BajaNomad

Book store in San Felipe?

gringorio - 2-19-2017 at 06:27 AM

Does anyone know if there is a book store in San Felipe? I recall going to one about 10 years ago, but no one I've asked seems to know. Thanks!

book store?

John M - 2-19-2017 at 06:38 AM

There was the one just off the malecon a number of years ago - a store with many English titles, and decent number of history related books some new some used. That may be the store you are remembering. It's been gone a long time and I've wondered the same. I made a few inquiries with nothing gained.

Surely a local SF resident will know...

John M

David K - 2-19-2017 at 09:09 AM

If you get further south, the museum at Bahía de los Angeles and El Caballo Blanco bookstore in Loreto have a large selection of Baja books... and others, too.

rockman - 3-14-2017 at 11:33 PM

One of the best book stores in BCS is Caballo Blanco, on the main street of Loreto, one block from the Malecon. Lots of Baja books.

David K - 3-15-2017 at 08:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rockman  
One of the best book stores in BCS is Caballo Blanco, on the main street of Loreto, one block from the Malecon. Lots of Baja books.

PaulW - 3-15-2017 at 10:23 AM

No book store in San Felipe. Downloads are your friend.
Several places have a pretty large book exchange. Like Pete's and ElDorado near the west side pool. I am sure there are others.

rockman - 3-15-2017 at 11:15 AM

What has the photo got to do with bookstores ?

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2017 at 11:27 AM

kindle is your best friend while traveling! tons of freebees if you don't want to spend on a new book.

David K - 3-15-2017 at 10:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rockman  
What has the photo got to do with bookstores ?

It's the photo of the bookstore in Loreto YOU named Norm. Too bad you weren't there when I was (last month), as I have yet to meet you.

rockman - 3-15-2017 at 11:30 PM

David - My comment about the photo was directed at the one (now withdrawn) of the inappropriate, off topic, hot San Felipe girl, not your photo of the Caballo Blanco.

meme - 3-16-2017 at 08:42 AM

The Book Store San Felipe Title is no more. But you can get books at Petes Camp,(donation to college for San Felipe children) at Dolphin Laundromat(exchange) Eldorado Ranch Library at the new pool complex.
I belive El Vergel Campo also has a book exchange.