BajaNomad

Road Condition Upper Maneadero

hermosok123 - 12-22-2016 at 12:30 PM

Slow lane closed due to road collapse southbound side just past La Bufadora turnoff.

DENNIS - 12-22-2016 at 02:18 PM

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15621935_17192...

DanO - 12-22-2016 at 03:15 PM

That Toyota should add some structural support when they fill in that hole with dirt.:biggrin:

shari - 12-22-2016 at 03:26 PM

Wow....now that is an OH chitE moment for sure. I felt we may do that when we drove over a piece of road like that that was obviously eaten away from underneath going up to San Jose de Magdelena a few days ago.

DanO - 12-22-2016 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
That Toyota should add some structural support when they fill in that hole with dirt.:biggrin:

I stand corrected. On closer inspection, that appears to be a Ford Ranger. I'm still sticking with my original premise, however.

luv2fish - 12-22-2016 at 04:53 PM

Umm looks like am old Ford Bronco.

DanO - 12-22-2016 at 06:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by luv2fish  

Umm looks like am old Ford Bronco.

As the attached blowup shows, it's got the 80s Ford grille for sure, but a couple of things indicate to me that it's not a Bronco or a Bronco II. First, the Ford badge on the grille is offset to the driver's side, but the full size Bronco badges were in the middle. Only Rangers and Bronco II's had the offset badge. Second, the rear cab side pillar in both full size Broncos and Bronco II's was tapered, not straight like the rear cab side pillar in this truck, and Bronco II's had side rear windows that went up over the roof edge, unlike the small rear windows on this unfortunate vehicle.

What we have here, I believe, is a 1983 Ranger with a shell. I've attached a pic of one such truck, without the shell. Note the three-level grille, offset badge, straight C-pillar, and some other similarities including the driver's side mirror and the air intake cowling behind the front bumper.

I should also note that I have way too much time on my hands at the moment. :bounce::bounce:

Sideways Ford.jpg - 50kB83 Ranger.jpg - 29kB

chuckie - 12-22-2016 at 06:12 PM

Check the underwear!