BajaNomad

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COCO... 80 years old!

David K - 2-25-2017 at 02:39 AM

https://www.facebook.com/cocoscorner.ranch

Visited with him last September and waved at him last month as he was out front enjoying some sunshine.

Elizabeth and I had a nice visit in 2014 and here, in 2012... and most every time we go by back to 2005 for Elizabeth and 2001 for me.

dizzyspots - 2-25-2017 at 05:05 AM

fond memories of visits with Sr Coco since
07...Happy Birthday my friend!!

BajaBlanca - 2-25-2017 at 07:37 AM

Happy birthday Coco!

We stopped by for a quick visit last January but I forgot to sign the book.

It was amazing to see and there were quite a few people there.

Hope someone stops by and gives him a hug!

fish101 - 2-25-2017 at 08:55 AM

Happy 80th, Dave & DeeDee Kelly wishes you a Happy Birthday as well. I came through last May and again in September with my Motorhome visiting you both times.. Sorry I couldn't get there today but Dave, DeeDee and Myself wanted to be there, but got tied up with projects in Loreto.. Have a great day, COCO.... Will stop again soon.

Udo - 2-25-2017 at 09:25 AM

Wishing Coco a feliz cumpleaƱos!

kevin_in_idaho - 2-25-2017 at 09:26 AM

We were there a few weeks ago... wish I had known it was his b/day! Happy b/day Coco.

wilderone - 2-25-2017 at 09:48 AM

Happy Birthday!

windows 7 screenshot

WestyWanderer - 2-28-2017 at 09:02 AM

My wife and I spent the last week in the south campos area staying with her parents. A large group went down to Las Palmas just south of Gonzaga and figured since they were so close would stop in and say hi to Coco. Well it happened to be his birthday and they said there was quite a party going on, Coco was even selling T shirts, coozies, and coffee mugs memorializing the event! They said there were lots of Americans along with a number of Coco's family all sharing cake, sodas, and Pacificos. Glad to see people celebrating with such a staple.

BeemerDan - 2-28-2017 at 10:35 AM

Sadly after the party Coco loaned his truck out, and it was involved in a head on accident near the turnoff at Papa Fernandez with one fatality.
Prayers to all involved.

mtgoat666 - 2-28-2017 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Sadly after the party Coco loaned his truck out, and it was involved in a head on accident near the turnoff at Papa Fernandez with one fatality.
Prayers to all involved.

Si toma no maneje!

rts551 - 2-28-2017 at 03:11 PM

The photo was taken off of facebook. If people are interested in the details they are on coco's page there. https://www.facebook.com/cocoscorner.ranch

sancho - 2-28-2017 at 04:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Si toma no maneje!

While this MAY be jumping to conclusion, the message is very
valid. Some of us beer guzzlers, were fortunate to get old
enough to have a little more clarity of mind to not drink
and drive. Baja, for some, brings out the notion it is OK to
have a Pacifico between your legs. Never a good idea. On
occasion see gringos in San Felipe, get out from behind the
wheel, parking on the Malecon in front of the Miramar
finishing off their beer. Sounds kinda preachy, I know

Sweetwater - 3-12-2017 at 10:36 AM

My moto group stopped in on Coco the day before his b'day when riding south, he was doing OK but obviously stressed with the party and the traffic around his place.

I stopped on my way north and he was very distraught. Story I got was that 2 people died after his truck was taken from him (he used the term stolen) and it sounded like a young girl was maimed. This was Tuesday the 8th. It certainly wasn't some gringo visitors but a person he knew very well that crashed the truck after getting out of control with both booze and speed.

I don't FB since it's become a political enforcement site so feel free to copy it's details over to here. The party definitely went sideways from what he expected.

thebajarunner - 3-12-2017 at 12:09 PM

Bummer...
We were there last week, Thursday March 2, and no mention of the incident

rts551 - 3-12-2017 at 07:21 PM

I stopped to see him last week. He is not admitting to "loaning" the truck because it was not a legal vehicle (California plates), no insurance, and was involved in a death. He did say that he did not think the guy was drunk. But who knows...too late now. The place the accident happened was by the bridge, in the north bound lane...and not where you would expect someone to lose control of their vehicle.

Elena La Loca - 3-12-2017 at 07:29 PM

EVERY day is CoCo's birthday! And that's how we, too, should all be living.