BajaNomad

Old man and the fish

Osprey - 10-24-2016 at 07:21 AM

Lots of things old men can't do but they can still catch dinner. Here's part of yesterdays fine catch.

pargo gaff.jpg - 78kB

Udo - 10-24-2016 at 07:36 AM

Way to go, buddy!

4 days of dinner!

pauldavidmena - 10-24-2016 at 07:52 AM

Is that a red snapper on your lap, or are you just happy to see us? ;)

Seriously, congratulations on your first catch of your ninth decade. Enjoy!

BornFisher - 10-24-2016 at 07:56 AM

AWESOME!!!! You and Hemingway have lots in common!!!

redhilltown - 10-25-2016 at 11:31 PM

Pargo?

Me and Hemingway

Osprey - 10-26-2016 at 06:58 AM

Yes, it is a pargo and here's a little blurb I wrote about Hemingway.

I'm writing an outline (in my head) for a short piece about me and Hemingway. It will be about how much alike we are. Several people have compared me to him and now it's got me thinking:

1. I was almost killed in Pamplona, Alabama during the "The Running of The Toads".

2. I was once run over by an ambulance.

3. I once threw up in the Bodega Bar in Havana.

4. I wrote a short story titled "The Old Man, The Big Fish and Some Other Things"

5. I'm fat, I have a beard, I've fished for marlin.

6. While boxing in high school I was knocked cold by Denny Crisp, then the Nevada lightweight champ.

7. I once wrote "Who the flock is that bell ringing for? Don't ask me. It's probably ringing for you Bubba."

8. I was feeling depressed, lost, so I filled my squirt gun with Gatorade and shot myself in the ear.

David K - 10-26-2016 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
Yes, it is a pargo and here's a little blurb I wrote about Hemingway.

I'm writing an outline (in my head) for a short piece about me and Hemingway. It will be about how much alike we are. Several people have compared me to him and now it's got me thinking:

1. I was almost killed in Pamplona, Alabama during the "The Running of The Toads".

2. I was once run over by an ambulance.

3. I once threw up in the Bodega Bar in Havana.

4. I wrote a short story titled "The Old Man, The Big Fish and Some Other Things"

5. I'm fat, I have a beard, I've fished for marlin.

6. While boxing in high school I was knocked cold by Denny Crisp, then the Nevada lightweight champ.

7. I once wrote "Who the flock is that bell ringing for? Don't ask me. It's probably ringing for you Bubba."

8. I was feeling depressed, lost, so I filled my squirt gun with Gatorade and shot myself in the ear.

So cool Jorge, so cool!:cool: