BajaNomad

Sedona on Christmas Day

StuckSucks - 1-2-2017 at 02:19 PM

Here's a few photos from Christmas Day in Sedona. Sedona received 4" of snow; Flagstaff 14", and the Snow Bowl 42". I broke down and wore long pants.

Here's a photo sphere of Bell Rock with snow.

Here's a photo sphere of sun and snow and red rocks.

blackwolfmt - 1-2-2017 at 02:29 PM

Nice piks SS,, I hear ya about long pants I'm in Payson we got 5.5"

Fatboy - 1-3-2017 at 09:20 AM

StuckSucks,
Always like your pictures, even when you are just posting a random picture on a thread.

They always seem sharp and full of color.

Any tips? Do you do much post editing? Is it the Camera? The lenses?

Thanks for posting!

StuckSucks - 1-3-2017 at 11:31 AM

Thanks for the good words blackwolf and Fatboy!

I shoot with a Canon G15 camera, considered a prosumer-grade camera, and now an old model. It does much more than a point-and-shoot - I can customize the settings I'd like. Many of the photos I share have been massaged a wee bit with Photoshop.

The photo spheres were shot with my iPhone using the free Google Street View app (iOS, Droid).

AKgringo - 1-3-2017 at 04:13 PM

Nature gets the credit for creating the fantastic scenery, but how about you taking a little credit for knowing how to frame your shots to capture the magic?

You always seem to have the right balance of landscape, foreground detail, and sky line to get that 'postcard' quality.

Kudos!

o3dave - 1-3-2017 at 04:42 PM

I agree with the others. One of my favorite posters.
Thanks and happy new year SS

Where are you taking us next? haha

StuckSucks - 1-4-2017 at 12:24 PM

Thanks guys! Looking forward to a bunch of Baja photo opps for 2017 including two complete peninsula runs.

TMW - 1-4-2017 at 12:38 PM

My O My what beautiful pictures. Snow for Christmas is always a plus.

BajaDanD - 1-5-2017 at 07:54 PM

Nice pics love Sedona in the snow I live in Prescott Valley about an hour away we got 4-5 inches here
Thanks for the pictures

CampfiresAndConcierges - 7-17-2017 at 12:43 PM

Wow! I have yet to see the red rocks/snow combo - hoping to this winter, if I haven't fled down to Baja by winter :)