BajaNomad

Turning in a permit in Tecate?

Howard - 3-20-2017 at 07:01 PM

I am posting this for a friend. The seller wants to delver the trailer on the USA side but my friend wants the import sticker legally turned in before he buys the trailer. The seller would like to cross in Tecate and turn the sticker in and below is my friends (the buyer) question. Has anyone done this in Tecate?

The travel trailer was brought in through Nogales and had to get the import sticker/surety bond and then ferried across to Baja. This import sticker is so you don't sell your vehicle in Mexico and when you exit Mexico they remove the sticker. We heard that you can get it removed in Tecate. Does anyone have any recent experience having it removed at the border in Tecate and/or Mexicali? We prefer Tecate, but know how hard it would be to get to the Mexican side border with a 27' travel trailer and then have to go back to get in line for the U.S. crossing. Any information would be appreciated.

[Edited on 3-21-2017 by Howard]

pacificobob - 3-22-2017 at 07:56 AM

last time i did a TIP, tecate was not an option for returning it. however nogales is super easy , great parking. good luck. let us know what you do.