BajaNomad

Try this with your northern dentist

AKgringo - 11-30-2016 at 03:23 PM

A month ago, I thought I was not in any urgent need of dental care, but things happen! I am in La Paz now, and since I had lost the contact info for the dentist I go to here, I just showed up at her office to schedule an appointment.

She was just finishing up with a patient, and had a few minutes until the next one was due to arrive, so she took me right in for an exam with X-rays.

We discussed the exam results, treatment plan, cost, and payment options (credit card is OK) My first appointment is tomorrow morning at 9:00 to start two root canals, build up of the teeth, two crowns and a bridge (counts as three crowns) and the work should be complete in a week.

The cost will be 30.000 peso's, or approximately $1,500. I know there probably even better deals at some of the clinics just over the border, but I know her work, and I like where I am cooling my heels between appointments!

David K - 11-30-2016 at 05:12 PM

Lucky YOU!

AKgringo - 12-1-2016 at 12:08 PM

One root canal and filling done this morning. quick and painless, and the other side gets done Monday AM, then crowns in about a week!

My dentista is, Dra Patricia Camon Sanchez. I normally would not give out an e-mail address, but it is on her business card; patcamon@hotmail.com

I like her work, and professionalism!

BajaBlanca - 12-1-2016 at 01:55 PM

sounds like a great dentist!

motoged - 12-1-2016 at 03:26 PM

Gary,
Hope all that work goes well for you....stay close to her office after the last work is done for at least several days in case problems arise
(eg. infection)...now you will have that Hollywood smile.:saint:

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2016 at 07:13 AM

got a phone number for her by any chance?

Hook - 12-2-2016 at 11:42 AM

Just for comparison sake, I have recently been quoted 9300 pesos for a temporary crown, root canal, post and permanent crown. This is for a #3 tooth (molar). I am weighing extraction against this, as it is only 900 pesos and this is not a cosmetically necessary tooth (if such a thing even exists for a 63 year old married man).

Decisions, decisions................

[Edited on 12-2-2016 by Hook]

BajaBlanca - 12-2-2016 at 03:37 PM

Well, I have had trouble finding a dentist who will take care of my teens in La Paz .... to pay for them to go all the way to my dentists in TJ is just disheartening. Basic stuff, they can have done with their university dentist...more serious stuff not.

One of the kids broke a tooth months ago and I have been really worried so on the off chance she might accept and throwing it out there for the universe to conspire with me, I wrote to Doc Patricia to ask if she would sponsor Julian's tooth and lo and behold, SHE SAID YES!

Talk about a great day.

:biggrin: