BajaNomad

New kid on the block - La Paz - four stars

weebray - 11-3-2016 at 12:19 PM

After about three years of construction Hotel Catedral La Paz finally and quietly opened. It is located in centro on Independencia near the corner of Revolucion. The restaurant there (entry on Independencia) is a modern albeit cafeteria style business. We were pleasantly surprised by the food featuring fair prices, well prepared and attentively presented. After eating there three times it appears that it is also consistent. Not easy to find in Mexico. Try it while the chef is still there. Phone 612.129.6638/6389 cel 612.160.1229

BajaBlanca - 11-3-2016 at 12:54 PM

agujalinda recently wrote about it....or am I dreamin" ?

bajalinda - 11-3-2016 at 01:33 PM

This is a beautiful hotel - we happened to stumble upon it last week while wandering around the cathedral neighborhood. Didn't eat there, but one of the desk clerks gave me a tour of the place. Great views from the rooftop terrace and pool area. Lovely rooms. Rooms starting at $1,250 pesos with breakfast and underground parking included. That sounded really steep to me at first, but when you figure at the exchange rate these days, it's around $70USD. Will have to try the restaurant one of these days. Thanks for the review, weebray.

bajalinda - 11-3-2016 at 01:55 PM

Blanca - you're not dreaming. I put a post about it on La Paz Gringos - that's probably what you saw.