BajaNomad

Border Delays

Riom - 1-2-2017 at 10:43 PM

Looks like today (Monday 2 Jan) has been a record bad day for border delays, because of a failure of the CBP computer systems this afternoon.

CBP is showing 200 minutes delay at San Luis, 100 minutes at San Ysidro, 120-160 minutes at Calexico. These are probably underestimates.

Just as bad at airports - super long lines in Miami.

Rob

BooJumMan - 1-3-2017 at 10:21 AM

Probably bad as well due to many people coming back from the Holiday week. Who doesn't go to Baja between Xmas and New Years these days? (I don't anymore...)

Bajaboy - 1-3-2017 at 10:33 AM

We crossed at Otay on the 31st about 2:00 pm in normal lane. Only two cars in front of me. But Sentry had at least 35 cars and Ready Lanes a lot more than that....:P

BigBearRider - 1-3-2017 at 03:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
We crossed at Otay on the 31st about 2:00 pm in normal lane. Only two cars in front of me. But Sentry had at least 35 cars and Ready Lanes a lot more than that....:P

I was one of the Sentri suckers... It was the first time that I have ever seen that situation. Oh well. It took no more than 10 minutes.

Bajazly - 1-3-2017 at 05:06 PM

I walked across Otay yesterday, my first time walking across, and just got in the end of the line I first came to. A guy collecting for Red Cross or the Ambulance fund or what ever came up to me and said, not this line, this one, which was much shorter, I asked why 2 lines and he said the one I was in is the Ready line. It was about 40 minutes for me and I was thru way before the guys in the long line I was in. Go figure.