BajaNomad

Cabo Pulmo recommendations

Kinodaze - 1-22-2017 at 01:37 PM

Hoping to plan dive trip to Cabo Pulmo somewhere in June to early August timeframe. Any recommendations re: preferred dates, (things to potentially see), accomodations, dive operators, rental cars would be much appreciated. Gracias, John

Whale-ista - 1-22-2017 at 07:28 PM

In June 2014 I stayed in a small house managed by Marly Ianson. You can reach her here: cabopulmocasas@gmail.com

She manages houses that are rented in summer when owners (snow birds) are north. I enjoyed Casa de Chuparosa, small 1 bedroom. They have larger places as well.

They are a short walk to the local dive shop, that had a good restaurant and all the options for diving the reef when I was there.

(I didn't dive- went out to snorkel only.)

Have fun!

BooJumMan - 1-23-2017 at 07:48 AM

All I'd say is make sure the AC is in good working condition. It will be HOT ... even at night.

Mula - 1-23-2017 at 08:18 AM

The generators in Cabo Pulmo normally only run from like 8am to 10pm even during the summer, so by 11pm you are sweating for the rest of the night.

Kinodaze - 1-23-2017 at 08:58 AM

Thanks for the comments, sounds like mid -late June may be better than mid-late July...for sleeping...I had heard June water temp and visibility could be poor...

Udo - 1-24-2017 at 01:51 PM

Sens a U2 to Osprey. He lives within 10 miles of Cabo Pulmo.