BajaNomad

From La Paz To Los Cabos: Baja Becomes The New Billionaire Adventure Retreat

GypsyJan - 3-15-2017 at 06:25 PM

From Forbes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2017/02/18/from-la-pa...

Cancamo - 3-21-2017 at 09:27 AM

The resort is serving Tatoaba! Unbelievable, this is the targeted species where the Vaquita is becoming extinct, (30 left on the planet), as a by-catch.

Incredibly irresponsible and ignorant.

mtgoat666 - 3-21-2017 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
The resort is serving Tatoaba! Unbelievable, this is the targeted species where the Vaquita is becoming extinct, (30 left on the planet), as a by-catch.

I think totoaba is also fish-farmed. That said, with wild totoaba being both endangered and a key actor in the looming extinction of the vacquita, it is a shame to see it on any menu. But i have found that often most people focused on hedonistic luxury (e.g. Resort at pedregal) simply dont know and dont care.

monoloco - 3-21-2017 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  

I think totoaba is also fish-farmed. That said, with wild totoaba being both endangered and a key actor in the looming extinction of the vacquita, it is a shame to see it on any menu. But i have found that often most people focused on hedonistic luxury (e.g. Resort at pedregal) simply dont know and dont care.
Yes, it's being farmed in Bahia de La Paz.

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2017 at 02:32 PM

Oh my, how beautiful that resort looks.

Has anyone stayed there? Eaten at the restaurant?

Alan - 3-23-2017 at 12:51 PM

Yes totuava are farmed here in La Paz and was being offered in some of the local restaurants last fall. Suddenly it was no longer available. Rumor has it that MX determined totauva was protected and the law didn't differentiate between wild and farm raised :lol: