BajaNomad

Pompano

Pages:  1  

Bubba - 11-27-2016 at 11:15 AM

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask this but has anyone heard from Roger? I always enjoyed his posts, pictures and stories. I hope he is okay.

DENNIS - 11-27-2016 at 11:31 AM

He's been AWOL for a while now. Anyone remember his last name? Maybe some research can be done.

Barry A. - 11-27-2016 at 11:36 AM

I too have been wondering.

cliffh - 11-27-2016 at 12:17 PM

I miss his great stories and photos, hope all is well

chuckie - 11-27-2016 at 02:35 PM

I got an email from him...a year ago? He was building a new cabin, and having some health problems...I'll send one off and see what I can find out...

BajaBlanca - 11-27-2016 at 06:32 PM

I hope he is fishing in an awesome place somewhere!

His posts were amazing and are really missed.

Bubba - 11-27-2016 at 07:11 PM

Yes, Roger always had good posts and pics about his travels. I know he had some medical issues and am hoping he he well. If anyone has information on how he's doing it would be appreciated.

Bubba - 11-27-2016 at 07:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I got an email from him...a year ago? He was building a new cabin, and having some health problems...I'll send one off and see what I can find out...

Appreciate it, thank you.

woody with a view - 11-27-2016 at 07:45 PM

That guy is my hero! He did it his way......

DENNIS - 11-27-2016 at 07:53 PM

Well....his way and copilot's way. :light:

chuckie - 11-27-2016 at 08:09 PM

I sent him an email a while ago...Didn't bounce so must still be an active address.....

Bubba - 11-28-2016 at 08:26 AM

I sent him an email a while ago...Didn't bounce so must still be an active address.....

Great, thank you.

Don Jorge - 11-28-2016 at 08:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Pretty easy to live a massive lifestyle when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth and never had to work a day in your life! His cradle robbing was amusing. What did he call his gold diggers, copilots?

You are dead wrong Mr. Mtgoat. Pompano was born with a golden heart, a radio voice and storytelling abilities but no silver spoon.

What is work? Is it work picking rocks off of acres of fields for a nickel a bucket for summer after summer before you were even born Mr. Goat. How about driving a combine back in the day after day on a hot, windy, prairie afternoon before closed cabs Mr Goat. Is that a days work? Ever drove an overloaded sugar beet truck, there is no other kind btw, from the field to the pile? Is that a days work.

Sometimes health, money and time intersect at the perfect moment. How one chooses to spend those good fortunes is a personal decision. If you don't like someone ok, but don't make up bs.

Pompano chose to spend his moment of fortune in Baja and had a blast doing it. It was a fun ride. That ride had nothing to do with silver spoons and even less to do with never having had to work in a day in his life.

Not one of the copilots was a gold digger. Gold they had. They were looking for fun, adventure and someone with whom to share their thirst for fun and adventure.

That is work to: it is lot of work training co-pilots!:bounce:

Spoke with Pompano last month. He is officially retired now. Slowing down a bit and spending time with his family. Baja daze are over. It was fun.

DENNIS - 11-28-2016 at 08:37 AM

Maybe Bob and Susan can recall Roger's last name??

Pompano

Lobsterman - 11-28-2016 at 08:50 AM

I too miss Pompano's posts about life around the Mulege area. Especially his fishing adventures with many informative pictures and explanation of his fishing techniques. Yes, I miss them greatly. His posts guided me south of Conception Bay to bottomfish holes and areas easily found in my small boat. A good friend of mine had a place adjacent to his a few years back and told me what a wonderful and caring neighbor he was. What you saw and read in his posts was who he was.

Yes, he was born into a family with large real estate holdings, I believe in SD, and was raised hunting and fishing. He is an outdoorsman's outdoorsman who shared his knowledge with others and held us on the edge of our seats or in my case keyboard while he spun his tales.

One thing goat does not understand is that material wealth does not go with you but relationships and the love of people lasts well after you have left this earth. As is so evident in the posts on BN from admirers that keep inquiring about him.

As for goat, like with Joe, I suggest you do not even acknowledge their responses with a reply. Goat has never once offered anything positive to say that I have read, just "shoot the messenger" responses, like his troll buddy joe. Have you ever seen a post by either of them with pictures of their Baja experiences? A positive reply? Have they even ever stepped foot into Baja? As with Joe just ignore them both and their disrespectful replies and hopefully they will fade back to OT where they belong. Mums the word.

I hope Pompano is getting better so he can share some more adventures about fishing and hunting from his hometown area. That area is on my bucket list for a road trip this spring and if possible finally meeting this great man of words and adventures.

Get well Pompano. We are all waiting to hear from you again.

LancairDriver - 11-28-2016 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
That guy is my hero! He did it his way......

Pretty easy to live a massive lifestyle when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth and never had to work a day in your life!

His cradle robbing was amusing. What did he call his gold diggers, copilots?

I am one of I'm sure many, who greatly appreciated Rogers many posts and pictures sharing his forty plus years of Baja living. This has given many of us a chance to see Baja in the "Golden Years", of plentiful sea life and pristine beaches as it will never be again. Roger always stressed only taking what sea life you need for the next meal, and respecting the Baja environment. Who wouldn't be envious of a lifestyle of spending winters in Baja, and summers "up north"? How he managed this lifestyle is no ones business but his own, and certainly is no reason for criticism.
The many photos of attractive ladies in the Baja setting only enhances the experience and adds to the Baja allure. I didn't notice any who stand out as having been robbed from the cradle however.
Most of us struggle to manage a few weeks in Baja and dream of being able to retire there. I doubt anyone has experienced Baja from the early days or personally knows as many of the Baja Icons as Roger.
I hope he is currently secluded condensing his photos and stories to a book that will certainly be a best seller.

htnfool - 11-28-2016 at 09:15 AM

ROGER PRAMHAUS....pronounced (promise)....I think I spelled it right..

Spent many years with Roger in mulege....drinking, hanging out, fishing, playing cards and my personal favorite, looking at all his pictures and hearing the stories. I was just a young buck when I met him, some 15 years ago. He was great at all of it.

I remember sitting with him a year before he left watching the annual mulege pig races. He asked me, " How many people do you know here?" I replied "Oh, quite a few, why?" He said " I don't know anyone...they are all gone, some moved away but most are dead...."

As with everything, people move on, Roger sold his beautiful house on Coyote beach and tried to stay on the beach in his RV, but his heart wasn't in to it and his health forced his exit from mulege.

Last I heard was that he was up in SD hunting ducks and tugging on walleye and no doubt chasing co-pilot...hopefully with his clothes on.

Roger, If you are reading this. I wish you all the best and thanks for all the memories... May all your ducks decoy and may the walleye take your bait...Safe travels my friend

AKgringo - 11-28-2016 at 09:40 AM

I discovered this forum slightly over two years ago, and Roger quickly became my favorite author. I am in Mulege now, and regret that I can't arrange to meet him, as I am sure that there are many more story's to absorb.

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who would launch a personal attack on someone who has shared so much!

David K - 11-28-2016 at 10:31 AM

Roger often spent the night in his RV at Guajome Lake park in east Oceanside. He would call me sometimes when he passed by my house, I was never able to connect to meet him. We did have fun exchanges here on Nomad or email about the "golden years" before or just after Hwy. 1 was completed (Dec. '73).

Bubba - 11-28-2016 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the updates everyone, I appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well. Go away mtgoat, you give me a headache.

Udo - 11-28-2016 at 10:48 AM

My phone directory has his name spelled RA Dramkus.
I have his e-mail in North Dakota as well as his phone number.

U2U me.

Quote: Originally posted by htnfool  

LancairDriver - 11-28-2016 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
My phone directory has his name spelled RA Dramkus.
I have his e-mail in North Dakota as well as his phone number.

U2U me.

Quote: Originally posted by htnfool  

It's Pramhus

Skipjack Joe - 11-28-2016 at 11:21 AM

It's Roger Pramhus. He has a Facebook account but doesn't seem to use it much. Shari can confirm as she's his Facebook friend.

I hope you're well, Roger, since you're probably reading this. I wish we had met in person but the timing was off. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your posts. I know it took work to write those posts.

[Edited on 11-28-2016 by Skipjack Joe]

chuckie - 11-28-2016 at 11:24 AM

When he writes to me, he spells it Pramhus...Maybe he is wrong....But he should know...

shari - 11-28-2016 at 12:25 PM

Roger is one of the nicest Nomads I have ever met...and I have had the honour of meeting lots of nice ones! Miss ya man both here and in person...I will send him a facebook message later.

htnfool - 11-28-2016 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
It's Roger Pramhus. He has a Facebook account but doesn't seem to use it much. Shari can confirm as she's his Facebook friend.

I hope you're well, Roger, since you're probably reading this. I wish we had met in person but the timing was off. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your posts. I know it took work to write those posts.

[Edited on 11-28-2016 by Skipjack Joe]

I stand corrected....Thanks for that....couldn't remember how to spell it....lots of pacificos since then....gracias

bajacamper - 11-28-2016 at 08:16 PM

I hope the goat is finding that Karma will sometimes come back on you and bite you in the ass. About time.

Barry A. - 11-28-2016 at 11:29 PM

I have been an active Nomad since late 2003 and have always found that POMPANO'S (Roger's) posts were always fun and enjoyable, and very informative------never in any way offensive. I truly miss his posts, and hope all is well with him. Baja, and especially the Mulege/Bahia Conception crowd, miss him I know.

Bubba - 11-29-2016 at 05:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  
I hope the goat is finding that Karma will sometimes come back on you and bite you in the ass. About time.

It's just wrong to post something about someone in a public forum that is completely false. I hope Roger is ok and finds some time to post new adventures from up North.

Russ - 11-29-2016 at 07:32 AM

However you spell it it's still "Pompano". One of our Baja icons. I hope you're having fun and enjoying life with "co-pilot"! Thanks for the memories.

POMPANO SIGHTING JULY 5, 2010

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-29-2016 at 07:44 AM

On July 5, 2010, I picked up Roger at the San Diego Airport and helped him get his motorhome started for his trip to Northern California. He parked his motorhome at my place while he resupplied for the trip

[Edited on 11-29-2016 by BajaNomad]

David K - 11-29-2016 at 09:37 AM

Nice hat on Pompano! ;)

Diver II - 11-29-2016 at 10:09 AM

I gave Roger that hat in 2009 !!
You're welcome DK ! :biggrin:

In 2005, Roger sought us out at El Requeson after we stopped in and left a message with his copilot-of-the-year. He plied my kids with toys, snacks and tales and we later joined him for dinner at his casa. He is the host-with-the-mostest; a great guy !! Visited with him a few more times in subsequent years but it's been too long.
Hope he is doing well.

David K - 11-29-2016 at 10:29 AM

LOL, thanks Diver for sharing it with Roger. So Diver II, eh? You might ask Doug to reactivate your Diver account if you lost the password or it was closed?

DENNIS - 11-29-2016 at 10:45 AM

What's this Diver II stuff? There's only one Diver. :lol:
Hola amigo. Long time no see.

BornFisher - 11-29-2016 at 11:55 AM

Missing Rodger here too. Rodger if you are reading this, I hope you are doing great and living life in style. Happy trails.

BajaBill74 - 11-29-2016 at 03:00 PM

I joined Nomads because I simply had to make a reply to one of Pompano's posts. Roger, if you're reading this it was about your dog being a burglar alarm. I have a rescued dog that I got at Cuesta Real and they look almost identical.

He made a nice reply and made my first experience on BN a good one.

I'm glad that virtually everyone has the same high opinion of him. (I can only assume that Goat's reply says more about Goat than Roger.)

chuckie - 11-29-2016 at 03:13 PM

DUH! Read the posts....I have gotten no answer back yet...

Bubba - 11-29-2016 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
I joined Nomads because I simply had to make a reply to one of Pompano's posts. Roger, if you're reading this it was about your dog being a burglar alarm. I have a rescued dog that I got at Cuesta Real and they look almost identical.

He made a nice reply and made my first experience on BN a good one.

I'm glad that virtually everyone has the same high opinion of him. (I can only assume that Goat's reply says more about Goat than Roger.)

I couldn't agree more. I was going through some serious medical issues and was home on medical leave when I joined this site. It not only helped pass the time and keep my mind off of things but every time I asked Roger a question he took the time to give me thoughtful replies. I always enjoyed reading about his adventures and his love of Baja, hunting and fishing.

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-29-2016 at 04:31 PM

Roger is a good person and I hope he comes back. I miss his stories too.

When I was coming back from El Rosario this last Saturday, the Infantry people at the checkpoint asked me when Rogelio was coming back through. The Lieutenant said "Dile a Rogelio que lo extrañamos!

[Edited on 11-30-2016 by BajaNomad]

chuckie - 11-30-2016 at 06:02 AM

I have still gotten no replies to emails or calls...SO! When I get back from VA today will try to chase a rumor I heard..

Don Jorge - 11-30-2016 at 07:21 AM

I have not heard from Roger since late October. He did not make it up north this hunting season. He stayed south in the desert southwest attending to medical issues.

I recently asked Roger why he quit waxing nostalgia on this board.
He said the political hijacking of practically every thread on BN by the usual suspects peeed him off and he was done posting here.

Roger that.

8knots - 11-30-2016 at 07:23 AM

Roger that is right!

DENNIS - 11-30-2016 at 10:57 AM

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/148691_4547170...

https://www.facebook.com/roger.pramhus

[Edited on 11-30-2016 by DENNIS]

Skipjack Joe - 11-30-2016 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

I recently asked Roger why he quit waxing nostalgia on this board.
He said the political hijacking of practically every thread on BN by the usual suspects peeed him off and he was done posting here.

Happened on this thread. By someone who professes to have deep admiration for Pompano.

DENNIS - 11-30-2016 at 02:57 PM

Happened on this thread. By someone who professes to have deep admiration for Pompano.

Splain, please.

DanO - 11-30-2016 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Splain, please.

Whatever the explanation is, it's a damn shame to lose Roger's humor and insight, but I can't say I blame him. Life is short enough without having to spend a good chunk of it playing whack a mole with idiots.

DENNIS - 11-30-2016 at 04:02 PM

True dat.
Perhaps we're all making an issue of one's personal choice, whether his or not, and should just move on.
I was uncomfortable with the original post....given all our ages and health considerations. One gets to an age when it's a risk asking about others of the same level. It's, as the saying goes, akin to "buying green bananas."

chuckie - 11-30-2016 at 04:54 PM

I heard from him this afternoon...He is still trukin! He may check in to Nomads....

DENNIS - 11-30-2016 at 05:38 PM

Thanks, Chuckie. Hope so.

Bubba - 11-30-2016 at 05:43 PM

I heard from him this afternoon...He is still trukin! He may check in to Nomads....

Thank you!

David K - 11-30-2016 at 06:05 PM

Thanks chuckie!

Pompano - 11-30-2016 at 06:35 PM

Well. well...a very nice surprise to hear from old amigos on BajaNomads. In case you've been wondering, I've been NOB for a couple years and haven't visited Baja for a spell. Therefore nothing much to write about on this Baja forum.

Not to worry, friends, I am okay...although I won't be racing gazelles anytime soon. In a nutshell, I had a botched gall bladder operation, followed up quickly with a kidney failure. Talk about down time in hospital beds! But that's all, nothing like the Grim Reaper coming to call.

Been undergoing lots of physical therapy and too many check-up visits at the local clinic. Getting used to using a cane. Plus getting heaps of sympathy points from Co-pilot, though..which makes it all worthwhile.

Again, thanks for the inquiries and good wishes. I'll be checking Nomads more often in the future. Rest assured, when the time & 'climate' is right, I will be back with....some 100% true accounts! Perhaps some wandering & rambling stories? Like building a remote lake cabin, some fishing Up North & Down South, a Duk Shak garage dibacle, Co-pilot challenges, and believable misses on some pheasants?

Saludos....tu amigo, Pompano

p.s. many thanks to Don Jorge and chuckie for bring this to my attention.

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by Pompano]

BajaBill74 - 11-30-2016 at 06:46 PM

OH, it is so good to hear from you Roger. Thank you Don Jorge and chuckie for bringing this to his attention.

Sorry about the bump in the road in the medical area. It seems you are doing a good job of dealing with it.

Here is wishing you the best of everything.

1bobo - 11-30-2016 at 06:46 PM

Pompano's eye behind the camera and his insights are in large part what kept the dream alive for me in the years before I was able to finally make the break. I would love to see him again, following his camera around town, but I understand.
Roger's gone, Chuckies gone, TJ's gone, KD's gone, many more I never knew. Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose. But it kinda bums me out, anyway.

bajaguy - 11-30-2016 at 06:46 PM

Welcome back!!

fishbuck - 11-30-2016 at 07:03 PM

Welcome back to the "Most interesting man in the world of BajaNomad".
Only Pompano could make a gallbladder/kidney failure sound charming.
Well done sir.
Man, I wish I could go pheasant hunting with you!
My father and I hunted pheasants whenever we could. We had a 3 english setters. Of course my dad was the better shot. He was a skeet champion and could break 25 "birds" effortlessly.:cool:

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by fishbuck]

DENNIS - 11-30-2016 at 08:16 PM

A bird in the oven is worth two in the freezer.:biggrin:
Hey...I made that up. Feel free to put it on a bumper sticker or a tattoo.

fishbuck - 11-30-2016 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

A bird in the oven is worth two in the freezer.:biggrin:
Hey...I made that up. Feel free to put it on a bumper sticker or a tattoo.

Dennis, you will always be "the funniest man in the world of Bajanomad":coolup:

David K - 11-30-2016 at 09:31 PM

Good to see you back on Nomad, Roger!

Barry A. - 11-30-2016 at 09:43 PM

Whew!!!! So good to hear you are (sorta) ok, Roger. Thanks for the update!!

Bubba - 12-1-2016 at 04:43 AM

Thanks for checking in Roger!

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-1-2016 at 06:13 AM

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by BajaNomad]

wessongroup - 12-1-2016 at 09:41 AM

What they said ^^ :):)

TMW - 12-1-2016 at 09:54 AM

Great news, wishing you the best Pompano.

BajaBreak - 12-1-2016 at 10:15 AM

Sometimes health, money and time intersect at the perfect moment. How one chooses to spend those good fortunes is a personal decision. If you don't like someone ok, but don't make up bs.

Pompano chose to spend his moment of fortune in Baja and had a blast doing it.[rquote]

Isn't that the truth. Anyone who chooses to spend their time in Baja when they are fortunate enough to have all three at the same time, is alright by me.

Pompano, thank you for sharing your stories and experiences on here. I know I've enjoyed the ones I've come across.

Get well and keep on keepin' on.

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by BajaBreak]

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by BajaBreak]

desertcpl - 12-1-2016 at 10:30 AM

Welcome back Roger

Skipjack Joe - 12-1-2016 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pompano  

In a nutshell, I had a botched gall bladder operation, followed up quickly with a kidney failure.

I had gall bladder surgery as well !!! See, we have something in common, something to share on this board.

We can have age related conversations. We can share medical ailments. How are your bowel movements? Mine - not so good. Miralax and Metamucil - that's the ticket.

rts551 - 12-1-2016 at 02:40 PM

In a nutshell, I had a botched gall bladder operation, followed up quickly with a kidney failure.

I had gall bladder surgery as well !!! See, we have something in common, something to share on this board.

We can have age related conversations. We can share medical ailments. How are your bowel movements? Mine - not so good. Miralax and Metamucil - that's the ticket.

If you come back Roger, we can discuss prostate issues. You too, Igor.

MMc - 12-1-2016 at 03:37 PM

Pompano, It's good to see you here, thank you for the update. I am and will always be a fan.

Timo1 - 12-1-2016 at 03:40 PM

Hey !!!
I can discuss a liver issue LOL

BajaGringo - 12-1-2016 at 03:41 PM

Really glad to hear from you Roger.

Saludos...

shari - 12-2-2016 at 02:20 PM

Great to hear from you amigo...oh those lucky nurses who tended to you...I imagine you have a fine bedside manner!!!

BajaRat - 12-3-2016 at 08:22 PM

Speedy recovery my fine feathered friend !
Every time a see RumChata I think of you and the copilot at Udo's place in Asuncion..... Who says we cant have a nip before noon

Lionel :cool:

Skipjack Joe - 3-7-2019 at 05:51 AM

Any recent news about Roger?

I drove by his old home at Conception Bay and pointed it out to my son, Alex. I recognized it from the many photos Roger posted. What a great spot.

chuckie - 3-7-2019 at 07:40 AM

Yup, those comments are three years old...Hope he is still kickin...

Bubba - 3-7-2019 at 07:51 AM

I miss Rogers posts, pics and stories.

BajaBlanca - 3-7-2019 at 08:16 AM

Roger, your posts were some of the most interesting stories EVER. Can you make pretend you are in Baja and retell them all?!!!

Certainly hope you are well. The "hood" misses you.

rancho guillermo - 3-7-2019 at 08:27 AM

Was lucky enough to stay at Rogers old place a while back. Great place and great location. As everyone else, I hope you are well and living life. Check in when you feel like it and if not Baja stories, catch us up on Walleye, Duck Shacks, travels...or just a hello. Like Blanca said..you are missed.

Stay Well.

fishinsteve - 3-7-2019 at 12:36 PM

Its been a while I miss his posts as well. One of my favorites.
Steve

With bobcat

Stickers - 3-8-2019 at 04:35 PM

PTACHIVATOBOBCATS.jpg - 42kB

BajaParrothead - 3-8-2019 at 08:09 PM

Always loved reading Roger's experience of things with his Mulege Mirror. Very enjoyable reading and pics.

Bubba - 3-9-2019 at 09:46 AM

It's been almost 2.5 yrs since I first posted this, time flies and I hope Roger is well.

Don Jorge - 3-10-2019 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
It's been almost 2.5 yrs since I first posted this, time flies and I hope Roger is well.

Spoke with Pompano a few weeks ago and he is doing well.
Copilot at his side, Roger continues to enjoy the beautiful PNW which he now calls home.

Back in the day, Baja, all of Baja, Coyote Bay included, was magic. Pompano was part of that magic. One meets many storytellers as time flies away, some stay strangers and some become friends.

Will let our storytelling friend know you asked about him.

AKgringo - 3-10-2019 at 09:10 AM

Thanks for the update! Roger left a mark here, and is missed.

If I were to quit posting on this forum, and someone asked about me, the response would probably be "Who?"

Bubba - 3-10-2019 at 09:23 AM

Copilot at his side, Roger continues to enjoy the beautiful PNW which he now calls home.

Back in the day, Baja, all of Baja, Coyote Bay included, was magic. Pompano was part of that magic. One meets many storytellers as time flies away, some stay strangers and some become friends.

Awesome! Thank you for the update and tell Roger hello!

BajaTed - 3-10-2019 at 09:39 AM

They came to Coyote Bay for many reasons, folks like Geary, of sonrisa.net Alex, from up in the canyon, Mario, of Muzik Mountain and of course Bertha.

Diver - 3-10-2019 at 10:22 AM

2006 at El Requeson
We missed Roger at his place that year but left a message with co-pilot.
Roger searched us down to entertain our kids and invite us to an amazing dinner at his Coyote house.
A truly wonderful gentleman !!!

- Diver's children Requeson 06.jpg - 30kB

[Edited on 3-10-2019 by Diver]

David K - 3-10-2019 at 10:34 AM

Thanks for keeping the Pompano thread going... I missed out on meeting Roger but he used to call me when he was in Oceanside, staying at a park not far from my home there. Thanks again for sharing one of my 'got baja?' hats with him... He seems to really enjoy it!

BajaBlanca - 3-10-2019 at 05:17 PM

Don Jorge, thanks for the update. I remember that once when Roger stopped by my Mom's house to pick donations up, he commented on the view of the Pacific. It truly is an amazing view!

Nice that co-pilot is there in the PNW too.

BajaTed - 3-10-2019 at 08:57 PM

They came to Coyote Bay for many reasons, folks like Geary, of sonrisa.net Alex, from up in the canyon, Mario, of Muzik Mountain and of course Bertha.

Skipjack Joe - 3-11-2019 at 11:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

What was her real name, anyway?

Bubba - 3-12-2019 at 06:19 AM

Which co-pilot? I believe there was more than one over the yrs?

Skipjack Joe - 3-23-2019 at 04:18 AM

Which co-pilot? I believe there was more than one over the yrs?

The one that's with him.

Roger's most recent post on Nomad (Nov. 30, 2016)

David K - 9-19-2023 at 08:15 AM

Well. well...a very nice surprise to hear from old amigos on BajaNomads. In case you've been wondering, I've been NOB for a couple years and haven't visited Baja for a spell. Therefore nothing much to write about on this Baja forum.

Not to worry, friends, I am okay...although I won't be racing gazelles anytime soon. In a nutshell, I had a botched gall bladder operation, followed up quickly with a kidney failure. Talk about down time in hospital beds! But that's all, nothing like the Grim Reaper coming to call.

Been undergoing lots of physical therapy and too many check-up visits at the local clinic. Getting used to using a cane. Plus getting heaps of sympathy points from Co-pilot, though..which makes it all worthwhile.

Again, thanks for the inquiries and good wishes. I'll be checking Nomads more often in the future. Rest assured, when the time & 'climate' is right, I will be back with....some 100% true accounts! Perhaps some wandering & rambling stories? Like building a remote lake cabin, some fishing Up North & Down South, a Duk Shak garage dibacle, Co-pilot challenges, and believable misses on some pheasants?

Saludos....tu amigo, Pompano

p.s. many thanks to Don Jorge and chuckie for bring this to my attention.

[Edited on 12-1-2016 by Pompano]

Still hoping the time and climate will again be right for you, Roger!

BajaBlanca - 9-19-2023 at 12:03 PM

Can anyone tell us how Roger is doing?????

Tioloco - 9-19-2023 at 10:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Diver  

2006 at El Requeson
We missed Roger at his place that year but left a message with co-pilot.
Roger searched us down to entertain our kids and invite us to an amazing dinner at his Coyote house.
A truly wonderful gentleman !!!

[Edited on 3-10-2019 by Diver]

Pompano was one of the best here. His posts were always interesting and brought back the feeling of a great time gone by.
Sure hope he is still enjoying each day. Miss his stories.

Don Jorge - 9-20-2023 at 04:05 PM

Can anyone tell us how Roger is doing?????

Pompano is doing well.

At home in the PNW enjoying time on that beautiful coast with his copilot. No names here for the copilot whom should really be promoted to Captain and has left seat priority now. But she whom shall not be named is keeping our beloved Pompano happily above ground. Yeah!

Mentioned you all were asking and saying nice things about him on Nomads. Maybe Roger will check in here soon?

Tioloco - 9-20-2023 at 04:21 PM

Great to hear!
Hopefully he tells us another story or 2

David K - 9-20-2023 at 04:56 PM

Thank you Don Jorge!
 Pages:  1