BajaNomad

Our new fav daily hot sauce

Santiago - 2-5-2017 at 10:05 AM

I know - not another hot sauce thread but for the last 6 months we have been going thru three or four bottles of this stuff a month. I can't seem to cook an egg without some of this somewhere. They have other mixes but I have not tried them.
Anyone else? I realize that these kinds of discussions can be more polarizing than politics but still, this is not bad for grocery store sauce.

willardguy - 2-5-2017 at 10:15 AM

you buy it down here or norte?

chippy - 2-5-2017 at 10:18 AM

This

http://www.lareinadelastortillas.com/25-thickbox_default/chi...

Santiago - 2-5-2017 at 10:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
you buy it down here or norte?

Otra lado. Most Nor Cal groceries carry it.

KurtG - 2-5-2017 at 10:58 AM

Company was originally here in San Luis Obispo County and sold to a larger firm a few years back. Hot sauce is great and I use a lot of their Chipotle sauce. Good stuff!

Sweetwater - 2-5-2017 at 11:13 AM

I'd like to try it, carefully...
I make a wicked Habanero jelly, the hot sauces kick up my GERD. When I can get my hands on it, I really enjoy some lime with my hot sauce.

woody with a view - 2-5-2017 at 01:10 PM

Siete Mares. Just good flavor, not hot.

Attachment: phpy1Ifa3 (7kB)
This file has been downloaded 459 times

surfhat - 2-5-2017 at 02:15 PM

Hey Woody, sorry to go off topic, but when you posted the Over the Rainbow song by Izzy ? I found a cd of the same at a local resource store and couldn't pull it out for a couple of weeks. Once I saw the Over the Rainbow song on it, I was completely captivated. Thanks for the recommendation. If I am correct, Iz recently passed away and what a loss. I will treasure this cd all the more.

OK back to the topic. Sorry for the monetary diversion. Thanks to all here.

Russ - 2-5-2017 at 02:36 PM

I got hooked on Tiger Sauce.

Not really a Mexican hot sauce and many think it's too sweet but I love it and had to order it online to get enough bring down. My bro-in-law uses it as a marinate for the bbq. Really does something for chicken breasts.

woody with a view - 2-5-2017 at 03:22 PM

Yeah, Izzy was a classic. Im in the market for a Ukelele to keep the coyotes wailing!

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
Hey Woody, sorry to go off topic, but when you posted the Over the Rainbow song by Izzy ? I found a cd of the same at a local resource store and couldn't pull it out for a couple of weeks. Once I saw the Over the Rainbow song on it, I was completely captivated. Thanks for the recommendation. If I am correct, Iz recently passed away and what a loss. I will treasure this cd all the more.

OK back to the topic. Sorry for the monetary diversion. Thanks to all here.

del mar - 2-5-2017 at 03:32 PM

I've been using the chipotle tabasco...muy bueno!

DanO - 2-6-2017 at 12:49 AM

Valentina extra hot is pretty good.

shopping.jpg - 13kB

StuckSucks - 2-6-2017 at 03:00 PM

Pepper Plant Original Hot Pepper Sauce, 10 oz

woody with a view - 2-6-2017 at 03:05 PM

DanO we use that to marinate chicken overnight and then bake or bbq.

amigobaja - 2-6-2017 at 03:31 PM

I order pepper plant on Amazon delivered to my door up north. I buy it all. Different flavors and rubs. Its all good

NoBu22 - 5-24-2017 at 11:13 PM

I'm using Tabasco too but would like to try the Pepper Plant. Good to know it's available on Amazon

chuckie - 5-25-2017 at 02:22 AM

Melindas

Tabasco chipotle y habanero

john68 - 5-25-2017 at 06:15 AM

Chipotle Tabasco is now sold at Chedraui in La Paz. Excellent.

Tabasco also makes an habanero--too hot for me.

pacificobob - 5-25-2017 at 11:01 AM

it takes all of 3 minutes to put some chilies,and assorted veg in a blender. why not eat a fresh, better product at a fraction the price of a prepared sauce?

BajaGlenn - 5-25-2017 at 11:58 AM

Pico Pica or nothing --:P:P

bajabuddha - 5-25-2017 at 01:24 PM

Viva Cholula !

Hook - 5-26-2017 at 06:41 AM

A couple of new favorites I have discovered to go along with Pico Pica.

I like the flavor of habaneros, but when the heat gets too excessive, it's hard to enjoy the flavor. These next two are hot, but not scorchers.

One is Zaaschila's Habanero sauce and the other is from that fine company Mezzetta, and their habanero sauce. Zaaschila products are available on both sides of the border.

Living in Mexico (though living there only part time now) there are times when I would run out of Pico Pica. I found that Huichol is very close in flavor to Pico Pica hot. No wonder Huichol was always my favorite at-the-table hot sauce in Mexico. It must be far and away the largest selling hot sauce in Mexico.

I also discovered, after doing some side-by-side tasting, that Pico Pica and Huichol's predominant flavor is actually pretty salty. Not vinegar, like many, but salty. I have always been a sucker for hot, salty and sour.

Santiago - 5-26-2017 at 08:20 PM

Hook: as I am the OP and somewhat long ago, what in your opinion is the matter with the Giants....we are dying here.

Hook - 5-26-2017 at 10:47 PM

The Giants, outside of Posey, are not hitting. Their pitching, even w/o Mad Bum, is better than I expected.

But they are not hitting. Even over their three WS championships, I never considered them a good hitting club. But they hit in the clutch and they got the big HR from Pando and Belt and Posey when they needed it. They are not getting it this year, so far.

Time to root for someone else, Santiago. The Giants will not make the playoffs this year. The Rockies and the Dodgers are too good, and the D-backs are not bad, either. No hope for the Wild Card for the Giants. The WC will be either the Cards or the Dodgers or the Rockies. Even the Brewers will be better than the Giants, and cant be counted out as a WC candidate. The Brewers can hit with anyone.

You might consider rooting for the A's, if your Giant bloodlines can allow that. The A's, if they can actually improve on their fielding, might be a .500 club or better.

willardguy - 5-27-2017 at 04:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
Pico Pica or nothing --:P:P

migrating to the city of san fernando from minneapolis in the early 50's our first experience with this thing called hot sauce was Pico Pica....talk about surviving the test of time!