BajaNomad

Blistery Saturday Morning

Russ - 1-28-2017 at 07:10 AM

59º and windy 15mph average 25 gusts. The shrimpers,7 in all, stayed in close all night.

shari - 1-28-2017 at 08:10 AM

supposed to blow 30 knots here today too....still have grit in my teeth from Motogeds lovely BBQ yesterday and it was just a dress rehearsal for today's wind event.....ewwww.
...but it will blow away this bloody cold front and bring in beautiful summer weather next week!

Nashville Frank - 1-28-2017 at 09:02 AM

Russ,
Great photos! Love the lines in your first photo - the feathery cloud line and water line bisected by the horizon. Colors are outstanding...the boats add an intriguing subplot.

Shari,
That wasn't "grit" in your BBQ! I'm sure it was Motoged's peppercorn rub on that slab of meat the you were savoring. What style does he make? West coast, Texas, Tennessee, Carolinas, Kansas City? I'm a Texas, tender and juicy brisket/ribs, kind'a guy myself.

Hook - 1-28-2017 at 09:43 AM

Gusts to 45 overnight. Some local acceleration going on, in addition to this high pressure incident.

wessongroup - 1-28-2017 at 09:47 AM

Sure a lot of boat out there ... is the wind keeping them in your front yard ?

Russ - 1-28-2017 at 10:03 AM

Looking forward to SUMMER:bounce :

yumawill - 1-28-2017 at 10:19 AM

The wind died here in Yuma last night and is forecast for 10kts today. I guess I can haul in the second anchor on my truck now.

motoged - 1-28-2017 at 11:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Nashville Frank  
Russ,
Great photos! .....

Shari,
That wasn't "grit" in your BBQ! I'm sure it was Motoged's peppercorn rub ....

Windy days, eh !?

Chicken....par-boiled and in lime/garlic/teriyaki marinade overnight....mesquite charcoal....I am new to using charcoal, but it is a fun learning curve....the grit WAS sand :biggrin: