BajaNomad

Compounding Pharmacy

Petey - 12-7-2016 at 11:37 AM

Does anyone know of an actual compounding pharmacy in La Paz, Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo?

Gracias!

weebray - 12-7-2016 at 01:34 PM

Other than Chinese pharmacies I did not know there were ANY compounding pharmacies left anywhere. I'm sure the FDA (read pharmaceutical companies) would highly object.

bajaguy - 12-7-2016 at 02:01 PM

Plenty of compounding pharmacies in the US, don't know about Baja

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Other than Chinese pharmacies I did not know there were ANY compounding pharmacies left anywhere. I'm sure the FDA (read pharmaceutical companies) would highly object.

Petey - 12-8-2016 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Plenty of compounding pharmacies in the US, don't know about Baja

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  

They are quite common in the US, and I know they exist in Mexico-as I've been told by 2 pharmacists in Todos Santos to look for one. Neither one knew of one, but both thought there might be one in La Paz. Maybe not!

to your point wee bray- compounding pharmacies don't make drugs per se, they make doses, combinations and applications of drugs to fulfill specific prescriptions. Pharmaceutical companies make the actual drugs-bit of a difference.

danaeb - 12-8-2016 at 09:50 AM

Petey - you might try contacting Dr Diaz at Fidepaz Hospital in La Paz for info. He speaks English.

https://www.champoton.org/baja_california_sur/?page=detail&a...