BajaNomad

Pavement on HWY 5 between Coco's and Laguna Chapala

BigBearRider - 12-27-2016 at 11:58 PM

The first bridge going south now has asphalt on it. At least one more bridge also appeared to have been paved. This was my impression from this afternoon.

rts551 - 12-28-2016 at 07:18 AM

Last week they had oil and rock base down for the east most six miles. Batch plant for asphalt was up and running.

AKgringo - 12-28-2016 at 08:27 AM

I was amazed at how much progress was made on the Chapala end of the project between Thanksgiving and last week!

ncampion - 12-28-2016 at 11:54 AM

Hey, maybe they'll finish by the end of the year after all. Ha Ha....

mtnpop - 12-28-2016 at 02:19 PM

came through on the 10th and it looked like pavement was in on the Gonzaga end but could not tell how far... they were grading and rolling road base just not too far from Coco...
Chapala end was getting road base for a good distance from 1..
still a lot of mtns to push down to grade level and bridges/culverts...
most of the activity was at chapala and the Gonzaga ends not much going on in the middle... looks like about a billion yards of rock and dirt to knock down to road level..
headed back south next week so will be interesting to see the progress this month maybe can get some pics.....

ligui - 12-28-2016 at 03:31 PM

Love to see it down to 5 miles bad road . Happy New Year

BajaBlanca - 12-29-2016 at 06:42 PM

We just drove this road yesterday. A first for us. There is indeed a lot of work going on in various segments. I was pretty tired of being bumped around towards the end.