BajaNomad

buying property in Baja

dpf33a - 3-10-2017 at 12:32 PM

i tried search online but if i could get more recent comment on buying property for part time retirement please. Thank you everyone.

Howard - 3-10-2017 at 01:08 PM

Rent for a couple of seasons before you buy. I assure you that there will always be something for sale.

Once you rent and get a feel for the neighborhood, neighbors, city and improvements, if any, then go for it if you are happy there.

Alm - 3-10-2017 at 07:02 PM

As said, the 1st step is to decide on location and to try to actually live there.

Then people would normally ask - what do you think of this area and this price, local notario etc.

Unless you are packed with money so heavily that don't care about making costly mistakes.

dpf33a - 3-10-2017 at 11:16 PM

thank you, please keep coming.

bajatrailrider - 3-11-2017 at 12:57 AM

Lots of people buy a travel trailer.Rent a lot on the beach or where you like. Leave it there dont like it move on.Find a place you like build a home,use the trailer till its done.Then sell the trailer.

Alm - 3-11-2017 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dpf33a  
thank you, please keep coming.

May I say, sir, that your chosen way of communication, i.e. in receiving mode only, strikes me as odd. Though typical of people fishing for free material for a web article.

thebeckster - 3-11-2017 at 10:24 PM

That all sounds like good advice. Stir clear of the build-the-development-as-cash-allows operations. They don't have enough invested to hang with the project. The odds of failure are greater when the risk (money/capital investment) is less. Be especially skeptical if they tell you they sleep well at night because they are so honest!