BajaNomad

Chargers...............

willardguy - 1-12-2017 at 12:30 PM

well Ron Burgundy is reporting it so it must be true..

adios

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by willardguy]

Bajaboy - 1-12-2017 at 12:39 PM

who:?:

David K - 1-12-2017 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Famous San Diego News anchor from the late 1970s and early 80s....

http://anchorman.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Burgundy

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by David K]

willardguy - 1-12-2017 at 12:45 PM

you know....legendary ch4 san diego anchorman ;)

[Edited on 1-12-2017 by willardguy]

Bajaboy - 1-12-2017 at 12:59 PM

I don't recall who the Chargers are!

David K - 1-12-2017 at 01:04 PM

:lol:

Seriously, management sure soured the fan base this past year with their uncooperative attitude to work with the city on staying here. Do the Chargers even have any fans outside of San Diego???

willardguy - 1-12-2017 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

:lol:

Seriously, management sure soured the fan base this past year with their uncooperative attitude to work with the city on staying here. Do the Chargers even have any fans outside of San Diego???

better believe it! tijuana, rosarito, ensenada.....let em play in the bull ring!

tjsue - 1-12-2017 at 01:11 PM

http://timesofsandiego.com/sports/2017/01/12/its-official-ch...

David K - 1-12-2017 at 01:17 PM

OK, now we can concentrate on getting a (hopefully) winning team here. Son of Spanos has been anti-San Diego for some time now.

soulpatch - 1-12-2017 at 01:29 PM

Talk about corporate welfare.... finally.

Marc - 1-12-2017 at 01:31 PM

We could trade you for the 49ers.

woody with a view - 1-12-2017 at 01:49 PM

Now LA has two S H I T T Y teams. Buh-bye!

chippy - 1-12-2017 at 02:05 PM

Thank you for freeing up my sundays.No more annual letdown. Good riddance you under achieving pack o losers.

DanO - 1-12-2017 at 02:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Now LA has two S H I T T Y teams. Buh-bye!

Yep. We suffered up here without a team for two decades, until the greedy NFL owners decided to give us two teams that combined don't add up to one good one. The home games will be blacked out on TV (not that anybody wants to watch them) and no one will be able to afford tickets to the most expensive stadium in the country. The Rams were getting booed off the field by the end of the season, and the Chargers won't even come close to selling out their temporary 30,000 seat soccer stadium.

But it still beats having the 49ers. :lol:

Go Las Vegas Raiders!:cool:

It's a BUSINESS !

MrBillM - 1-12-2017 at 02:47 PM

And, moving is the BEST Business decision.

Sad, but TRUE.

It was a decision made reluctantly and IF there was a large enough Civic Base to reward their staying, THAT would have been the case.

Sharing the L.A. market with the Rams as their landlord was obviously not something that Spanos looked forward to.

ANYONE who thinks that there's ANY likelihood another NFL team is in San Diego's near future is suffering from delusion.

Howard - 1-12-2017 at 03:58 PM

I'm so damn old I remember...
In 1960 taking the Pico bus to the Vermont bus to see the Los Angels Chargers play football in the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.
I remember Jack Kemp as the QB and Paul Lowe a high stepping running back.

Now, I don't give a damn about it. Please bring back showtime with the L.A. Lakers, that I would care about.

mtgoat666 - 1-12-2017 at 04:15 PM

Im not a football fan so could not care less

I am happy i dont have to pay taxes toward a new stadium

I figure if team revenue cant pay for stadium, then perhaps they should build a smaller stadium, eh?

Why do team owners always want a bigger stadium than their biz can afford?

I would like a bigger house, would you taxpayers like to chip in $500,000 and give me a prop tax cut to boot?

Charger Maniacs

MrBillM - 1-13-2017 at 04:11 PM

Since the thread was closed........................

A recommended read for those obsessing over the Bolts would be today's (Friday) L.A. Times.

Containing a number of articles (6 ?) on the team and their move, including one on the most HATED man in San Diego history.

Spanos.

Good reading.

Including noting the fact that Art Modell went from being worshiped for decades in Cleveland to being wished DEAD.

That's FANS for you.