BajaNomad

Camping alternative Mex 5

hombre66 - 2-28-2017 at 10:34 AM

Reccomending Nachos Camp at Huerfanito to those self contained that want a safe layover at half the price of Campo B or R Grande at Gonzaga. Clean beach , trash cans and Nacho is a really pleasant guy that speaks English well. A minor automotive glitch , he gladly took me to the store at G Bay . Had a great chat as well. He says a pit toilet is in the works.

David K - 2-28-2017 at 11:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hombre66  
Reccomending Nachos Camp at Huerfanito to those self contained that want a safe layover at half the price of Campo B or R Grande at Gonzaga. Clean beach , trash cans and Nacho is a really pleasant guy that speaks English well. A minor automotive glitch , he gladly took me to the store at G Bay . Had a great chat as well. He says a pit toilet is in the works.

Km. 103:

dizzyspots - 3-1-2017 at 05:53 AM

tried to stay there...once...gravels marbles are near impossible to make headway in...beach is rocky...palapas none existent...yeah $20/ night for soft sand, 3/4 enclosed palapa with a concrete floor...fully stocked general store with HOT showers 1 mile away? yeah I'll take rancho grande anytime.....sorry..there are a lot of choices along this coast line...

David K - 3-1-2017 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
tried to stay there...once...gravels marbles are near impossible to make headway in...beach is rocky...palapas none existent...yeah $20/ night for soft sand, 3/4 enclosed palapa with a concrete floor...fully stocked general store with HOT showers 1 mile away? yeah I'll take rancho grande anytime.....sorry..there are a lot of choices along this coast line...

Agree with dizzy... and if $20 is too much, and you have 4WD, find a lonely beach to camp on. El Huerfanito was just sad to see so worn down. I feel sorry for Nacho's but one palapa on a not real sandy beach isn't a big draw. I think the hit here is for fishermen who want to be close to the island?

mickeykreg - 3-6-2017 at 08:57 PM

Camped at Rancho Grande palapa last night for $250 pesos. Nice escape from the wind, but lots of dead jellyfish in the water.