BajaNomad

SCORE rosarito desert challenge

willardguy - 9-19-2016 at 05:15 PM

soooo....anyone race,spectate??? I wandered around thursday's tech and the town was on fire! but didn't bother to go down and watch :( anyone go?

Udo - 9-19-2016 at 05:39 PM

More than likely no Nomads showed up.

I'm hoping some Nomads show up for the TEQUILA EXPO next month in TJ at the fronton Palacio.

BornFisher - 9-19-2016 at 08:26 PM

Well Sat I had to go to Primo Tapia to fix a flat. Had breakfast while tire was patched. Tried to go to race, but as I wasn`t credentialed, was turned back (guy asked for 3 beers). Went to segunda viewing to the south side of the canyon, but couldn`t see much. Returned at 5, was waived in no prob, watched about 15 guys finish. Quite the scene. Then decided to take my FJ Cruiser on the course to check it out. Made it about 3 miles. WOW!!! Those guys turned those roads to dust and silt and deep ruts. Don`t know what it will take to restore them (rain and time?).

Sunday, again about 5, coming back from Ensenada. About 1/3 of Saturday`s action. Motorcycle day, people hanging out, news crews filming, helicopters in the air, but just did a drive by so I can`t give a report.

However I did find a great T-shirt that has the best map of the area I`ve ever seen. $14.
Hope it was a successful event and they return next year because I missed the town on fire!! But I did make it to the Primo Tapia Rodeo on Friday jajaja!!!