BajaNomad

Whale Report for Laguna Ojo de Liebre..the white calf!!!

shari - 2-26-2017 at 08:53 PM

It has been an epic February in Laguna Ojo de Liebre with friendly encounters on nearly every trip of mine! Last week there were about 1,600 whales in the lagoon and more juvenile males than I have ever seen!!! This week was all about calves learning to breach and sprint.

Yesterday I finally got to see the white calf I had been hearing about for weeks! She is a real beauty but not albino as she has black markings and she seems rather listless compared to the other exuberant calves in the lagoon. I feel sorry for it because every boat in the lagoon wants to see her and she sure sticks out! Here are some photos of her or maybe him.

and some other highlights....

We still have some dates open for whale adventures in March with Whale Magic Tours...it just keeps getting better and better as the calves mature and are more playful. Hope to see some of you out at the lagoon next month!

Bajazly - 2-27-2017 at 09:11 AM

Shari, is the first week of April too late? Sounds like the next few weeks would be awesome but my schedule says April unfortunately.

Udo - 2-27-2017 at 11:35 AM

Where is the "LIKE" button.

mtgoat666 - 2-27-2017 at 11:42 AM

Call me Ishmael...
Sounds like everyone is having a good time seeing the watery part of the world, driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation!

BigBearRider - 2-27-2017 at 09:03 PM

That is really cool. I saw the whales in San Ignacio last week for the first time. I am trying to convince my wife to go down again.

liknbaja127 - 2-28-2017 at 07:14 PM

Thanks Shari, We had a great time AGAIN this year! Sunday was a blast! The girls talked about it all the way home. We will be seeing you
again next year. You guys always do a great job:bounce:

BajaBlanca - 2-28-2017 at 07:40 PM

sounds like everyone is having a whale of a time, quite literally!

fishbuck - 2-28-2017 at 08:23 PM

Looks like you guys got tons of whales there!

shari - 2-28-2017 at 09:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Shari, is the first week of April too late? Sounds like the next few weeks would be awesome but my schedule says April unfortunately.

there are usually still some whales around at the mouth in early April but my last trip is on March 26th...have fun.