BajaNomad

whale count

joerover - 2-18-2017 at 12:21 AM

Which month is the best for whale watching? February? Are there still whales left in March? Is there a historical census?

elgatoloco - 2-18-2017 at 12:56 PM

http://graywhales.blogspot.com/

We have been to San Ignacio 3 separate times the third week of March and never been disappointed.

shari - 2-19-2017 at 08:48 PM

It depends on which lagoon you go to....for me at laguna OJo de Liebre, the first 2 weeks of March are my favorite as the calves are older and more playful...it's not about the quantity but the quality! The lagoons further south get whales later so the viewing is better later.

bajalinda - 2-21-2017 at 11:30 AM

I've been to Mag Bay / Pto. A. Lopez Mateos 2 separate times in mid-February and both times were fantastic. The most recent was just end of last week. I was told that as a general rule mid-Feb to mid-March is the best time for that location.

nbentley1 - 2-22-2017 at 04:57 PM

Just got back from San Ignacio on Monday and there were plenty. We normally go around this time each year, but have gone as late as early April and there have still been great encounters.

shari - 2-22-2017 at 06:48 PM

Today at the inner lagoon of Ojo de Liebre I experienced the absolute BEST whale encounter EVER in 30 years of hangin out with whales....I'm glowing with whale love....ahhhhhhhhh

liknbaja127 - 2-22-2017 at 07:57 PM

Really Shari? was it better that we had 2 years ago? You were very
stoked That morning!! We will see if we can top it this Sunday!
Will see you soon. Oh and we do have the quart gars for you:bounce: