BajaNomad

Mulege & la Hacienda

C205Driver - 10-4-2016 at 05:24 PM

... Apparently Mulege is now coming out of summer hibernation & awaiting the inflow of tourists as many of the clothing & gift shops opened on Tuesday... We stopped @ Claudias & Mikes shop & got a T-Shirt for a friend back home....( They used to operate a dive shop there .. Sold to someone..... No more dive shop in Mulege since 5? Years ago)...All the eateries are open... La Hacienda hotel was fairly busy with nationals & gringos; good A/C, clean room, fresh morning coffee, pool & enclosed courtyard & fast wifi... Ciro speaks good English & was very helpful when questions were asked...Did I mention the pool was delightful when it was hot?...About $25 a night it is a BARGAIN,!!... Also within walking distance o most eateries in Mulege.... I would also say roads seem to be getting better down here.....Back at Villa Vitta with my wine & wonderful wife & friends sitting by the pool...Life continues to be good....

AKgringo - 10-4-2016 at 05:33 PM

Nice to hear a report from the brighter side of life! That sounds like my kind of place, but could you check to see if a 75 pound dog would be welcome there?

I appreciate any info you can share, and thanks for your time.

C205Driver - 10-4-2016 at 05:54 PM

AK.... Someone else asked same question and Ciro said dogs are welcome... Cute cat resides there name of Petunia... SHORT walk to grocery store for beer, yogurt, fruit, alcohol, ice, & IF NEEDED, aspirin...... My friend just asked " wonder what the po folks are doing "... Guess I ain't rich but happy I ain't po.... Crowds have yet to arrive....

AKgringo - 10-4-2016 at 06:00 PM

Thanks for a quick reply! I think I asked on another thread about dogs there, but don't recall the answer if there was one.

My girl is currently going through 'cat trials' right now, because I have a guest that travels with two cats. So far it is working well, especially with cats that stand their ground!

shari - 10-4-2016 at 06:18 PM

We LOVE the Hacienda too...it's our go to hotel in Mulege!

mulegemichael - 10-4-2016 at 06:55 PM

Shari; your "go to" hotel should be Casa Reichner as the price is right....like....free....we can arrange that even when we arent there...ok?....be back down in late this month.

BigBearRider - 10-4-2016 at 08:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
... Apparently Mulege is now coming out of summer hibernation & awaiting the inflow of tourists as many of the clothing & gift shops opened on Tuesday... We stopped @ Claudias & Mikes shop & got a T-Shirt for a friend back home....( They used to operate a dive shop there .. Sold to someone..... No more dive shop in Mulege since 5? Years ago)...All the eateries are open... La Hacienda hotel was fairly busy with nationals & gringos; good A/C, clean room, fresh morning coffee, pool & enclosed courtyard & fast wifi... Ciro speaks good English & was very helpful when questions were asked...Did I mention the pool was delightful when it was hot?...About $25 a night it is a BARGAIN,!!... Also within walking distance o most eateries in Mulege.... I would also say roads seem to be getting better down here.....Back at Villa Vitta with my wine & wonderful wife & friends sitting by the pool...Life continues to be good....

The dive shop closed last year. Unfortunate. Is your friend Mick?

I just went diving in Loreto over the weekend. It was amazing.