BajaNomad

Hiking in or around Mulege?

Jon jon - 2-5-2005 at 02:53 PM

I'll be in Mulege in march for a month or so. Anyone know of some good hiking in or around the area?

cristobal - 2-5-2005 at 04:32 PM

There are several ranchos above CANDELARIA and over the mountain.... which is WEST of SANTA AGUEDA .... that I was thinking about packing into on my next visit to the SANTA ROSALIA area. I hear it is about a 2 hour hike from this last rancho. A nice little elevation gain.There is no other way in .... besides BURRO or MULE. I was thinking about taking several T-SHIRTS and some candy for the kids..... OH ... and a few seeds for their gardens. I know many of the ranchers in the area .... so that makes me an instant AMIGO ..... :bounce:

There are some interesting trails into the mountains along the coast that I saw posted here a few weeks ago. I believe they were SOUTH of MULEGE.

ELGATOLOCO took the pics on a fly-by with CAPT MIKE.

MATT ... did you ever figure out where those trails up into the hills were ...???

:o:smug:;D:wow::P:P

Bruce R Leech - 2-5-2005 at 06:22 PM

Any where in the Serra to the west of Mulege you can find anything you want from rock climbing to exploring oases. some of the most Beautiful hiking in the world and the nicest people.

west of Mulege

Sharksbaja - 2-5-2005 at 07:22 PM

how far can one drive?