BajaNomad

Blood testing in Mulege area

fourninerpapa - 10-23-2016 at 08:34 AM

We have a friend who wants to visit with us this winter in the Mulege area. She takes blood thinner medication that requires blood testing weekly.
Does anyone in the Mulege area know if the test can be done in Mulege and if so about how much it costs.
Thanks,
Norm

DENNIS - 10-23-2016 at 08:45 AM

I used to get levels tests in Ensenada. Pretty common, I think. Don't know about Mulege
Anyway.. perhaps she could talk with her Doc and get changed over to Pradaxa. No levels tests required.

Russ - 10-23-2016 at 09:23 AM

Ask at the Mulege clinic where it can be done for the specific test. For sure in Santa Rosalia.

Justbozo - 10-23-2016 at 01:22 PM

There is a lab on the east side of the highway almost across from Ice House road. I think the building is yellow.
They draw blood there and run basic tests on site. More complicated tests are prepped and sent to Santa Rosalia.
They will even email the results to your doctor in the states for you.
Very accommodating service. I know of them coming out to your car to make the draw.
I have not used the lab myself, but know of several that have. Never heard a complaint, including cost.

Bob and Susan - 10-23-2016 at 03:35 PM

this is the place

blood.jpg - 81kB

Justbozo - 10-23-2016 at 06:11 PM

Thanks for the mapping!

I'm not to that level yet.
It seems that the bay gets in the way of my tech studies!

fourninerpapa - 10-24-2016 at 08:42 AM

Thank you all for the very helpful information. Just what we were looking for.

Norm

Pescador - 10-25-2016 at 11:40 AM

The best test is Santa Rosalia, but be aware that they use a different number for Clotting time. We had to run my wife's every week when she was on Coumadin and the first result spooked us really bad until her Phlebotomist showed us the conversion. The best clinic is on 4th street about 3 blocks south of the main street.

[Edited on 10-25-2016 by Pescador]