BajaNomad

Boat registration in Baja Sur

BigBearRider - 10-18-2016 at 08:26 AM

I have a boat in BCS. It was bought there new by a previous owner many years ago, and has never left.

I have noticed that some boats have registration stickers. Do I need to get one? If so, how do I go about doing so?

Martyman - 10-19-2016 at 01:39 PM

Lot's of threads on how to do this. Easy on-line.

BigBearRider - 10-20-2016 at 01:48 PM

I failed to find any such threads. Lots of info on TIPs, but this is a Mexican boat.

Fernweh - 10-20-2016 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
I have a boat in BCS. It was bought there new by a previous owner many years ago, and has never left.

I have noticed that some boats have registration stickers. Do I need to get one? If so, how do I go about doing so?

Being La Paz, I had to go the Capitan of the Harbour, to get the "Certificado de Matricula".
Lots of paperworks, original invoice for the boat, original invoice for the motor, La Protocolizacion of all documents by a Notaria Publica, and so on.

This was the way not only to purchase a Mexican boat, but also to have it registered here in La Paz.

BigBearRider - 10-20-2016 at 03:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  

Being La Paz, I had to go the Capitan of the Harbour, to get the "Certificado de Matricula".
Lots of paperworks, original invoice for the boat, original invoice for the motor, La Protocolizacion of all documents by a Notaria Publica, and so on.

This was the way not only to purchase a Mexican boat, but also to have it registered here in La Paz.

Thanks, Karl.

Fernweh - 10-20-2016 at 05:45 PM

I love PC......just drove by a couple days ago.

BigBearRider - 10-20-2016 at 05:50 PM

Why would you drive by then?

I had to look up the meaning of the name of your boat. I don't understand Plattdeutsch. Very cute.

Fernweh - 10-21-2016 at 07:50 AM

Why would you drive by then?

I had to look up the meaning of the name of your boat. I don't understand Plattdeutsch. Very cute.

It was too early, and I did not wanted to screw up Russ's sunrise picture...

So I took my own:)

Just a few people here know Plattdeutsch, but the Capitan liked it.