BajaNomad

This is a test of posting a photo

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 08:15 AM

rts551 - 9-25-2016 at 08:17 AM

Did you see this big cat on the 23 miles of dirt on 5?

2nd test but smaller

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 08:18 AM

3rd test @ 350 X 262

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 08:25 AM

David K - 9-25-2016 at 08:28 AM

You got it Howard!
Ralph missed that you posted in a non-Baja forum.

This is a lot of work!

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 08:31 AM

It's only 8:27 in So. Cal. and I need a siesta after taxing my brain to do these photos.

You just had to add fuel to my mental fire by bringing up that damn highway 5! I guess I'm just a wussy amongst you men when it comes to trying to preserve my camper! :biggrin:

Hey David, does this meet with your approval or do I still have work to do? :))

David K - 9-25-2016 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
It's only 8:27 in So. Cal. and I need a siesta after taxing my brain to do these photos.

You just had to add fuel to my mental fire by bringing up that damn highway 5! I guess I'm just a wussy amongst you men when it comes to trying to preserve my camper! :biggrin:

Hey David, does this meet with your approval or do I still have work to do? :))

There should be NO work Howard! Just FUN!!

All of your photos meets the Nomad (not mine) photo size limit of 800 pixels wide.

AS YOU DID on the first photo above, just click on the 800 pixel UPLOAD size OPTION... and from then on, all the photos you upload to Photobucket will fit on Nomad and not stretch the screen wide.

rts551 - 9-25-2016 at 10:26 AM

Now I know that baja related questions are not allowed in this forum. Knowing how you love that dirt road, Howard, I could not help myself.

JZ - 9-25-2016 at 11:10 AM

Can we just go ahead and name DK the official photo size cop. Seems to be his life-long dream.

From one who has never posted a photo

AKgringo - 9-25-2016 at 11:36 AM

I appreciate the effort many folks make to post pictures sized to work in this forum. I travel with a small laptop (13 inch screen) and with my increasingly poor vision, I need to zoom in to at least 125% to read the text.

When someone posts an oversize photo to a thread, all posts get stretched to that width, and I have to scroll side to side to view photos or read the text.

I promise I will learn how to add photos correctly before my next trip (late October), then I can complain righteously if I have to keep scrolling or reduce my screen size!

ncampion - 9-25-2016 at 11:55 AM

I think now that Howard is so good at it, I'll just send him all my photos to post for me. Is that good with you Howard?
If I could only get him to use Facebook.........

rts551 - 9-25-2016 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
I think now that Howard is so good at it, I'll just send him all my photos to post for me. Is that good with you Howard?

I thought years ago that the issue of photos was going to be fixed so that direct posting could be accomplished. Some have the patience to upload 1000's of photos. I don't....I guess I could send mine to Howard as well....Hey Howard I have a tire track to post...can you help me out?

David K - 9-25-2016 at 03:09 PM

Doug was only able to modify the Nomad hosted photos from 50 kbs to 250 (I think it is) and allow multiple photos from that.

Getting larger file photos to the max is still an issue for some. I still find the service used by Baja Nomads like Shari as win win.... that being:

Photobucket.com, and it is so easy, once you set the upload options to 800 or 640, and you can enhance and add to them, as well. I posted the steps in the Nomad Photo forum, first post.

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 09:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  

What are you talking about? Almost every day I sign on to My Face!

Howard - 9-25-2016 at 09:09 PM

Now I know that baja related questions are not allowed in this forum. Knowing how you love that dirt road, Howard, I could not help myself.

How dare you hi-jack this very important thread? Just for the sake of having fun at my expense? OK, OK I will forgive you this one time for poking fun. :biggrin:

Howard

rts551 - 9-26-2016 at 07:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  

How dare you hi-jack this very important thread? Just for the sake of having fun at my expense? OK, OK I will forgive you this one time for poking fun. :biggrin:

Howard

Well I mentioned the cat..:( and it bumped your post :D and got the attention of the forum policeman :lol:

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 10:28 AM

Can some give a review on photo posting. I have the photo on photobucket but can't remember how to get it uploaded to BajaNomad. And I've done it before too.

David K - 10-5-2016 at 10:49 AM

From the first post in the Nomad Baja Photo Gallery forum:

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

UPDATED FEB. 2014

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 11:38 AM

I've done it before. I think something changed in Photobucket.
Please walk me through it.
I am on Photobucket. I am on the "Recent Upload" page. I see the photo I want. I can select it. Now what?

ncampion - 10-5-2016 at 12:18 PM

Keep in mind that you can only post "links" by selecting the "Post Reply" button in the lower right below the last post or by using the "Quote"
button. That gives you access to the buttons that allow you to link photos, websites etc.

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 12:20 PM

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/fishbuck/media/Mobile%20Uploads/147565335463315887922081.jpg.html?filters[user]=70849688&filters[recent]=1&so rt=1&o=0

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 12:38 PM

http://s285.photobucket.com/user/fishbuck/media/Mobile%20Upl...

shari - 10-5-2016 at 01:04 PM

I for one appreciate the help David gives many Nomads on photo posting as it is a bit tricky at first...but we all love to see photos...I sincerely believe David is just trying to help....unlike others who just criticize.

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 01:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I for one appreciate the help David gives many Nomads on photo posting as it is a bit tricky at first...but we all love to see photos...I sincerely believe David is just trying to help....unlike others who just criticize.

What did I do wrong here Shari? Why doesn't my photo open directly to the post?

David K - 10-5-2016 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
http://s285.photobucket.com/user/fishbuck/media/Mobile%20Upl...

Copy and paste the IMG link on your Photobucket page...
as it says above:
Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

[Edited on 10-5-2016 by David K]

fishbuck - 10-5-2016 at 07:37 PM

"Copy and paste the IMG link on your Photobucket page..."

For some reason I can not find that on Photobucket. Although I have found it in the past.

del mar - 10-5-2016 at 08:24 PM

yeah, and anyone know how to get windows10 photos over to photobucket????ay carrumba :?:

David K - 10-6-2016 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
"Copy and paste the IMG link on your Photobucket page..."

For some reason I can not find that on Photobucket. Although I have found it in the past.

When I click on the link YOU posted here for the photo, I get right to the photo...

Here is the IMG link (just click your mouse on it and it is automatically copied to paste on the Nomad page)...

David K - 10-6-2016 at 09:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
yeah, and anyone know how to get windows10 photos over to photobucket????ay carrumba :?:

They are in my steps, no different than Windows 7, for me.

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

SFandH - 10-6-2016 at 01:36 PM

thought i'd give it a try from my cloud drive

the community is Posada Concepcion on Bahia Concepcion, you can see how shallow the bay is in front of the houses. The faint dark blue line running out perpendicular from the beach in the middle of the bay is the channel that has been dredged for boats. In the distance is Playa Santispac.

santispac.jpg - 31kB

[Edited on 10-6-2016 by SFandH]

SFandH - 10-6-2016 at 01:38 PM

fishbuck

your link doesn't specify a file, maybe that's the problem.

fishbuck - 10-6-2016 at 07:18 PM

I am trying to post the photo from my smartphone ( Galaxy Note4) and have done it before but I don't get the "IMG" URL menu selection this time.
But I"ll keep trying. Might need to try using a pc or laptop.

fishbuck - 10-7-2016 at 12:55 AM

This is a test photo.

[Edited on 10-7-2016 by fishbuck]

David K - 10-7-2016 at 08:22 AM

I think you got it, Mike! :bounce:

Bajazly - 10-7-2016 at 08:47 AM

Why can't it just be easy to post pics?

Click upload, choose the file and hit upload. It really should and could be that easy with auto sizing to the sites specification to boot.

del mar - 10-7-2016 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Click upload, choose the file and hit upload. It really should and could be that easy with auto sizing to the sites specification to boot.

im convinced nothing can ever be easy :?: I got the photobucket thing down but no idea how to post multiple pix?

David K - 10-7-2016 at 03:34 PM

im convinced nothing can ever be easy :?: I got the photobucket thing down but no idea how to post multiple pix?

If you got it down, just post the links one under the other... double space between links.

Here are three photos, [with a space added in the links after jpeg to prevent the picture from working in this example]...

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4275.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4278.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4277.jpg [/IMG]

OK... now here are the three IMG links (no space added to the link address)

Bajazly - 10-7-2016 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

If you got it down, just post the links one under the other... double space between links.

Here are three photos, [with a space added in the links after jpeg to prevent the picture from working in this example]...

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4275.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4278.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/DavidKier/2016%20Baja%20Extreme/IMG_4277.jpg [/IMG]

No, I mean easy. Not going thru photo bucket, not copy and paste, not getting the right spaces or none, no secret handshake, just click the photo on your hard drive or phone and wowy zowy, the pic uploads for all to see.

Think Craigslist add photo posting. Take a picture of what ever you are selling, click upload and it's done.

David K - 10-7-2016 at 07:55 PM

Oh, you see that requires this website to upgrade... and Doug has his hands full with enough already... He did a major upgrade a few years ago, sadly we lost a bunch of posted photos from the first years of Nomad, and the only improvement here was for those who don't bother to learn the photo hosting methods by allowing photos to be bigger than 50 kbs (the original size limit).

I think we are lucky that Doug is maintaining Nomad for our entertainment and education, after fourteen years now... We can ask him to upgrade again so it is like other forums that auto re-size the too big photos, but it really is so easy to just do the Photobucket process I have outlined a bunch.