BajaNomad

WTB AAA Baja map and Mainland map

Ron_Perry - 12-26-2016 at 09:05 AM

Anyone have a AAA Baja map for sale? I am also looking for a good Mainland map...in English.

My daughter purchased a Mainland map online and it is lame...and in Spanish. Any good suggestions for the best Mainland map?

Thanks to all, Ron

mtgoat666 - 12-26-2016 at 09:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ron_Perry  
Anyone have a AAA Baja map for sale? I am also looking for a good Mainland map...in English.

My daughter purchased a Mainland map online and it is lame...and in Spanish. Any good suggestions for the best Mainland map?

Thanks to all, Ron

You want city names translated to english equivalent?
Really, you should learn the dozen or fewer spanish words necessary to read a map in spanish!
North is norte
Road is camino
Etc

bajaguy - 12-26-2016 at 09:49 AM

Best is in the eye of the beholder.....

Go to smaller/rural AAA offices, they may still have the AAA Baja map

We use the AAA Mexico (mainland) map for general use

Thanks to all, Ron

Ron_Perry - 12-26-2016 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Thanks to all, Ron

You want city names translated to english equivalent?
Really, you should learn the dozen or fewer spanish words necessary to read a map in spanish!
North is norte
Road is camino
Etc

Thanks Chivo Triple Seis!...but you are going a little fast for me...let me write it down...north is norte...road is camino. How do you say taco? I know she will need that one.

bajaguy - 12-26-2016 at 10:33 AM

Ron

Welcome to Nomads, you will soon learn to ignore anything Goat has to say, and never respond to any of his posts.

The Goat lives in his mother's basement, has an Atari 512 computer, drives a Yugo and know nothing about Baja

wilderone - 12-29-2016 at 05:35 PM

AAA has Mexico mainland maps. But I would track down more regional maps (state-specific, e.g., Chihuahua, Yucatan) for more detail.

hombre66 - 12-29-2016 at 06:46 PM

I have a spare, its an 04 and I think that was the last year. Got some route highlight markings on it. Yours if you want it. the Almanac is superior, if you don't mind carrying it around (IMO)

map for you

John M - 12-29-2016 at 07:13 PM

Ron, I have a map that is yours if you wish. It's mainland Mexico - It is a AAA 1999 edition. Complete but as on a map that old you'll get some tears along the creases for no additional charge! Map is in fine shape otherwise.

I have no clue how a map nearly twenty years old will suffice but the free price is good. Yes? And I have a 2001 AAA Baja map, like new, as well.

If you wait a couple of days here on Nomad you'll likely come up with different options and offers.

John M

woody with a view - 12-30-2016 at 05:20 PM

You'se guys are alright! Happy New Year!!!

Ron_Perry - 12-30-2016 at 06:36 PM

Thanks everyone! We have the AAA mainland map...I like that style, all on one piece of paper.
It is also nice to have several maps, as there is different info on each one, and different mistakes. The other map my daughter has for the mainland is GUIA ROJI. It is laid out poorly and hard to follow.
Thanks again to all, Ron