BajaNomad

Camping at Bahia Concepcion

larry - 12-5-2016 at 04:34 PM

I've never been south of Guerrero Negro and am planning to car/tent camp at Bahia Concepcion the first week of next year. Playa Requeson and La Perla look nice from photos. I am wondering if there are palapas, toilets and showers there. If not, does anyone have recommendations of other beaches in the area that do have those facilities (I have camped many times at Campo Beluga at Bahia Gonzaga--looking for something basic along those lines). Thanks everybody, for any suggestions you have.

David K - 12-5-2016 at 05:01 PM

Last Sept., La Perla is (was) abandoned, the palapas were damaged by the last hurricane but functional and the one outhouse in ruins. It just happens to afford the most privacy with everyone else at Requeson or the campos to the north (Burro, Santispac, etc.).

I would recommend popping into each as you drive south, and check them out. La Perla is about the furthest south campo, so you will see all else that is available before getting there.

Remember, Baja is supposed to be an adventure and have a little mystery or surprise.

Please report back your findings!

AKgringo - 12-5-2016 at 07:22 PM

In November 2014 I was able to use the showers behind the restaurant at the north end of Santispac beach.

Last week I stopped in at Playa Buenaventura and saw that they had shower facilities there, but I did not use them.

[Edited on 12-6-2016 by AKgringo]

larry - 12-6-2016 at 08:45 AM

Thank you both for the input

beach camping

Aldervale - 12-6-2016 at 09:47 AM

Howdy

We have stayed several times at one of the smaller beach camps in this area.

The gentleman collecting fees for the owners was very helpful but the campers
themselves decided to take on the bulk of the work.....picking up trash, cleaning the outhouse, etc.etc.

The heavy presence of seasonal and overnight campers in this area means everyone needs to try and care for the resource.....lest it become stinky, trashy, crowded......

Sorry for the rant.....

Aldervale