our head around a very simple logic, perhaps the picture is clearer, maybe not. Living in a free democracy (whatever that may be) guarantees the same rights to ALL persons, not select groups.

Whether or not you understand what being gay means, should not enter into the equation. People who don't understand something often resort to name calling or fear mongering. Understanding that everyone has the right to courtesy, respect and equality is what is at stake here. The rest of the argument, in my opinion is rhetoric.

I hope that sheds a bit of light from one man's perspective.

JoeJustJoe - 9-25-2016 at 11:00 AM

O.K., let me try to explain this issue again for those with only little understanding what nature should mean to humans.
First and foremost (I said it before) Nature does not need people. But people need nature. That`s the reason why nature stays above everything else in this world.
Second: Everything in this world - every brush, tree, cactus, animal from the smallest protozoa to the biggest wale, and humans(!) has the capability to reproduce.
So ??? What about gays to reproduce themselves? :?: (Nature is smart and has put a stop to this possibility) What about lesbians to reproduce without artificial help > the material from a Man!! Not knowing what they get! Nature has put a stop to that possibility, right?. For a good reason! Or say it this way: Gays and lesbians are sick, having an illness in their brain which took the wrong curve when it came to develop that certain curve towards the other gender.
O.K., that nobody can show up again an saying I am a bigot: I do tolerate gays and lesbians. They are in this world forever. (and among the monks and in the Vatican the most) So I do tolerate them in their existence - but do not accept them as healthy humans.
They are still some kind of humans! But they are missing the fun part in life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only are you a bigot but you're ignorant too.

There is no evidence that gay people are suffering from any kind of mental illness, and if you have that kind of evidence please post it, so I could have a good laugh.

You also don't seem to know that so-called gay people, or people who label themselves as gay, probably had sex with the opposite sex many times, and many times they have actually been married to the opposite sex, before settling for a gay lifestyle. And no , they don't self identify as bi-sexual, but bi-sexuality probably doesn't fit in your bigoted pigeon holes you put people into, as either being gay or straight.

I have personally known many women who go from being married, divorced, and then jumping into a lesbian lifestyle, and then later they go back to being married to guys. Then you have bi-sexual women, who enjoy the company of both males and females all the time.

There are some studies that have come out that say, that so-called straight males, that identify as straight, have had at least one same-sex experience with another male sometime in their life, and the percentages of some of these studies are up to 40%!

Probably the most well known studies on homophobic men like you JC, is that when you get them into the psychologist's research room with a control group of men, who aren't homophobic and have a live and let live attitude towards gay men.

The psychology experiment is they show both groups, the homophobics, and non-homophobics, photos of naked men. They put all kinds of sensors on these men, including sensors down there.

The results are always interesting, because it's usually the homophobic men who seem to be the most sexually aroused over photos of the naked men, while the control group of non-haters, show no physical reaction to the photos of naked men.

It's always fun to me to read posts from homophobic guys, because I know it's all about self-hating, and latent desires.

In this day and age, most people have a live and let live attitude although older men, have a harder time accepting people and their different lifestyles.

Ateo - 9-25-2016 at 11:19 AM

The last two posters pretty much sum up reality. Thanks.

JC43 - 9-25-2016 at 12:39 PM

As far as I understand this thread: we are not talking about marriage. We are not talking about laws. We are not talkig about society and their rules.
Again: Gays have not developed the correct turn in their brain - that`s why they are gay. No matter if already when young or later when getting old. Something is for sure wrong with them. Same with lesbians. Being married and having no fun with the husband (maybe being beaten up when he comes home drunk like a skunk) is no reason to turn lesbian. Another husband might be better - is also a solution.
But again: Both are against nature. And that is what decides my opinion. Nature diktats our life. And only because nature (evolution) allowed us to be, we should be thankful to our nature we have. That can not be discussed! Nothing stays above nature!
Posting in favor of gays and lesbians is ""cool "" for some users. Understandable. But still not correct in terms of human life and , above all: Nature.

JC43 - 9-25-2016 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
The last two posters pretty much sum up reality. Thanks.

@ Ateo
You are damn right. It is reality and those two posts above yours are right as well. But that is not what I mean.

Queer is Unnatural

MrBillM - 9-25-2016 at 05:16 PM

A FACT which cannot be argued.

DENNIS - 9-25-2016 at 05:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXLmYyFu4I

JC43 - 9-25-2016 at 05:52 PM

@ Dennis,,,,, one gezillion percent right!!!! (I`m an Alan Jackson fan anyway - Western Music overall. But that`s not the reason for my agreement)

@MrBillM,,,,,, looking at the % % % same as above.

@ all those who think sticking the ?/&% into the extended part of the back of your partner is cool - think again.
S O R R Y but it needs some clear words for those who are supporting.

motoged - 9-25-2016 at 08:36 PM

A few here seem to confuse their opinions with the concept of "fact".
Perhaps they could acknowledge that their "facts" are simply their narrow-minded and myopic views and are, in no way facts:

From Wikipedia:

A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability—that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experiments or other means).

Etymology and usage

The word fact derives from the Latin factum, and was first used in English with the same meaning: a thing done or performed, a meaning now obsolete.[1] The common usage of "something that has really occurred or is the case" dates from the middle of the sixteenth century.[2]

Fact is sometimes used synonymously with truth, as distinct from opinions, falsehoods, or matters of taste. This use is found in such phrases as, "It is a fact that the cup is blue" or "Matter of fact",[3] and "... not history, nor fact, but imagination." Filmmaker Werner Herzog distinguishes clearly between the two, claiming that "Fact creates norms, and truth illumination."[4]

Fact also indicates a matter under discussion deemed to be true or correct, such as to emphasize a point or prove a disputed issue; (e.g., "... the fact of the matter is ...").[5][6]

Alternatively, fact may also indicate an allegation or stipulation of something that may or may not be a true fact,[7] (e.g., "the author's facts are not trustworthy"). This alternate usage, although contested by some, has a long history in standard English.[8]

Fact may also indicate findings derived through a process of evaluation, including review of testimony, direct observation, or otherwise; as distinguishable from matters of inference or speculation.[9] This use is reflected in the terms "fact-find" and "fact-finder" (e.g., "set up a fact-finding commission").[10]

Facts may be checked by reason, experiment, personal experience, or may be argued from authority. Roger Bacon wrote "If in other sciences we should arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."[11]
In philosophy

In philosophy, the concept fact is considered in epistemology and ontology. Questions of objectivity and truth are closely associated with questions of fact. A "fact" can be defined as something that is the case—that is, a state of affairs.[12][13]

Facts may be understood as information that makes a true sentence true.[14] Facts may also be understood as those things to which a true sentence refers. The statement "Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system" is about the fact Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.[15]
Correspondence and the slingshot argument

Engel's version of the correspondence theory of truth explains that what makes a sentence true is that it corresponds to a fact.[16] This theory presupposes the existence of an objective world.

The Slingshot argument claims to show that all true statements stand for the same thing - the truth value true. If this argument holds, and facts are taken to be what true statements stand for, then we reach the counter-intuitive conclusion that there is only one fact - the truth.[17]
Compound facts

Any non-trivial true statement about reality is necessarily an abstraction composed of a complex of objects and properties or relations.[18] For example, the fact described by the true statement "Paris is the capital city of France" implies that there is such a place as Paris, there is such a place as France, there are such things as capital cities, as well as that France has a government, that the government of France has the power to define its capital city, and that the French government has chosen Paris to be the capital, that there is such a thing as a place or a government, and so on. The verifiable accuracy of all of these assertions, if facts themselves, may coincide to create the fact that Paris is the capital of France.

Difficulties arise, however, in attempting to identify the constituent parts of negative, modal, disjunctive, or moral facts.[19]
Fact–value distinction
Main article: Fact–value distinction

Moral philosophers since David Hume have debated whether values are objective, and thus factual. In A Treatise of Human Nature Hume pointed out there is no obvious way for a series of statements about what ought to be the case to be derived from a series of statements of what is the case. Those who insist there is a logical gulf between facts and values, such that it is fallacious to attempt to derive values from facts, include G. E. Moore, who called attempting to do so the naturalistic fallacy.
Factual–counterfactual distinction
Main article: Counterfactual conditional

Factuality—what has occurred—can also be contrasted with counterfactuality: what might have occurred, but did not. A counterfactual conditional or subjunctive conditional is a conditional (or "if-then") statement indicating what would be the case if events had been other than they actually are. For example, "If Alexander had lived, his empire would have been greater than Rome." This contrasts with an indicative conditional, which indicates what is (in fact) the case if its antecedent is (in fact) true—for example, "If you drink this, it will make you well."

Such sentences are important to modal logic, especially since the development of possible world semantics.
In science
Further information: scientific method and philosophy of science

In science, a fact is a repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experimentation or other means), also called empirical evidence. Facts are central to building scientific theories. Various forms of observation and measurement lead to fundamental questions about the scientific method, and the scope and validity of scientific reasoning.

In the most basic sense, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation, in contrast with a hypothesis or theory, which is intended to explain or interpret facts.[20]

Various scholars have offered significant refinements to this basic formulation. Scientists are careful to distinguish between: 1) states of affairs in the external world and 2) assertions of fact that may be considered relevant in scientific analysis. The term is used in both senses in the philosophy of science.[21]

Scholars and clinical researchers in both the social and natural sciences have written about numerous questions and theories that arise in the attempt to clarify the fundamental nature of scientific fact.[22] Pertinent issues raised by this inquiry include:

the process by which "established fact" becomes recognized and accepted as such;[23]
whether and to what extent "fact" and "theoretic explanation" can be considered truly independent and separable from one another;[24][25]
to what extent "facts" are influenced by the mere act of observation;[25] and
to what extent factual conclusions are influenced by history and consensus, rather than a strictly systematic methodology.[26]

Consistent with the theory of confirmation holism, some scholars assert "fact" to be necessarily "theory-laden" to some degree. Thomas Kuhn points out that knowing what facts to measure, and how to measure them, requires the use of other theories. For example, the age of fossils is based on radiometric dating, which is justified by reasoning that radioactive decay follows a Poisson process rather than a Bernoulli process. Similarly, Percy Williams Bridgman is credited with the methodological position known as operationalism, which asserts that all observations are not only influenced, but necessarily defined by the means and assumptions used to measure them.
The scientific method

Apart from the fundamental inquiry into the nature of scientific fact, there remain the practical and social considerations of how fact is investigated, established, and substantiated through the proper application of the scientific method.[27] Scientific facts are generally believed independent of the observer: no matter who performs a scientific experiment, all observers agree on the outcome.[28] In addition to these considerations, there are the social and institutional measures, such as peer review and accreditation, that are intended to promote factual accuracy (among other interests) in scientific study.[29]

One researcher described the place of facts in science as follows:[30]

In case the difference between evidence and medical evidence or the difference between facts and scientific facts eludes you, let me explain. If I have a headache or a fever, that’s not a fact except to me. If I tell a doctor about it, that’s what doctors call anecdotal evidence or testimonial. If the doctor takes my temperature and writes it down, the headache becomes medical evidence. If another doctor copies it, it becomes a scientific fact. Should I need proof that my fever was 101 last Tuesday and ask my doctor for my chart, it will not be given to me. That plain garden variety fact has now become a scientific fact. It’s only available to another doctor. If I complain the doctor won’t give me the scientific facts about my past condition, that’s anecdotal evidence again.

In history
Further information: Historiography

A common rhetorical cliché states, "History is written by the winners." This phrase suggests but does not examine the use of facts in the writing of history.

E. H. Carr in his 1961 volume What is History? argues that the inherent biases from the gathering of facts makes the objective truth of any historical perspective idealistic and impossible. Facts are, "like fish in the Ocean," of which we may only happen to catch a few, only an indication of what is below the surface. Even a dragnet cannot tell us for certain what it would be like to live below the Ocean's surface. Even if we do not discard any facts (or fish) presented, we will always miss the majority; the site of our fishing, the methods undertaken, the weather and even luck play a vital role in what we will catch. Additionally, the composition of history is inevitably made up by the compilation of many different biases of fact finding - all compounded over time. He concludes that for a historian to attempt a more objective method, one must accept that history can only aspire to a conversation of the present with the past - and that one's methods of fact gathering should be openly examined. Historical truth and facts therefore change over time, and reflect only the present consensus (if that)...."

The Nature of Life

MrBillM - 9-25-2016 at 09:21 PM

The "Unnatural" line is always good for a response. A cheap recreational provocation with no other purpose.

BUT, clearly correct.

Strictly Speaking.

Setting aside any religious thinking, the purpose of sexual activity in nature is procreation to maintain the species.

So, of course, ANY activity outside that purpose isn't natural.

Whether Hetero or Homo.

That said, personally, I could care less what activities (including Marriage) Queers indulge in.

And, on the upside, they are (in the most flaming examples) great to make fun of like many other human oddities.

Which, I'm sure, is what God, Allah, Buddha or [insert Idol here] intended.

redhilltown - 9-26-2016 at 12:10 AM

Bill Bill Bill... there you go again. Let it go. That guy you played around with after gym class...it was nothing. We don't think you are gay! No matter how many times you bring it up, comment on it, insult people... it doesn't matter honey buns...you are straight as an arrow! Though...some of us worry about those Broadway musicals you hum ever so softly...

Personal Experience has Shown...................

MrBillM - 9-26-2016 at 08:02 AM

It's ALL in Fun.

Possessing (since Grade-School days), a (justifiable) contempt for the A-sses among the Ma-sses and an appreciation for Schadenfreude years before it was known as such in the U.S., I have enjoyed the recreational pursuit of provoking and ridiculing the Oddities in society.

"Telling it Like it IS". More or less.

Blessed with a way for words and a moderate verbal talent supplementing my "somewhat" Misanthropic nature, I've enjoyed 60+ years of being that "Arrogant, SmartA-ssed, insulting Jerk (?)" many co-workers described.

Queers, Retards, those whose (sometimes hilarious) poor decisions lead to disaster (and often) death and dismemberment, anything which provides fodder for Black Humor, Bad Jokes in Poor Taste, derision..................It's ALL Good.

Call me a Crazy Dude. Many have (school mates, co-workers, friends, casual acquaintances, strangers), but "so what" ?

Well into the final stretch in a (fairly) long life, retired comfortably enough to never entertain the possibility of needing to work (with others) again and having a core of friends/acquaintances who get along with my unique character AND always packing a pistol when out and about just in case I tick off the wrong guy, it's a sure bet that I'll finish out on the same track that I've been on for all those years.

Enjoying all of the misjudgement, misbehavior and misfortune of mankind which makes for great entertainment.

It's ALL just Good Clean Harmless Fun affecting No One.

Si Si ?

SFandH - 9-26-2016 at 08:16 AM

MrBillM, you are an agent provocateur and an early Internet troll. Everybody should be good at something I suppose.

JC43, your opinion of the LGBT community is at odds with the majority of people that compose western civilization. But, take heart, there are 100s of millions of like minded people. Conservative Muslims agree with you. Have you thought about moving to Somalia, Syria, perhaps the Democratic Republic of Congo?

[Edited on 9-26-2016 by SFandH]

Lee - 9-26-2016 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Setting aside any religious thinking, the purpose of sexual activity in nature is procreation to maintain the species.

Hey, set aside what you want Bill. The ''idea'' that making love's sole ''purpose'' is procreation, comes from the church. And that's where you got the idea. Deny it if you want. You come across as a bible thumper. Nobody here really cares.

Writing about this stuff is fun -- like you wrote. I'm guessing it's also tittilating for you, isn't it?

Again, not a big deal here. I know some closet queers -- sad thing they'll probably never realize their true destiny.

If I were to allow myself a visualization, you and your wife doing the butt-thingy is more disgusting than what 2 men or 2 womyn could possibly do. But I don't go there.

Have a good day.

motoged - 9-26-2016 at 09:49 AM

So, of course, ANY activity outside that purpose isn't natural.

Simply an opinion, Mr Bile.

Scientific research has indicated that some species enjoy sexual activity for the "fun" of it, so they are motivated by primal urges beyond reproduction.

Too bad you can't do that...:rolleyes:

However, I appreciate your confession as to not being able to manage your verbal impulsivity....and that you are willing to shoot those you offend and who are willing to let you know it.

Wrapped up in your cocoon of self-righteous arrogance must be a warm fuzzy place for you...:no:

[Edited on 9-26-2016 by motoged]

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by BajaNomad]

JC43 - 9-26-2016 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
MrBillM, you are an agent provocateur and an early Internet troll. Everybody should be good at something I suppose.

JC43, your opinion of the LGBT community is at odds with the majority of people that compose western civilization. But, take heart, there are 100s of millions of like minded people. Conservative Muslims agree with you. Have you thought about moving to Somalia, Syria, perhaps the Democratic Republic of Congo?

[Edited on 9-26-2016 by SFandH]

You forgot what the headline of this thread is all about! MEXICO - and Baja is a part of Mexico and you call yourself Baja Lover, right? - is protesting the gay movement/marriage etc. O.K., they probably do it out of religious reasons, which play no part in my thinking. And you are not a good learner! I stated that I tolerate gays and lesbians as they are possible around since ever. (which does not mean that I am accepting them as completely healthy)
But my point - and read it again - is, they are somehow sick,,,, illness they have. They are not what nature created when evolution created mankind.
O.K., to all those who are supporting gays and lesbians: Think about the fact if your father was gay and your mother was a lesbian. They never would have created YOU ! Is that clear enough now? And again: If everybody roaming this planet would be gay from tomorrow on, mankind would disappear within less than 100 years. This world would be better off I think.

mtgoat666 - 9-26-2016 at 10:34 AM

[
They are not what nature created when evolution created mankind.

It appears that nature/evolution created homosexuals.
If nature/evolution did not create homosexuality, then what did?

Lee - 9-26-2016 at 10:34 AM

O.K., to all those who are supporting gays and lesbians: Think about the fact if your father was gay and your mother was a lesbian. They never would have created YOU ! Is that clear enough now? And again: If everybody roaming this planet would be gay from tomorrow on, mankind would disappear within less than 100 years. This world would be better off I think.

Let me get this straight. I should care if a gay neighbor has kids or not?

And I should be attached to whether ''mankind would disappear'' or not?

Verbal masturbation. You're good at that.

You don't get out much, do you?

Oh, and about those protestors in Mexico? You got that info from reading about it, didn't you? Please please please stop believing everything you read?

Try to have an original thought?

AKgringo - 9-26-2016 at 10:38 AM

The world would be better off if about a hundred million people chose not to breed for whatever reason!

A low birth rate is better for humanity than catastrophe, natural or man made!

SFandH - 9-26-2016 at 10:42 AM

Good point, choice is a key consideration. JC43 thinks homosexuals are "sick" because they don't procreate.

JC43, If my mother and father decided to not have kids, would you consider them sick?

Let Live and Get By .....................

MrBillM - 9-26-2016 at 12:08 PM

Or Live and Let Die ?

I don't HATE Homos. I don't care one way or the other. No Religious motivation on my part in judging perversion.

They can Bugger each other's Butts to their hearts content. Preferably playing with each others privates in private.

I wouldn't be a good fit with the Conservative Muslims (who should be Nuked) OR Super-Christians OR [insert preferred Deity here].

At this stage of life, and having generally (mostly) a lack of interest in whether the majority of people live or die, starve, suffer from incredible deprivation or disease, whatever.................observing societal conflicts and carnage is a recreational pursuit.

As long as it doesn't affect me financially or otherwise, it's just good reading and/or GREAT TV.

Charlotte was an example. GOOD entertainment kept from being GREAT by the fact that the Riot potential fell flat.

I kept setting the DVR to coincide with Darkness falling and erasing the coverage the next day.

Disappointed.

I do have the Police/Family videos from CNN preserved for future "Popcorn" moments.

It's OK to think me Crazy but, at least, accept that I'm sincere.

Anyway, it's OK with me for Mexico to embrace Homo couplings.

So, we're on the same page, right ?

More or Less.

Terry28 - 9-26-2016 at 03:39 PM

Mr. Bile,
You have to be the biggest racist, homophob idiot on this board...and that's saying something...but not to worry JC43 is running a close second.

Outstanding at Standing Out ?

MrBillM - 9-26-2016 at 04:42 PM

Although it "may" be subtle........................I DO get the impression that I'm being insulted.

BUT, I "could" be WRONG.

Not that it matters.

23S52N - 9-26-2016 at 05:08 PM

Mr. Bill,

While you're passive aggressive attitude may seem cute to you and you're patio buddies, it is that exact asinine attitude that leads thousands of gay youth every year to take their own lives. But you apparently can laugh that off with all your verbal diarrhea and nonsense justifying stupidity and arrogance. If you think gay sex is unnatural, then go take a fling at yourself, you burrohat.

[Edited on 9-27-2016 by 23S52N]

DENNIS - 9-26-2016 at 05:22 PM

Personal opinions never killed anyone. Why blame other's weaknesses on Mr. Bill?

Credit where Credit's DUE ?

MrBillM - 9-26-2016 at 05:25 PM

Really ?

"..........it is that exact asinine attitude that leads thousands of gay youth every year to take their own lives........."

I DOUBT that !

MY attitude towards the Bung-Bumpers is simply one of "Benign Denigration and Ridicule".

WHO would hit the Self-Checkout Line over THAT ?

Other than someone already emotionally unfit for the many trials of everyday life.

Life IS (quite often) tough.

Those who aren't up to it are better out of it.

23S52N - 9-26-2016 at 05:29 PM

Yup, I agree, both you and your bum buddy Dennis can take the first tickets out. What a couple of ******bags. You're both such a credit to your country and humankind. FMTT.

DavidT - 9-26-2016 at 05:35 PM

Next time you have a thought...

NSFW

SFandH - 9-26-2016 at 05:45 PM

MY attitude towards the Bung-Bumpers is simply one of "Benign Denigration and Ridicule".

Denigration and ridicule is never benign.

[Edited on 9-27-2016 by SFandH]

DENNIS - 9-26-2016 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 23S52N  
Yup, I agree, both you and your bum buddy Dennis can take the first tickets out. What a couple of ******bags. You're both such a credit to your country and humankind. FMTT.

My statement stands. Show everybody where I'm wrong, or just keep your senseless, empty and slimey rebuttal to yourself.

23S52N - 9-26-2016 at 07:12 PM

Like your diatribe fool, it's my opinion, and you can't prove that to be right or wrong. Contrary to what you think, the amount of posts you make and the stars you show do not reflect your intelligence. Done with you and your club of village idiots. Now go back to playing on the highway with all your simple friends, ******bag.

Me Be Buoyantly Benign

MrBillM - 9-26-2016 at 08:30 PM

In the sense of "Not harmful in effect".

Words (especially those which don't advocate violent or destructive behavior) should not be (by themselves) harmful to anyone with a normal level of conviction and self-worth.

If one is satisfied with their own behavior, choices and assessment of their ideas and conclusions, others taking issue with (or making fun of) said person should be immaterial.

SO, Drag Queen Sodomy Jokes and the like ?

"Words don't break No Bones" .

Don't Howl. No Harm = No Foul !

Laughter is the BEST medicine. And, I'm Laughing.

wessongroup - 9-26-2016 at 08:57 PM

"Denigration and ridicule is never benign" ... would that apply to Presidential candidates and others that run for public office :biggrin::biggrin:

As for the purpose of all living organisms .... reproduction is in fact part of the Life Cycle, that is not to say there will not be variation in the act, or in: selecting a partner in the "act" of sexual contact .. and HOW that contact is accomplished ... be it of the same species or another species ... This variation tends to be found, in the Human Species more than others due to a number of factors

Most animals that are dioecious "stick" to the same species for the purpose of reproduction and/or sexual contact/pleasure ... there are of course exceptions to this ... one reads about them in the news and can find investigations into the "why" of these choices

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_inference

JC43 - 9-26-2016 at 11:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
Mr. Bile,
You have to be the biggest racist, homophob idiot on this board...and that's saying something...but not to worry JC43 is running a close second.

What in the hell has a fact (like homos are sick) to do with racists? Or are all gays born with white skin??? What to do with homophob:?::?::?: And having an opinion based on facts makes a man an idiot???????
Only those who are posting like idiots are idiots.
Remember Forrest Gump: Stupid is who stupid does. The quote above is Forrest Gump`s statement in perfection :fire: Period.

JC43 - 9-26-2016 at 11:26 PM

[

Without any doubt, each an every human - boy or girl - is born "normal" without any sexual intention or feelings or whats-so-ever. Correct so far?
Now comes this certain age where `feelings´develop.
And exactly at that point in life this certain bend in the brain is taking the wrong curve. That`s all. Just a wrong curve in the brain. Gays are not created by nature. (Nature is smarter) They are not born. They are having only a wrong gene or kinda like a brain damage as that certain curve bummed against the shell. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

JC43 - 9-26-2016 at 11:34 PM

That we got it straight:::::: I like gays! (They don`t take any girl away from me. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: )
But on the other hand, if you are a religious guy: God created Adam and Eve --- not Adam and Steve

redhilltown - 9-27-2016 at 01:03 AM

JC...Billl...boys...c'mon. You have spent so much time talking about da gays... ********...buggering...obviously it is IMPORTANT to you (I thought Bill would enjoy my all caps...a wordsmith like himself can appreciate such artistry). We all ASSUME (more caps for Bill) you are straight with a serious interest in HOMOSEXUAL UN-NATURAL culture...but lest we all forget Felix Unger and that FABULOUS episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEP1acj29-Y

JC...you can't write...it is difficult to even read your gibberish...Bill on the other hand is many things, but not stupid. I see a budding relationship here! You can meet and gaze into each other's eyes...long for the past...gym class...Bill can be your MENTOR.

Thusly, I pronounce you Man and...(well)... MAN!!!!

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by BajaNomad]

mtgoat666 - 9-27-2016 at 05:45 AM

[

Without any doubt, each an every human - boy or girl - is born "normal" without any sexual intention or feelings or whats-so-ever. Correct so far?
Now comes this certain age where `feelings´develop.
And exactly at that point in life this certain bend in the brain is taking the wrong curve. That`s all. Just a wrong curve in the brain. Gays are not created by nature. (Nature is smarter) They are not born. They are having only a wrong gene or kinda like a brain damage as that certain curve bummed against the shell. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

You weren't born prejudiced, your parents and poor upbringing made you that way.

What's NEWS ?

MrBillM - 9-27-2016 at 08:56 AM

Is What's INTERESTING.

Or, at least, Fodder for having Fun, anyway.

I NEVER bring ANY of these subjects up, but as they do come up, either in the news media or the Nomad universe, I enjoy the opportunity to contribute constructive (destructive ?) criticism framed in sardonic wit.

At present, it appears that the various permutations of the odd inhabitants of the LGTBQRPSVCK (or whatever) cult are a hot news item and, consequently, appropriate for playful positing.

I simply take up what's up front and HOT.

IF some other social subject was HOT, like the Retard Olympics OR (?), I'd happily deride same.

In the spirit of good, clean FUN, of course.

I try not to discriminate in my contempt for the oddities of society.

JC43 - 9-27-2016 at 08:59 AM

@ redhilltown
Would you please keep in mind that English is not my nature tong!
Next question: Are you capable to speak more than one language??? I mean YOU!
I can write in English (more or less good) I can write in French. I can write in German.
If you speak three languages you are multi-lingual. If you speak two languages you are bi-lingual.
If you speak one language you are an American.
Now, what is your criticism about?

redhilltown - 9-27-2016 at 04:32 PM

@ redhilltown
I can write in English (more or less good) I can write in French. I can write in German.
If you speak three languages you are multi-lingual. If you speak two languages you are bi-lingual.

Well THAT, I do apologize for. And the Americans put down is actually pretty damn funny (even if not really true). When you are not spouting idiotic hurtful nonsense and ridiculous theories that have no basis in fact, maybe you are an ok guy.

Ateo - 9-27-2016 at 04:55 PM

Personal opinions never killed anyone. Why blame other's weaknesses on Mr. Bill?

You are disgustingly wrong on this Dennis. Google is your friend. Look up the stats on teen suicide. People bully gay youth to extreme levels and kids kill themselves because of it. Your words (and Bill's) above are part of the problem.

Ateo - 9-27-2016 at 05:11 PM

Here's some info from Wikipedia:

Numerous studies have shown that lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth have a higher rate of suicide attempts than do heterosexual youth. The Suicide Prevention Resource Center synthesized these studies and estimated that between 30 and 40% of LGBT youth, depending on age and sex groups, have attempted suicide.

Researchers have found that attempted suicide rates and suicidal ideation among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQQ) youth is comparatively higher than among the general population.[1][2][3][4][5][6] LGBT teens and young adults have one of the highest rates of suicide attempts.[7][8] According to some groups, this is linked to heterocentric cultures and institutionalised homophobia in some cases, including the use of rights and protections for LGBT people as a political wedge issue like in the contemporary efforts to halt legalising same-sex marriages.[9][10][11] Depression and drug use among LGBT people have both been shown to increase significantly after new laws that discriminate against gay people are passed.[12]

Research on completed suicides in sexual minorities is preliminary. Members of the LGBT community have higher rates of all-cause mortality, and those living in areas with a higher degree of social stigma towards homosexuality tend to complete suicide at a younger age.[13]

Bullying of LGBT youth has been shown to be a contributing factor in many suicides, even if not all of the attacks have been specifically addressing sexuality or gender.[14] Since a series of suicides in the early 2000s, more attention has been focused on the issues and underlying causes in an effort to reduce suicides among LGBTQ youth. The Family Acceptance Project's research has demonstrated that "parental acceptance, and even neutrality, with regard to a child's sexual orientation" can bring down the attempted suicide rate.[7] Suicidal ideation and attempts seem to be roughly the same for heterosexual youth as for youth counterparts who have same-sex attractions and behavior but do not identify as being LGBTQ.[15] This correlates with the findings of a large survey of US adults that found higher rates of "mood and anxiety disorders, key risk factors for suicidal behavior," are linked to people who identify as gay, lesbian, and bisexual, rather than sexual behaviors, especially for men.[16]

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by Ateo]

Nature Weeding out the Weak ?

MrBillM - 9-27-2016 at 05:20 PM

Call it Darwinian ?

Youth who can't handle Life are better off Leaving.

It just gets tougher as you get older.

redhilltown - 9-27-2016 at 05:58 PM

Oh Bill...there you go again.

Now I wish I could write you a melody so plain
That could hold you dear lady from going insane
That could ease you and cool you and cease the pain
Of your useless and pointless knowledge

DENNIS - 9-27-2016 at 06:33 PM

That's a load of crap, Jon. Words are powerless until the fragile mind accepts them as powerful. Are your mentioned victims that weak?
Anyway, screw all that semantic nonsense for a moment and point out what I said that has you offended. Is your quote above all you got? Shallow....empty. Perhaps their roll model parents should be taken to task for failing to guide their children with a bit of gender identity. you know...don't buy Spike anymore Barbie Dolls.

Seriously ?

MrBillM - 9-27-2016 at 08:05 PM

I have NEVER understood why anyone would concern themselves with those who kill themselves for no REAL "legitimate" reason.

Realizing that there IS (sometimes) a valid justification such as an incurable and/or intensely painful physical illness and there are also those with a mental illness which drives them to do so, it seems that the discussion is about weak-willed (wimps ?) who just can't handle the stresses of their own lifestyle.

Clearly, the odds are against that person/persons EVER successfully navigating through life so (perhaps) they're better off gone.

And, no one should be bothered by it.

"If you can't live with yourself..................DON'T !"

mtgoat666 - 9-27-2016 at 08:35 PM

@ redhilltown

So you can spew hate and ignorance in 3 languages, Dennis can do it in maybe 2 languages, and mr bill can do it in 1 language.
Luckily, y'all are old and short for this work, and no one listens to you old farts.

willardguy - 9-27-2016 at 08:43 PM

alright! all the great minds have amassed here for a subject they can all really get behind! ;)

Confucius SAY .........................

MrBillM - 9-27-2016 at 09:02 PM

Or, maybe it was Charlie Chan.

To Birmingham ?

"A Butterfly flapping it's wings in China has more effect than all the flatulence voiced here".

Or, something like that.

I think.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by MrBillM]

JC43 - 9-27-2016 at 09:45 PM

and now this: A baby is born in Mexico with three genetic parents.
A woman had the so called Leigh Syndrom. A mitochondrion was taken before fertile. The core with the Leigh Syndrom has been removed. And a new healthy core implanted into the mitochondrion.
Later in the lab the semen of the father was implanted into the fertile mitochondrion.
Under the supervision of a US Scientist a team of Mexican scientists did the job. U.S.Supervisor was John Zhang who works at the New Hope Fertility Center in New York.
The British Magazine `New Scientist´ reported this today.

Now what about the headline of this thread?

motoged - 9-27-2016 at 11:30 PM

There are certainly some deplorables on this thread spouting cretinous views ...

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by motoged]

redhilltown - 9-28-2016 at 12:17 AM

With apologies to cretins everywhere...

Mexitron - 9-28-2016 at 05:50 AM

As far as homosexuality being "unnatural", here's a list of the animals, reptiles, and birds known to partake--it appears that same sex bonding of one type or another is indeed part of the natural world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_hom...

I'm afraid the old testament/Abrahamic traditions has misguided the Judeo/Christian/Islam ethos for too long.

DENNIS - 9-28-2016 at 07:19 AM

So you can spew hate and ignorance in 3 languages, Dennis can do it in maybe 2 languages, and mr bill can do it in 1 language.
Luckily, y'all are old and short for this work, and no one listens to you old farts.

I'm not being hateful or ignorant. I only repel from having any lifestyle, alternate or routine, forced upon me as something I have to accept. I also exercise a freedom to choose.
Why can't all people be content with having a bit of privacy in their lives, as well as respecting that of others?

DENNIS - 9-28-2016 at 07:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  
As far as homosexuality being "unnatural", here's a list of the animals, reptiles, and birds known to partake--it appears that same sex bonding of one type or another is indeed part of the natural world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_hom...

=======================

Not buyin' any of it. Creature companionship other than human, is unrestricted by social mores that are part of an advanced species.
Gay bugs? Queer fish? Pure BS.

wessongroup - 9-28-2016 at 07:49 AM

"Bagemihl's research shows that homosexual behavior, not necessarily sex"

That is a significant difference, "behavior" opposed to sexual reproduction and/or sexual contact

Agree that "morality" is restricted to human beings ...

Interesting discussion ... I'm in the live and let live group on this one and what consenting adults do behind closed doors is there own business ... providing it does not detramentally effect others

SFandH - 9-28-2016 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

Agree that "morality" is restricted to human beings ...

I'm not sure the ability to distinguish between right and wrong is limited to homosapiens. I think people give other higher ordered animals' mental capacity too little credit.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by SFandH]

wessongroup - 9-28-2016 at 08:43 AM

"a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society."

Given that definition ... It would appear to apply to only the human species :):)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality

SFandH - 9-28-2016 at 08:49 AM

There are animal societies and the word "person" isn't limited to humans.

Also what is understood to be true today by the majority of people, "ain't necessarily so".

For example, not long ago people thought there were multiple gods, now most believe in one god. That belief is moving in the right direction.

Animals with a moral compass:

http://www.livescience.com/24800-animals-emotions-morality.h...

JoeJustJoe - 9-28-2016 at 09:00 AM

I'm not being hateful or ignorant. I only repel from having any lifestyle, alternate or routine, forced upon me as something I have to accept. I also exercise a freedom to choose.
Why can't all people be content with having a bit of privacy in their lives, as well as respecting that of others?

Oh no not the argument that they, (gays) are forcing their lifestyle, down your throat.

That sounds so gay, and forceful!

I don't know where you hang out Dennis, but don't watch, and don't let them force anything down your throat, that you really don't desire to be shoved down your throat.

Now from time to time, there are LGBT gay pride marches, and they can get pretty risque and rowdy. But my advice is don't watch these gay pride events, and really it's about LGBT civil rights, and helping others LGBT people to feel good about themselves.

Now occasionally you might be see a same-sex couple kissing in places like an airport, and if that really bothers you, then perhaps it''s you that has the problem.

SFandH - 9-28-2016 at 09:06 AM

Naw, it's all about non-discrimination, equal rights. How you "feel" about a particular lifestyle doesn't make any difference.

It's the main principle of the republic:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

------------------------------

I hope this puts an end to this inane argument, mostly started by JC43's illogic that homosexuality is a sickness because same sex couples don't procreate.

Lots of hetersexuals don't procreate either and there is no sickness involved, it's a matter of choice.

Queer Questions

MrBillM - 9-28-2016 at 09:54 AM

An enlightened view IS that it's perfectly reasonable to "assume" (as once supported and promoted by even Queer advocates) that there is a neurological "difference" [defect ?] accounting for Homosexual tendencies and behavior both in Humans and other Animal species.

It was, in FACT, those advocates who initially promoted that explanation.

Which is not to say that they should be denied any legal status because of their defective nature.

On the contrary, it has been policy for a long time now to assure that the defectives among us are guaranteed their rights.

While still recognizing that they ARE defective.

SFandH - 9-28-2016 at 09:57 AM

Thanks for your opinion. And I know your idea of defective people goes far beyond homosexuals.

Some may think you're defective, but of course you don't.

motoged - 9-28-2016 at 10:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
With apologies to cretins everywhere...

RH,
Yes, my apologies.... I didn't mean to lower the status of cretins with my comment.

As for "difference".....some people see those who are different as inferior or abnormal.....it's a way to manage their dissonance while making themselves the "norm".

Kinda like the old white male privilege thing....folks feeling usurped by the presence of those who don't fit in the rut of "normalcy".

As for polytheism vs monotheism....I wonder if the cultures that saw the gods managing (creating a narrative about) their experience were as likely to war with neighboring cultures in defense of their beliefs than monotheistic cultures...."whose god is the best one?". As religions are belief systems that guide individuals and cultures with rules for conduct (and on occasion helpful in developing a sense of spirituality ["spirituality: one's sense of connectedness with other"]), it is natural that such belief systems change over time....as they adapt and grow due to their inherent value, or die due to their inflexibility and static nature.

Our developing world is morphing rapidly as we are exposed to such differences made evident through the technologies that spread information....the human mind may not "expand" rapidly enough for some to adapt to this exposure to new information regardng those differences... and as some have said in this thread....the Darwinian theory suggests that those who are not adaptive will die off.

[Edited on 9-28-2016 by motoged]

Pages:  1