BajaNomad

Conception Bay lot with Papala and tool shed

pdnervo - 2-9-2017 at 03:43 PM

South of Mulege and North of Loreto on mile marker 112. The lot about 1000 sq.ft. is just a few yards from the beach in a small (inlet) bay, in Conception Bay in the Sea of Cortez. Whales, Whale Sharks, Fishing, clamming, kayaking, paddle-boarding.

Water,garbage and power are paid serviced with the lease. Yearly lease fee is $5000.00

The lot has a Toolshed and papala (palm covered car-port).

Tool-shed is well stocked with tools, along with inverters and two golfcart solar batteries, generator, extra supplies, fishing poles and tackle, tennis rackets, a boat with good motor and extra boat parts....-
Check out the pictures. Asking $17,800.00US Or Offer

[file]34568[/file] [file]34567[/file] [file]34566[/file] [file]34565[/file] [file]34564[/file] [file]34569[/file] [file]34570[/file] [file]34571[/file]

David K - 2-9-2017 at 04:05 PM

Posada Concepcion, yes? I think I drove by that very sign last Wednesday!

Martyman - 2-9-2017 at 04:15 PM

$5000/year lease seems more then usual. But what do I know?

bajabuddha - 2-9-2017 at 10:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Martyman  

Posada is not cheap real estate; it's the 'who's who' of the Bahia, the crème de la crème of Concepcion (sorta). There are limited amenities as far as water and power, etc., plus a few hot springs. Even John Wayne had a house (it still is there). So ya spends y'er money, ya takes y'er chances. Ya gits what'cha pays fer.

chuckie - 2-10-2017 at 09:12 AM

Past tense on Posada..used to be would be a better term.....5K? NO WAY, I say....

J.P. - 2-10-2017 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by Martyman  

Posada is not cheap real estate; it's the 'who's who' of the Bahia, the crème de la crème of Concepcion (sorta). There are limited amenities as far as water and power, etc., plus a few hot springs. Even John Wayne had a house (it still is there). So ya spends y'er money, ya takes y'er chances. Ya gits what'cha pays fer.

I have looked at a couple of places in there .The owner of one explained People dont move away they just move up. He called it the Posada HOP

bajaguy - 2-10-2017 at 10:03 AM

Clamming???

David K - 2-10-2017 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Clamming???

For the Baja newbies: the collecting of any shellfish by non-Mexicans is illegal. Buy your clams from locals, provided you are where there are 'locals'.

EDIT: I have been asked about this clam collecting rule. I thought it was pretty common knowledge here on Nomad? However, just so you guys know I didn't make that clam rule up, here are some Internet sources of Mexican fishing regulations:

From Gene Kira's MexFish.com:

1. The catching of "fish" only is allowed. Specifically prohibited are "crustaceans," "mollusks," "marine mammals," "reptiles" and "amphibians.

Traditionally, Mexican inspectors have been lenient in allowing tourists to take such things as clams when it's "only for personal consumption." However, that has become very risky as enforcement has been steadily tightened in recent years, especially with regard to such economically lucrative species as lobster and abalone. Interestingly, Thompson's book makes no mention about "for personal consumption allowed." So watch it. This important booklet should be required reading for all of us who go fishing in Mexico.

Many other sites also have the rules, including Baja Bound Insurance:

A fishing license allows to capture only fin fish. It does not allow to capture any mollusks or crustaceans, and their capture by anyone is strictly prohibited. Totuava, turtles and marine mammals are under protection of the Ministry and may not be captured at any time.

[Edited on 2-10-2017 by David K]