BajaNomad

Another 8% in Feb. Brace for impact.

rts551 - 1-9-2017 at 01:22 PM

http://www.forbes.com.mx/ya-viene-segundo-gasolinazo-febrero...

chuckie - 1-9-2017 at 01:42 PM

And by then, the flowdown from the additional transportation costs should be effecting consumer prices....I think its not going to be pretty....

DaliDali - 1-9-2017 at 01:44 PM

And standby for an increase in the CFE bills. They too are partially subsided by the government.

In my neck of the woods, power comes from diesel powered generators......

Not only an increase in fuel bills and CFE bills, but any commodity that moves by fuel powered transport.

bajabuddha - 1-9-2017 at 01:46 PM

... and with who is going to be running the petroleum commodities NOB in the very near future, everyone just put your feet in the stirrups and TRY to relax.......

bajaguy - 1-9-2017 at 01:58 PM

CFE rate increase already in effect for industrial and commercial users. No increase 'yet" for residential users

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
And standby for an increase in the CFE bills. They too are partially subsided by the government.

In my neck of the woods, power comes from diesel powered generators......

Not only an increase in fuel bills and CFE bills, but any commodity that moves by fuel powered transport.

rts551 - 1-9-2017 at 03:29 PM

Propane going up 33%. 45 kilo bottle is now 920 pesos.

WhackAMolE - 1-15-2017 at 11:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm scheduled to go north on the 31st and come back on the 2nd. I wonder if I should push my trip back a week. I really don't want to get stuck in an eight hour traffic jam.

[Edited on 1-16-2017 by WhackAMolE]

Hook - 1-16-2017 at 06:49 AM

We got our CFE bill yesterday. Rates up about 20%.

Udo - 1-17-2017 at 09:18 AM

It appears that CFE bills get sent out at different times depending on where one lives.
The one in Bahia Asunción comes out one month and Ensenada come another month.

bajaguy - 1-17-2017 at 09:52 AM

Property taxes in Ensenada up 20%

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
We got our CFE bill yesterday. Rates up about 20%.

Udo - 1-17-2017 at 10:50 AM

According to Baja Gringo in San Quintin, all the protests are having an impact on the Feds.
Stay tuned!

BajaTed - 1-17-2017 at 11:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
... and with who is going to be running the petroleum commodities NOB in the very near future, everyone just put your feet in the stirrups and TRY to relax.......

Possible answer in long run:
The Hunt family of Texas fame just sold ALL their Permian Basin holdings to guess who?

Exxon Mobil for $6.6 Billion

chuckie - 1-17-2017 at 11:33 AM

Source on that? Don't think so....

LancairDriver - 1-17-2017 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

This 6.6bil sale has been reported on in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, as well as numerous Texas newspapers. It was probably Rex Tillerson's last deal as EXXON CEO before becoming the next US Secretary of State.
Google it.

[Edited on 1-17-2017 by LancairDriver]

[Edited on 1-17-2017 by LancairDriver]

chuckie - 1-17-2017 at 03:04 PM

What confused me was your statement that the deal was done with the Hunts...E/M bought 250000 thousand acres and production from the Bass boys up in Fort Worth....Yup..thats correct..Dunno what that has to do with Mexican oil tho?

LancairDriver - 1-17-2017 at 04:29 PM

Probably has to do with the reporting that Mexico will be importing fuel from the US at a higher price as their own refineries wont have the capacity to supply their own market and building more will take years. They have been way behind on their planning.

chuckie - 1-17-2017 at 05:28 PM

Kinda like the US..We havnt built a refinery in a good while...At least things are picking up, down in the PPatch....Some rigs going back to work, Son in law is thinking about getting some service rigs back on line...Put some people back to work...

NO Problem YET ?

MrBillM - 1-17-2017 at 05:37 PM

The indicator being that it hasn't risen high enough to get more than a dab of TV news coverage. Virtually NONE on the national Cable News channels.

I've seen more coverage on the Big Horn Sheep Golf-Course grazing in La Quinta than the Mex Gas Gab.

Interest will pick up once the REAL rioting begins.

chuckie - 1-17-2017 at 06:15 PM

And your point is?

No Point

MrBillM - 1-17-2017 at 07:26 PM

Other than to [we] spectators there isn't much of interest other than the unrest boiling over into something entertaining.

AND, I guess, the point that people will adjust to the new reality and their lives will go on.

Many at a further reduced level of comfort, but decades (centuries) of third-world history has shown that the populace will mostly adjust to their level of poverty and simply plug along.

Mexico is somewhat unique given its geography sharing an immediate border with a wealthy first-world nation and having a large (relatively far wealthier) population of foreign residents who may be adversely affected as unrest rises among the downtrodden, but the past indicates that the chaos and carnage will be limited and little in the social/economic structure will change dramatically.

Successful popular revolutions happen rarely given the multitude of nations where substantial inequality has (and does) exist.

SO, unless you're one of those foreign residents who might be vulnerable to native resentment or opportunism, no worries.

Relax and enjoy the show.

Stay low if any shooting starts.

Terry28 - 1-17-2017 at 08:09 PM

Sadly, I more or less agree with Mrbile

Bob H - 1-18-2017 at 12:13 AM

Well, hopefully the gas problems are over and the stations have gas available. Is Ensenada still a problem, or NO?

chuckie - 1-18-2017 at 02:29 AM

Now, thats funny...

Udo - 1-18-2017 at 09:06 AM

I filled up yesterday...no problems.

Quote: Originally posted by Bob H  
Well, hopefully the gas problems are over and the stations have gas available. Is Ensenada still a problem, or NO?

DENNIS - 1-18-2017 at 09:41 AM

Well, hopefully the gas problems are over

I firmly believe civil unrest is orchestrated...like moving a boiling pot of water to another burner to control pressure.
When steam is released in a controlled manner, it's predictable and well managed.
Smoke 'n mirrors. Follow the shenanigans taking place behind the main stage.

BajaTed - 1-18-2017 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Dallas Star newspaper

chuckie - 1-18-2017 at 11:22 AM

O&G news

chuckie - 1-18-2017 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

I agree with Dennis,,The initial reactions may have been unscripted, but the situation is now being engineered by some pretty invested people. This is a long term problem...Contrary to the thinking of a lot of Gringos, the problem isn't solved when you can buy gas...

I firmly believe civil unrest is orchestrated...like moving a boiling pot of water to another burner to control pressure.
When steam is released in a controlled manner, it's predictable and well managed.
Smoke 'n mirrors. Follow the shenanigans taking place behind the main stage.

woody with a view - 1-18-2017 at 01:59 PM

So then, the people buying gas are the problem?

chuckie - 1-18-2017 at 02:06 PM

No Woody....The people WITH gas....

OH WOODY, You are SO funny!!! Tee Hee

DENNIS - 1-18-2017 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
So then, the people buying gas are the problem?

Hardly the problem, but the tool of the government to leverage an issue.
If you're in the uncomfortable position to raise prices of a universal required commodity, especially for reasons of fiscal incompetence, you raise the price to an unreasonable level....then agree to a compromise and become an understanding hero.
The price will drop, and the government will emerge benevolent.

chuckie - 1-18-2017 at 03:34 PM

Yassuh.....Thank you Massa Gummint....

Bob H - 1-18-2017 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I filled up yesterday...no problems.

Thanks Udo!

rts551 - 1-19-2017 at 08:24 AM

New Rumors over on Talk Baja. Next week protesters will try to block the PEMEX terminal again.

DENNIS - 1-19-2017 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  
..then agree to a compromise and become an understanding hero.

I think that's a great point, but am skeptical whether the Peña Nieto government could at this point actually get people to swallow such hogwash. Guess we'll see... :biggrin:

Following the official Mexico government guidebook on matters such as this...... "Just tell them anything, 'cuz that's all they're going to get."
It comes right after, "A poor excuse is better than none at all."