BajaNomad

Turning in boat TIP

dtbushpilot - 3-19-2017 at 04:59 PM

Has anyone had any experience terminating a boat TIP when taking the boat back out of MX?

Reeljob - 3-21-2017 at 05:58 AM

Think LaPaz only place I know. Tried t turn mine in at consul in San Diego and the said did not have capacity to do it.

dtbushpilot - 3-21-2017 at 08:44 PM

Good advice reeljob thanks. I used a facilitator in La Paz to secure the needed importation paperwork on my new boat that was shipped from the east coast to La Paz. I'll bet he could tell me how to proceed.

Reeljob - 3-22-2017 at 12:56 AM

Let me know please.

pacificobob - 3-22-2017 at 07:51 AM

nogales , super easy tip return

Reeljob - 3-22-2017 at 01:18 PM

Where in Nogales?

dtbushpilot - 3-22-2017 at 04:49 PM

Nogales is a long way to go towing a small ship just to turn in a tip. I think the place south of Nogales is for autos and wouldn't be surprised if they turned me away and told me to go somewhere with an ocean.

chatolj - 3-22-2017 at 05:49 PM

I did a return at the Otay office in TJ. As long as all the serial numbers on the boat, motor(S) trailer match up to the TIP its fast and easy.

Lengua - 3-22-2017 at 09:17 PM

We crossed the border with our boat and no one asked for the TIP. We've sold our boat since then and need to turn in our TIP.

Any problems with this ?

pacificobob - 3-23-2017 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Reeljob  
Where in Nogales?

it is located about 5 miles south of the border ,on the right(east side of the road). well signed. looks like a coffee kiosk.

chatolj - 3-23-2017 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lengua  
We crossed the border with our boat and no one asked for the TIP. We've sold our boat since then and need to turn in our TIP.

Any problems with this ?

Yes. If they can't confirm serial numbers on TIP to the boat, motor(s) and trailer there is no way to confirm that the items were not sold down south.
Its all about tax money on imported merchandise. One is supposed to physically show the property when canceling TIP so serial numbers can be confirmed. Don't ask how i know this. Maybe with the bill of sale and a DMV print out of change of ownership you can get it done. ?????