BajaNomad

Bringing Non-Fam Minor into Baja

DeMinimis - 2-22-2017 at 11:20 AM

You should have seen my alternative title to this thread.

Anyway, bringing daughter's friend along on this trip. Has her passport. So, anyone ever bring a minor (16-17), non-family to Baja recently? Any hassles? We'll get a notarized letter from her mom saying it's cool as they just love notarized anything in Mexico, just in case. Can't think of anything else needed to get across the border, but if you KNOW of anything, please shout it out. Thanks!

Yea, I know, glutton for punishment (two teenage girls in the rig).

grace59 - 2-22-2017 at 12:30 PM

I'm sure you will need a notarized letter of permission from both parents as my daughter-in-law needed permission from my step-grandson's father to bring him into Mexico. I would also look into getting some kind of permission for contsent to authorize treatment just in case she becomes ill or has an accident. Make mulitiple copies just in case. In reality, you probably won't need in of that stuff, but the moment you don't have it is when you will probably need it! Have fun.

DeMinimis - 2-22-2017 at 12:42 PM

Got the letter part squared away, as well as the medical letter. I haven't found any other requirements from what I could glean from The Net, so hoping we're good. If not, we'll start poking the border crossings like Velociraptors testing the fence, until we get through. Might get the FMMs online, to perhaps smooth the process, but I guess that kills the alternative border crossing idea.

DeMinimis - 2-22-2017 at 12:44 PM

And thanks!!

El Jefe - 2-22-2017 at 02:36 PM

Driving? If so I can tell you from personal experience that two teen age girls along for the ride will delay your stops at the military inspection check points. The young soldiers get lonely. They are always polite, but sure seem happy to see the girls. Lots of sly smiles.

I think you will have no problems at all.

DeMinimis - 2-22-2017 at 02:57 PM

:D