BajaNomad

Solo en Baja from Expedition Portal

MexicoTed - 3-29-2017 at 07:25 PM

I had never been to Mexico prior to this trip. Also, being Swedish meant that my Spanish was pretty much non-existent. That wasn’t going to stop me. I could not have been more excited about my solo road trip to the Baja Peninsula in Mexico. I had been planning it for quite some time. What better vehicle to do this trip in than my daily driver, a 22 year old Land Rover Defender............ https://expeditionportal.com/48765-2/

mtgoat666 - 3-29-2017 at 07:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MexicoTed  
I had never been to Mexico prior to this trip. Also, being Swedish meant that my Spanish was pretty much non-existent.

You had never been to Mexico before Jan 2017, and got no Spanish, but you write a blog on baja and you have posted 600 messages here over 12 years.

Illogical!

:?:

MexicoTed - 3-29-2017 at 09:30 PM

Ha, ha Goat! I didn't write the article, I'm just posting it with the first paragraph included. Sort of a tease to read the article instead of just posting a link.

:P

BigBearRider - 3-29-2017 at 10:01 PM

Lurigt!

Min spanska har blivit mycket bättre i Baja.

BooJumMan - 3-29-2017 at 10:07 PM

Amazing how many first timers enjoy writing blogs about how awesome Baja is....

David K - 3-30-2017 at 08:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by MexicoTed  
I had never been to Mexico prior to this trip. Also, being Swedish meant that my Spanish was pretty much non-existent.

You had never been to Mexico before Jan 2017, and got no Spanish, but you write a blog on baja and you have posted 600 messages here over 12 years.

Illogical!

:?:

Goat, stop munching the mota! Mexico Ted has been a major Baja Nomad contributor and Baja travel promoter for many years. Do you see the links in his signature? LOOK at one of them, your little vaquita is featured: http://bajavisitor.blogspot.com/

David K - 3-30-2017 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  
Amazing how many first timers enjoy writing blogs about how awesome Baja is....

Baja has the effect on people!

Before the Internet, people took their first Baja trip and wrote a book about it!

From the 1950s and 60s when the pavement ended less than 150 miles from the border, and a road grader didn't get more than 50 more miles past that:

These two served in WWI and wanted an adventure in Baja, so they walked from San Diego to Mulegé in 1921!:

These two guys just got out of WWII duty and wanted to go to every mission, in 1949-1950:

This TV personality first went to Baja in 1965:

Even in modern times, people are compelled to write a book about their first trip, such as this one:

ehall - 3-30-2017 at 09:16 AM

Read the whole article. Good read thanks for posting.