BajaNomad

Bahia Asuncion Fishing Report mid November

shari - 11-16-2016 at 02:59 PM

There have been good days and bad days fishing in our area the last week...a crap shoot! Some days when there are lots of pelagic red crabs, the fish are full and not biting...other days the bite is OK....some wahoo some days...others none...dorado are a pain when fishing for other species as you have to get by them to get to deeper fish. Calico fishing, white fish etc is pretty good and the weather is fantastic with air temps in the 80's and water temps still in the low 70's. Here are some fish and fishers from this week who some of you will recognize.

Bajaboy - 11-16-2016 at 03:34 PM

Shari you're the first person I've heard complain about catching dorado:light:

shari - 11-16-2016 at 05:36 PM

last weeks fishers wanted wahoo and yellowtail so when small dorado kept taking the lure...well..they just dont want to wast time hooking and releasing them while trying for bigger fish...makes sense to me.

redhilltown - 11-17-2016 at 12:51 AM

If that is a slow week, I'm all in!!!!! :bounce:

shari - 11-18-2016 at 11:50 AM

We have been so spoiled here with fall fishing...used to be nearly all anglers had their limits in a couple hours of nice size yellowtail but things are different this year...who knows why...maybe the fishing coops catching all the bait fish? fish full of red crabs? coop pangas fishing the hot spots more?

but it is still a fishy place...and beautiful to boot!

redhilltown - 11-19-2016 at 12:33 AM

Looking at your pics Shari from here in downtown Long Beach, a one pound calico would seem like heaven. (could probably step outside my door and go a few hundred yards and catch one...but it might be glowing with god knows what!).

BajaWarrior - 11-19-2016 at 06:52 AM

My buddy Dave is the guy in the Red shirt, second photo, he's been down to fish with Juan twice in the past month and I know the chick in the last photo!

DSC02676_zps2lvw3ick.jpg - 120kB

shari - 11-19-2016 at 07:34 AM

Hey Warrior...long time no see amigo! Yeah Dave was pretty stoked with his catch and surely loves it here in paradise!

BajaWarrior - 11-20-2016 at 05:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Hey Warrior...long time no see amigo! Yeah Dave was pretty stoked with his catch and surely loves it here in paradise!

The trip to Bahia Asuncion was the best trip to Baja for us ever.

Chris and I we're actually newlyweds at the time and were also building a new beach house for us 30 miles below San Felipe. The trip to see your corner of the world was a wind down and re-charge for us.

The plan is to get back over there sometime, especially because Chris wants more of those large Pismo clam shells with the button holes drilled into them that we found South of you. We only took enough to make a large wind chime. I'll tell you, when that thing starts making noise, you got problems!

Thanks again!

shari - 11-20-2016 at 06:45 AM

What a great idea for those holey clams! Send me a photo of the wind chimes she made! We look forward to your next visit whenever you get down...maybe your anniversary?

Greyhound boys

DawnPatrol - 11-21-2016 at 11:41 AM

Hi Shari.... Alan here
sorry to jump the thread
sending you email on whale majic to confirm the dates we are coming down
Thanks in advance
I have U2d also

NICE wahoo!!

[Edited on 11-21-2016 by DawnPatrol]