BajaNomad

San Felipe golf

bajalou - 2-5-2005 at 10:58 PM

There must be some Nomads with a golf intrest as there's a whole forum for it. I have never played myself and probably never will but I have been asked by a few Nomads about the new 18 hole course in San Felipe. So I checked with them and here's the sooop.

The El Dorado development on the east side of Mex 5, La Vantana del Mar course had a grand opening in Sept with the govenor of Baja Calif and the usual dignitaries in attendence.
The schedule now is that the course will have a grand opening for 18 hole play for ranch residents on Apr 1-2-3 and open for public play on April 4th.
The rates are for 18 holes and include a cart.
Residents M-Th $66, F-S-S $75
Non residents M-Th $88, F-S-S $97

They'll probably have some promotion deals the first week or so.

The alternative of course is the sand course at Pete's Camp -

:biggrin:

The sand course at Pete's

bajapablo - 2-6-2005 at 09:46 PM

was great. No need for a tee time. No greens fees, nothing but me, a friend, some o'douls and a memorable experience. We got some good pictures, some funny video, and I actually shot a pretty good round. That el dorado course seems to pricey for me. I will stick to golfing at pete's. Thanks for the info Bajalou. I was hoping for $25Dollar greens fees like you can get here in St. George in the heat of the summer. But, alas, the price of tourism keeps going up.

the picture of me and my bare butt

bajapablo - 2-6-2005 at 09:49 PM

staring off into the horizon after hitting a great shot off this little piece of fake grass out into baja desert is most memorable. :lol::lol:

bajalou - 2-6-2005 at 10:04 PM

Who knows, the heat of summer might make things different here too.

:biggrin:

bancoduo - 3-23-2006 at 02:02 PM

Is the course made from astroturf :P:P:no::no:

bajalou - 3-23-2006 at 02:05 PM

Nope some brackish water acceptable strain of grass. ??

bajablue - 3-29-2006 at 06:34 PM

thank you Lou. I am a golf freak and appreciate the reoprt. Look forward to playing there some day...

tehag - 3-29-2006 at 08:15 PM

For the golf freaks out there.

http://www.loretogolf.net